Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cross dressing and weight

Weight is a big issue for most of us. I was 225 lbs in 2016 when I decided it was time to get with it. Through diet and exercise I am now 160 lbs. It was hard at first, but once I saw some results it kept me going. Cycling was the biggest aid in losing and keeping the weight off.

The main thing I hate is just about all of the sexy dresses are for smaller women than sz 18.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Thanks for the link on the Barban article, especially the first, which in turn links to an article on the "Twinkie diet", which is consistent with the reading I've done (it's calories that count, not the foods that make up the calories).

Exercise is a component in weight loss, but it is secondary to controlling the calories you consume. When I run, my gizmo (watch) says I burn about 125 calories a mile.

When you do the math, that means you have to run about a marathon to lose a pound. It is hard to lose weight only through exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenMe View Post
    ... (it's calories that count, not the foods that make up the calories)....
    sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong.

there are three basic macronutrients; fat, carbohydrates and protein.
    they each have a profoundly different hormonal effect on your digestion.

i've been losing weight at a rate of about 10lbs/month for the past 4-5 months.
    i have mainly been following the teaching/ lectures/ guidelines of two people.

Dr Robert Lustig on sugar/ processed food.
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmC4Rm5cpOI
    Dr Jason Fung on diet/ fasting, understanding the 2 compartment problem.
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk

Without question this is a major influence upon my dressing, selection of clothing and confidence. I am close to 77 and do not want to wear or appear as an old lady. I look much younger from the chest up, but dipping south s another story. With two artifical knees and hips I am afraid it may be too late. I am not happy with dressing at home only, even with my wife reaching total acceptance. I find it hard to even think of going shopping. Any solutios would be appreciated

Have added about 15 lbs over the last 2-3 years and that means I no longer fit into my favourite skirts and have gone up a couple of sizes. I know that I need to eat healthier and exercise more but being disciplined enough to do it is another matter. If anything, I think my cross-dressing goals - to fit into my smaller sized outfits (and not look 4 months pregnant!) provide more motivation than fitting into my male clothes.
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

I think it more about eating reasonable quantities than eating "healthy." Healthy is a buzz word used to sell more expensive products and diets.
    I eat and cook tasty food made with fat, salt, and sugar. I cook small portions to limit my calorie intake. I'll often eat candy or ice cream
    while I cook, as I have a sweet tooth. I'll also bake and freeze. But, no muffin top here.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 12-15-2018 at 08:33 AM.

I've always been underweight. It's not really a huge problem with dressing, other than having an almost non-existent ass. And being thin makes you look a bit older than you are.

Where I live, being overweight would actually make you loook more female, since most women here are "big".

Quote Originally Posted by myrrhlynn View Post
    sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong.

there are three basic macronutrients; fat, carbohydrates and protein.
    they each have a profoundly different hormonal effect on your digestion.

i've been losing weight at a rate of about 10lbs/month for the past 4-5 months.
    i have mainly been following the teaching/ lectures/ guidelines of two people.

Dr Robert Lustig on sugar/ processed food.
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmC4Rm5cpOI
    Dr Jason Fung on diet/ fasting, understanding the 2 compartment problem.
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
    Well, if I'm wrong, then the science is wrong.

Because every study of diets shows that NONE of them work any better than any other.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...h-protein-diet

Diet fadists like the ones you cite have a vested interest in pushing their theories, generally books to sell (which is why there are thousands of diet books). So their regimes are long on anecdote and short on evidence.

If you eat less sugar, you eat less empty calories. That's all.

Our bodies, because of hereditary reasons (we evolved from cave people) could eat lots of different stuff and make it work.

The science is on my side, not yours.

Well, I've gained weight, but like a lot of other things that I thought would stop my dressing, it hasn't!

Let's see, I also thought:

Getting married
    Having kids
    Getting older
    Thinning hair
    Cutting my hair
    Getting a new girlfriend
    Having grandkids
    Not being able go pass
    A better job
    More money
    Living in the "right" neighborhood
    Stuffy friends and neighbors
    Working in an ultra-conservative business
    Religion
    Growing out of it
    Getting tired of it

You get the point. I'm a lifer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenMe View Post

The science is on my side, not yours.
    hard for me to believe the results i have gotten are based on science fiction.
    other than severely cutting sugar, including fructose, i follow nobody's diet plan, only the times i eat.

Jason Fung and Robert Lufkin sell nothing but an idea.
    follow the age-old diet recipe of "eat less & move more" and you will eventually fail.

ThehiddenMe,
    I think that in part you're right like all diets in part are right but at the end of the day they are yoyo diets. People soon or later comes back to gain weight and in most of the cases the gain is bigger than the loss.

I'd been on Keto for 7 years. I have to say that Keto is a life style and the real one is not only what you but now you sleep, the amount of exercise and more things than just calories, fat or protein.
    It has worked but as a proof that is not simple mathematics since I began on HRT I have to change and adjust my eating habits as well sleep and other things that at the end of the day have a huge influence on your body. Women's body are different than men's body. Age is another factor.
    Some people without any malfunction in the system don't gain weight easily but others are like captures of fat.

I've been a climber, hiker in the highest tops of the world, yes Everest included and in those day the knowledge was a lot of calories needed, so a lot of pasta and sugar but today I can testify by myself that is wrong way.
    You can eat no sugar at all, that's the ideal and natural way, and have a lot of calories from fat and proteins only.
    As I said every body is different as every preference is different. There are men that love a curvy thick over weighted woman while others prefer the thin and like under famine women, as well other like "normal, ones.

If you want to have hips and tighs as a woman it must be some overweight in contrast of the waist needed, so this is very complicated and my finally word is that you do whatever to feel comfortable with yourself, diet, no diet, fat, slim etc, there's beauty on everything just be hapoy...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A lot of truth in your words Vanessa if you are happy and healthy at whatever weight then its all good.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    My mantra here is just to learn your sizing from the places you buy from so it looks as good as possible. Not a size 0 here, but you can find nice stuff that fits you and look as good as you can. I don’t let it stop me
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by myrrhlynn View Post
    hard for me to believe the results i have gotten are based on science fiction.
    other than severely cutting sugar, including fructose, i follow nobody's diet plan, only the times i eat.
    Science, not science fiction. And the science behind weight loss is not science fiction. The idea that someone has a secret diet that works IS fiction.

If you cut sugar from your diet (especially processed sugar, like that in junk foods), you are cutting calories from your intake. If you consume less calories than you burn, you lose weight.

Jason Fung and Robert Lufkin sell nothing but an idea.
    Call I call BS?

Jason Fung has five books he has written or co-authored.

Robert Lustig has three books he has written.

So the idea they are selling nothing but ideas is clearly false.

Plus, their professional reputations are fully invested in promoting their ideas.

Besides, how can both of these be true?

Fung says the problem is a hormonal imbalance, which fasting can cure (neither idea is supported by scientific studies).

Lustig says sugar--mostly refined added sugar (again, not supported by studies) is the evil, the poison.

So if Fung is right, Lustig has to be wrong--and vice versa.

The much easier answer is BOTH are wrong.

If you eat less sugar, you consume less calories, and lose weight. If you periodically fast, you eat less calories, and lose weight.

The simple answer is the correct answer.

follow the age-old diet recipe of "eat less & move more" and you will eventually fail.
    There are some that fail (because they revert to old habits and eat more calories than they burn), but the science remains the same.

Since I retired in 2012, I've lost about 40 pounds. I know the biggest reason. At work, I was often surrounded by food. Endless food days for birthdays and the like. I had no willpower and could graze all day and eat 1,000 to 1,500 calories in junk food. I was also sitting in a car two hours a day, besides 8+ hours at a desk. Now I try not to buy junk food, and I'm a lot more active. But I can be active and overeat and put on weight, and the only time I can truly lose weight is when I make a conscious effort to control what I eat and create a calorie deficit.

I'd been on Keto for 7 years. I have to say that Keto is a life style and the real one is not only what you but now you sleep, the amount of exercise and more things than just calories, fat or protein. It has worked but as a proof that is not simple mathematics since I began on HRT I have to change and adjust my eating habits as well sleep and other things that at the end of the day have a huge influence on your body. Women's body are different than men's body. Age is another factor. Some people without any malfunction in the system don't gain weight easily but others are like captures of fat.
    As you say, there is a lot involved to a regime which includes life style. There is no scientific proof a keto (high fat) regime is better than a high-carb diet. The proof does not exist. It may "work" for you, but there is no scientific proof behind the curtain of the claims.

This blog entry at this website pretty well sums up what I am trying to say. If you are interested, give it a read. Especially look at the second chart. It gives the name of six popular diets, a short-hand description of each diet, followed by "By creating a caloric deficit" in the How it Works column for each diet.

https://www.myoleanfitness.com/cico-...e-based-truth/

CICO is Calories In, Calories Out. It is what matters in weight loss. Everything else is just marketing.

ThehiddenMe,
    I don't know where you want arrive. That you have all the truth and knowledge based on the books you had read is very wrong. As a sample you mention just one of the tendencies of keto. As I said, and repeat it again, keto is more than the carbs or no carbs, fat, kind of fat, proteins amount or kind of, is a life style that include many other elements. I mention some, have you heard a out blue light, insulin, HGH, fat liver, etc? You say that's very simple to eat less calories that you burn. If you do that you start eating muscle tissue because the last of the reserves the body eat when starving is the fat tissue.
    As you see, it's very hard to have the only recipe, because there are recipes as human beings are. It's be really naive to think that my knowledge is good for everybody and the rest is wrong.
    Science about human being and diets is in diapers. Some years ago it was a true fact that eggs were dangerous for cholesterol, today is a proven error. Years ago they showed up with vegetable oil, today is a know carcinogen when used in some ways, just to mention that the called science is just attempts to explain the process called metabolism. Hormones play a huge role in diet as well other elements as potassium, sodium and magnesium just to mention some.

You can keep discussing trying to show other's error or misconceptions but all we are really watering our feet in the ocean of knowledge about health where even Doctors, no Mds, are trying to float without sink....

What works for me probably won't work for you. As you said, for your work environment, you didn't have the power to care about what you eat. That never has been a problem for me so your limited knowledge wasn't applied to me. Today my job is completely different. I'm self employed starting my own business and I have fully control on what I eat. That should give me advantage to control the weight but I have a different element in my body that completely changes my scenario. Now I need some fat to redistribute and specific exercise no to burn but to give shape without produce muse tissue ut jeep the ones I have.

To end this absurd discussion, we can present our ideas, concepts, experiences but no call others wrong because they haven't read the books you have read.
    Last edited by Devi SM; 12-17-2018 at 02:15 AM.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION