Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The “Minor Incident” Thread

Aspiring Member
    Some years ago I was staying in a hotel in York as Susan. When I was having dinner the waiter called me Madam at least once and sometimes twice in every sentence. I concluded he was taking the p**s. Then I heard him at other tables treating every women exactly the same way. This was the first of many visits to this hotel in York and he and the waitresses were extremely nice to me.

Incidentally in York people address both genders as "Mate".

Once, during a national holiday, I visited a museum that was having a free admission day. Because it was free, there was a big line and folks were being let in ten at a time. I was fully dressed and had had a makeover earlier that day.

As luck would have it, I ended up having to walk past all people in line (being clocked by everyone and being pointed at by small kids) and ended up standing behind a lady and her 10 or so year old son. After I took my place in the line and the mother and son gave me a good looking over, the lady put her hand over the kid's shoulder as if to keep him looking forward.

As I was leaving, One guy let me by as I was going down the stairs. I had a weird feeling about it, so I let the guy go by. As he was going down, I could see his phone was set to camera mode. If there’s one thing I hate, is being photographed without permission.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    First consultation with my urologist went fine. I'm in great shape as he was complimenting. "Let's just do a quick check on your prostate."
    Pink lacey FOTL panties are so comfortable and part of everyday attire under my uniform. I don't know if I heard a giggle or a snicker but, he was very professional
    with the task at hand.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I'm out at the organization where I volunteer and attend many of their events dressed, but not their monthly staff meetings, which are also open to the public.

During one such meeting, one of the organizers of an event I was participating in en femme mentioned my femme name while pointing to me when I was in drab. Later I asked the organizer to only refer to me by my femme name when I’m actually en femme.

On a much lesser note, two long estranged earrings were finally reunited today.

I was out with my ex-wife last weekend, lunch and a little retail therapy. At the restaurant, the waitress used the correct pronouns, and even said 'thanks ladies' when she presented the check. A dozen shops later, and I was feeling pretty good, had a few bags of things, and we had a great day.
    The problem? My ex kept referring to me by my male name!

In the car, as gently as I could, I asked her to refer to me as "Jodie", or if that was too difficult, by "Lynne", since Jodie is close to my boy name.
    She apologized and said it was hard for her, since she knew me as 'him' for so long. I didn't make a big issue of it, but did tell her she needs to get used to the new me.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I've experienced the "sir" from SA's on several occasions. The most intentional use of the male pronoun I received while dressed was from a Border Patrol Agent. I had been working in a city on the TX/MX border. I was staying in a hotel on the TX side. I had my femme stuff with me and would dress at the hotel at night. When I finished my job I decided to drive back home in femme. So, with full make up, wig, dressed to travel, I left the hotel and headed home. About 15 miles from the border is a check point where you must stop, you typically just get asked, "are you an American Citizen?" Often times the agents will be standing on both sides of the vehicle when you stop. I had put my windows down on both sides, stopped and the agent on the passenger side asked about my citizenship. I replied, yes. The another agent standing next to him; in a loud, authoritative voice said, "Have a good day, SIR."

I thought what a jerk... there was no sign of the law enforcement tolerance training, respect, etc.

Oh well, I just went on and Had a Good Day!

Molly

Banned Read only
    Patience,
    Shopping outings have possibly raised the most smiles , sometimes I feel I should write them all down .

I'll go with this one , I was shopping for heels but in drab , a kind SA was showing me where to look ,as we walked she happened to ask how high did the heels need to be and how tall is the wearer ? So I relpied you're standing next to her !! She gave me a great dig in the ribs with a huge smile .
    Last edited by Teresa; 03-23-2019 at 08:02 AM.

I haven't been out en femme yet, but several SAs know I'm sometimes Abbie. Especially at my local Superdrug where I bought most of my makeup.
    I often go in light hybrid mode - women's s jeans, women's sneakers, men's shirt with tweed waistcoat and jacket, topped off with a lick of mascara, lippy and concealer, occasionally eye shadow, and a splash of jewelery.
    The SAs there say they love chatting to me cos I'm not like other men. They just have to put up with contentless grunts. That makes me sad.
    But it did almost cause a minor incident when I went in with my wife. My wife doesn't approve of me going out dressed (yet...) but she knew I'd told these gals. But she wouldn't have been impressed if one of them referred to me as Abbie. Fortunately none did. Minor crisis avoided.
    My shoes have caused a few stares, I must admit. I have some that are women's but borderline gender neutral. But my Joe Browns Carnival kicks? Oh they're ladies' alright! 😁

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Joe-Browns-.../dp/B076FH2T7D

Love those puppies.
    My wife would hate knowing that I went out in these. Good job she doesn't know.😬
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 03-23-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2B Natasha View Post
    At a restaurant with my wife. Myself dressed en femme. The waiter came over to take our orders and referred to me with male pronouns. He meant no harm. He was just going along doing his job not thinking about it. Neither my wife or I said anything. Acually no reaction from either of us. Later in the meal. He made a point of coming over. Admitting to us what he had done. Apologized profusely and gave us a free dessert to boot.
    Had a similar thing happen a few weeks back when I was playing the slots. A waitress asked if I'd like something to drink, and I asked for a cranberry juice. Unfortunately, a frog caught in my throat and I didn't sound feminine in the least. Waitress was looking down at her tray and said "Yes, sir." As soon as she looked up, she said "I'm so sorry, ma'am."

When she delivered my drink, she made a point to say that my dress was gorgeous, and it was quite sincere..

I went on a weekend mini-vacation with my daughter, to a kite festival on the coast. This was before I went full-time female, but I had decided I was going to spend the whole trip en-femme. At the time I did not yet have any credit cards with my female name on them. The hotel we checked into has very explicit pro-inclusion policies, with welcoming signs in the lobby windows saying all guests are safe there, regardless of race, creed, or LGBTQ status.

On checking in, the clerk asked for both my credit card that I had reserved the room with, and my Driver License as photo ID. Well, I calmly handed him the items, both of which showed my male name, and commented that the picture on the license didn’t resemble me much any more. The clerk, having just seen my male ID card, proceeded to welcome me with male pronouns. Despite me standing there with 40-D boobs, long hair, feminine makeup and nails, earrings, feminine voice, and wearing a blouse and skirt. I politely corrected him on the pronouns, and went to my room.

Not ten minutes later, the manager called my room and profusaely apologized for the clerk misgendering me. They got it right after that.

I think the one that comes to mind is almost in the category of a major incident, but....not quite! I was in Lane Bryants looking at the clothes in drab and just owned it when the SA ask me if were for me. She was real skinny and that struck me as strange for a Lane Bryants. After about 10 minutes she excused herself and went into the back room where I heard a long and continuous laughing. I didn't know whether to be embarrassed or mad!

The manager at the register looks at me with big big eyes, and immediately sends another SA associate in back and then walks to me. She says, "I am so, so sorry". She looks at the clothes I have in hand, three new bra's; a dozen panties; two skirts; a blouse; a dress; and a pair of shoes.

She says to me "You know Honey, Girls like you are a third of my business. There is no way I'm going to let this stand. Can I make it up to you by giving you store credit for $100 and the employee discount for the rest?"

What can I say, roughly $500 dollars worth of clothing turned into $250 in purchases. I have since shopped there many times and have been well treated. I've also never seen that employee again.

Let's see, I also, in my early days was just wearing an evening gown on Halloween, when I went into the pizza place to pick up a Pizza I had ordered. A young man opened the door for me, and I was startled and he then slammed the door, then took another look and then opened the door and said "I'm sorry...Mam?".

I love the mixture of cringe, laughter, and triumph (sometimes epic fail but meh, what you gonna do?) in this thread.

I don't get out much, when I do I try to blend, but every so often I get the stop dead and stare look. I just keep walking.

Better write it down while I remember it.

The other day, I went back to the music store to pick up the guitar I dropped off for repair a week ago (for that story, click here).

It was a nice warm day, so I put this outfit together:

Attachment 303137

Please stop looking up my skirt. Thank you.

Anyway, as I was walking toward the store, I sorta caught up with these two guys who were streaking, I mean, other than caps, sunglasses, and these flimsy thing covering their naughty bits, they were completely stark naked. (sorry, not pictures)

As I walked past them ( they were taking their time), I said to one: "And people complain about me! The guy turned towards me, saw how I was dressed and laughed out loud. It was a funny moment.

I went on, collected my guitar and ran the rest of my errands, kicking myself for having left my camera at home.
    Last edited by Patience; 04-05-2019 at 05:49 PM. Reason: added link.

I was walking into the restroom in my local Target this past Sunday, there were a couple of young girls coming out so I moved out of their way and sudendly their mother ran right into my chest. After a couple of awkward sorries and excuse me's we passed and I made my way to the stall and peed. Coming out of the bathroom her and her husband and the rest of her family were just outside the door. My first thought was that there was going to be trouble, a husband and little girls, but she turned away from me and I heard "there she is." At first I was panicked but then I realized she said "there she is", I went on about my shopping and didn't see them again. I think she was embarrassed about almost planting her face in my boobs and didn't even think about anything else.

i'll add that sometimes store clerks will not use any pronouns. so rather then saying, "can you help her?" they'll just say, "can you help." and avoid pronouns completely. it is a little odd since there sentence stops short. but it's better then getting sir'd in front of their co worker, who may or may not be reading you
    Last edited by closets; 04-07-2019 at 01:19 PM.

This is very minor but in a good way.

I was out grocery shopping today.

When I get to the checkout the young lady at the on the till said.

We are nicely colour coordinated today. I just said yes and smiled.

It just happens my waterproof jacket is Fuschia which matches my nails and lipstick.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Eva Bella,
    I hang out in the gay community and that flamboyant gay fellow definitely threw shade your way. Believe me honey.

Good Lord..... you are talking to the Queen of Minor & Embarrassing Incidents. (where do I begin?)

There was the time I was DWD (Driving While Dressed) in the convertible when a delivery truck driver called out to me at an intersection. The only voice I could muster was my male baritone.

Probably the best one was when I locked myself out of a B&B I was staying at (and dressing). I was on a long 250 mile bicycle trip and stayed at a nice wine town on the banks of the Mo River. Late in the evening I went out into the B&B courtyard for a final glass of wine. I left my keys inside the building and found myself locked out. There were very few guests at the time and no one was answering my knocks on the door and windows. After many hours of desperate searching for a way in, and with the specter of being discovered IN A DRESS in the B&B courtyard in the morning..... I broke a door window with a rock and retrieved my keys and room. I ended up paying the owner for the repairs. He was a good sport about it. The Owner told me he saw the security cam video of me trying to get in (and understood). He also saw me dressed up. Thankfully, he was very cool about it and generous. I gifted him with a fine bottle of Scotch.

Some of the WORST experiences, however, happened as the result of Inadvertent Coming Out; like the time my sister-in-law, my (adult) daughter and granddaughter caught a view of "grandpa" dressed as a woman on my very big screen TV. The women were showing photos off a USB stick, and one of my early CD photos was left in the file. (damn it). My 4 yr old granddaughter saw me first. "Hey, that's Boppa in a dress !". The women turned to see it much to their amazement. Thank God I was wearing my favorite spirit dress, and looked great in the picture. But...... the accident generated a whole lot of bad feelings and discontent.
    Be careful out there, ladies.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Quote Originally Posted by abbiedrake View Post
    I love the mixture of cringe, laughter, and triumph (sometimes epic fail but meh, what you gonna do?) in this thread.
    As do I, Abbie.

I'm due for another outing. I'm feeling the itch.

About 12 years ago my wife, then fiancee, went to Las Vegas. I had told her about my dressing when we first met so there were no issues there. I scheduled a makeover in our hotel room. The girl did a fantastic job. My wife had never seen me dressed before and her jaw dropped when it was complete. I' about 5ft 6 140 pds so I usually do pretty well. Anyway I went down for a drink at the hotel bar; wearing a tight red dress and heels. I was sitting at the bar and there were two couples at a table next to me. I heard one of the men say "that's a call girl" Since call girls in Vegas are generally pretty good looking I took that as a compliment lol. When I told my wife she had a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    First consultation with my urologist went fine. I'm in great shape as he was complimenting. "Let's just do a quick check on your prostate."
    Pink lacey FOTL panties are so comfortable and part of everyday attire under my uniform. I don't know if I heard a giggle or a snicker but, he was very professional
    with the task at hand.
    That's pretty brave. I dress even more drab than usual when I know I’ll have to take my pants off at the doctor's. I guess it would be like wearing lipstick when going to the dentist.

I was in the garden a few days back mowing the lawn in some lovely tight shorts and a top the clearly showed a couple of bumps, when a delivery guy calls over the fence saying he has a parcel for me... no place to hide had to go to the front door to collect it, no wig, no makeup Oops 😂

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Someone recently said. . . If it wasn't for your voice. . . I suppose I should see the compliment but it still bothered me. What if they had said you know your hands are the only thing that really gave it away. What do I do then? Chop my hands off? From that point on I'll always focus on my large hands. Not saying they're large just an example. So yeah now I'm focused on my voice. Sucks. Whenever you tell someone this is good except for or whatever you're going to make them focus on the one thing that's not acceptable.

I wouldn’t be disappointed by that comment, Genifer. It means all other aspects of your dressing are really working.

Of all things we need to work on to feminize ourselves, the voice is probably the hardest one to master. The good news is it is possible (at least in principle; I don’t know your voice) to train one’s voice to sound more feminine. You can’t train your hands to be smaller.