Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what am I ?

what am I ?

I have been thinking about several threads that have been here lately. I am a crossdresser, I am just a little crossdresser, I like only the feel of the clothes, I do it just to release the tension, I do it just for fun. I personal think we are all transgendered born this way at birth. I also think we start very slowly at a young age to realize we are different from other males. As we let our self's bring our female side out, we don't under stand why we feel this way. From a very young age to adulthood most of us will still feel this way. Now, my reasoning, I think we are all transsexuals in our minds at birth the same amount, How much we let the world know about us is what makes us different. Some, let it out very freely, some have a hard time. We ask how to come out in public all the time in these threads. It is not possible to do until you except in your mind, you are doing nothing wrong, be your self, dress like you want, go out and have a good time. No one cares what you are doing, unless you are making a fool of your self. You have just as much wright to dress the way you want as any other person in the world, it is not against the law. I can say every one that wants to go out, can at 11-29-2018 at 7:00 PM, I gave you the OK. Now, lets be real. Take a breath and put your shoes on and what ever else you want to wear and see the out side world, it will make a new person of you. Where are you on my scale, full out transsexual to a feel good dresser. Marshalynn

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    A rather naive one size fits all approach. Take some time to read the posts of people who have come out without thought and planning. Wrecked marriages,jobs,friendships, relationships etc. Not to mention some people live in areas where you just don't do that. The safety factor alone requires thoughtful planning. So your "permission" needs to be a bit more thought out.
    Last edited by Kelly DeWinter; 11-28-2018 at 10:32 PM.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Why that day specifically?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Kelly is right. For many, to just get dressed and go out, would mean disaster.

I agree with Kelly, there is no one size fits all. Damn, THAT WOULD BE A BORING WORLD.

The recent post about the gender bridge I think illustrated rather nicely how we don't all stand in the same spot, there millions of varying levels of crossdressing.

I feel we should all be more accepting of each other. There two many here that think their road to the end is the only road to travel. We all need to travel our own road and choose the exits we want to get off at and stay awhile or never leave. All our roads do not follow the same route or end in the same place.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U sound like you've never read another thread here, Marshalynn?
    We r far from being alike here. We have the ONE thing in common: We dress in women's things!

I grew up with zero gender issues. Never even THOT about trying on my mothers, girlfriends, or wife's things. Then, suddenly started CDing out of the blue at age 50!
    Was THAT a confusing time!

Since then, 20+ years ago, I've definitely fallen down the rabbit's hole!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

All of our situations and circumstances are Different. Many have "restrictive" conditions under which their dressing is limited. Others , like myself, have no restrictions. Many of us have no interest in transitioning, or being full-time---while others do. Not a transsexual here. But understand those that think differently. No Two of us are the Same. Toni G..
    "Seen by Many---Clocked by Any??"
    In the Snowbird Zone

Banned Read only
    Marshaynn,
    Basically you're saying how bad is you GD , I feel we are born with a female trait , what label you choose to put on that is debateable . At birth if we are born male we will remain so until we can come to terms with the level of GD, where that takes us depends on so many circumstances , I don't feel you can say we are all transsexual at that point . All you can say is the CDing issue is placing us somewhere on the TG spectrum , we are all different and shaped by our own unique circumstances .

I gave up self analysis a long time ago, like many others I just go about being me and I worry less.

Kelly, answered your question I think.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

None of your boxes fit. Stop trying to cram us into them

Brian: You're all individuals!
    Crowd (in unison): Yes, we're all individuals!
    Single loner and an ashamedly quiet voice: I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalynn View Post
    I have been thinking about several threads that have been here lately.

I am a crossdresser, I am just a little crossdresser, I like only the feel of the clothes, I do it just to release the tension, I do it just for fun.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I am a little more of a crossdresser. I spend most of my private time dressed and do venture forth occasionally to public events all done up.

I personally think we are all transgendered born this way at birth. I also think we start very slowly at a young age to realize we are different from other males. As we let our self's bring our female side out, we don't understand why we feel this way. From a very young age to adulthood most of us will still feel this way.

Now, my reasoning, I think we are all transsexuals in our minds at birth the same amount. How much we let the world know about us is what makes us different. Some, let it out very freely, some have a hard time.
    I like to personally think every one is born somewhere along the spectrum between the ultra male (110% Male) and the ultra female (110% female). Some start out in one place on the scale and shift as time goes on. Some shift rapidly, some hardly at all. I think of myself floating about somewhere in the grey area most of the time between male and female, never above 50% in either direction.

We ask "how to come out in public" all the time in these threads. It is not possible to do until you accept in your mind, you are doing nothing wrong, be yourself, dress like you want, go out and have a good time. No one cares what you are doing, unless you are making a fool of your self. You have just as much right to dress the way you want as any other person in the world, it is not against the law.
    Well no one SHOULD care, but society has a way of putting it's nose into everything. We are conditioned from birth to interact and respond with society. Would be pretty boring if we didn't. We concern ourselves with the views of society. The stigmas associated with being labelled unfavorably. Labels that affect our employment, marital status, political aspirations. ROFLMAO, just had a thought, imagine a video of Trump surfacing of him dressed Ultra-Femme in pink, boisterously singing, "I feel pretty". He probably wouldn't have made it to the white house, or been the business man he is today.

While it may not be against the law in most places, there are a few places around the world where it is prohibited for one gender to parade casually around dressed as the polar opposite, beyond that of theatre performances. Some of the other posts are also correct, there is a factor of safety that needs to be taken into account. If you are in an area where everything is highly gender polar, then a casual random jaunt about town as the opposite of what society believes you to be could be dangerous.

For myself, all done up to the Feminine 9's, I get a ride to someplace I feel comfortable.. but were I to take my long legs, high heels and short skirt to the end of my alley way of my neighbor hood... Well some hulking brutes might make certain to illustrate an improper way to treat a lady. That I fear.

Regrettably all of our situations are different

I can say every one that wants to go out, can at 11-29-2018 at 7:00 PM, I gave you the OK.

Now, lets be real. Take a breath and put your shoes on and what ever else you want to wear and see the out side world, it will make a new person of you.

Where are you on my scale, full out transsexual to a feel good dresser.

Marshalynn
    Actually, I consider my attire every day. I select an outfit commiserate with the task at hand. So I'm generally in Black jeans Steel toed boots, and a shirt... but I may be stealth dressed wear panties, nylons, & and a bra.

What do I want the world around me to see... Whats comfortable... "Who do you want to be today?"

Should any of you decide to go out as suggested, be safe.

As for your scale, slightly above feel good dresser.
    ------------------
    Height: 6' 1.375"
    Weight: 178 lbs approx.
    Bust: 40.25", Band: 36", Waist: 34", Hips: 40", Inseam: 36"

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Why that day specifically?
    I was wondering the same thing about the time as well. Why not at high noon?

As much as I want people to be happy with who they are...I also want them to be alive. There are places in the world where dressing can get you seriously hurt or killed when the wrong people get a wrong idea in their head for no other reason than you and they are at the same place at the same time. It would be great if everyone could go out dressed at 7PM on November 29th 2018 but the reality is that the world is sometimes a cruel and dangerous place. Even if you aren't a crossdresser.

Marshalynn -
    I live my life dressed in female clothes at all times - out and about and even at work.
    I think your post does say that we all have our own course to follow in this life and while it would be nice if all could just pick a time and GO!, we must make our own way.

Tina

I've seen quite a few here that are quite adamant that we are born this way. I'm keeping an open mind at this point. Nurture vs Nature as they say. Saying that we are transexual at birth doesn't make much sense to me. I'd guess the majority of us are not truly TS.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Marshalynn, I regret to tell you that your feelings, ideas or belief don't fill all lives. We're all different and you're trying just uniform or level us up as equal. Just dressing there are so many variations on fabric, colors, texture, shapes preferences I could keep but it is an unlimited world...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I love the title !! Like many of the replies I disagree with the concept that we all start the same regarding GD. Some of the replies have been insightful.

But going back to the title -'what am I ?' or better yet 'who am I?' I think the original thought is a great question for people on a gender related site to ask themselves. This site has a wide variety of people on the gender spectrum. Be introspective and honest with yourself 'who am I?'

Knowing the answer to that question is a great step toward happiness. It took most of my life to figure it out.

To all of you, thank you for your reply. I am very happy being a 75 year old transsexual, I believe our need to be female comes at birth, when we are growing in mom's tummy, something happens to our brain that causes this, so this is where I think we all start out the same. As we live life, this is how we differ in our transgendered life, many things cause life to change to every one. Tell me why, only a very small percentage of the people of the world are this way. what caused you to be this way. I will ask all of you to answer, their should be a common answer to cause us to be the way we are. Our very very small percentage of the worlds population think the way we do. Ever day causes would make a larger group of us. So tell me the one thing that caused us all to have this life changing prize? About the date, every one ask how to come out in public, this is what got me thinking about this. No one has a good answer for this, so I got a little crazy and gave every one a time they could come out, that seemed like a good time, you don't like this one, I will give you another. There is no special thing that will all of a sudden say, lets go. When you finally believe this is how you want to express yourself, you well go out and except the world as you. You will be nerves, but it will pass and life will be good. Yes, I do think you can put people in a list of different boxes, but how long is the list of boxes I don't know. So you didn't like the other date, well here is a new one 12-9-2018 4AM Have fun. Marshalynn

I agree with the others. I understand what you are saying and I think it is an important point of view. But we are all different and gender is a very wide, very long, and extremely colorful spectrum. Just because we may have all begun in the same way, that is, with some kind of genetic combination that produced a variable identity does not mean that what came after birth followed exactly the same path. And we have to recognize that identical twins are only identical at conception. After that they follow very similar but not identical paths and when born they have some fairly significant genetic differences even though they look identical.

I am astounded at how similar most everybody's story is and the scientific literature fully recognizes and is as amazed and perplexed by that uniformity as you or I are. But the experts who study this phenomenon also realize that the uniformity is a result of looking at only the commonalities while ignoring the differences. At the level of fine detail we are all different and we have all lived rather different lives that happen to have a lot of patterns in common. We can all wear a size 72 dress, but that doesn't mean it fits. For most it is more like a tent. The point is, the gender spectrum really can't be compressed without a lot of people suffering severe injuries. I don't think I will take you up on either date. Thanks for the offer, but I will set my own date.

What I find helpful in understanding who I am is remembering (small but meaningful) events that happened as I was growing up. This includes memories other people have of me - that have been conveyed to me. Also, seeing photos of when I was younger show the truth of who I am. YMMV
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KymberlyOct View Post
    I love the title !! Like many of the replies I disagree with the concept that we all start the same regarding GD. Some of the replies have been insightful.

But going back to the title -'what am I ?' or better yet 'who am I?' I think the original thought is a great question for people on a gender related site to ask themselves. This site has a wide variety of people on the gender spectrum. Be introspective and honest with yourself 'who am I?'

Knowing the answer to that question is a great step toward happiness. It took most of my life to figure it out.
    Dear reader, if you're stuck for time you only really need to read Kym's reply above.

Aspiring Member
    You are you

After reading the OP I know I do not fit in very many of the "boxes" Where I live to use your way is a sure way to get hurt if not dead. Many of us know what we can and can not do in our social area. Some of us have the luxury of being able to go somewhere our desired life style is not deadly.
    One year gon past I was at a meeting in a southern big city and I became so secure in my presentation that when I and my supporters started to head home I decided to stay in dress. I stopped for some fluid transfers and went in side to get the key for the room I was denied the key and was told to get out of the service station and in their descriptive words that I was not welcome to the point if I stayed in the store that I would be given a full set of scars and bruises on my soon to be naked body. I left.
    No not all areas are as accepting as your dream world.

. . .because it's "Dress Up Day"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Don't try to over analyze things and you will be much better off.