Thread: Transition update: three months into HRT

Transition update: three months into HRT

Well, I started HRT just over three months ago. All good so far.

Aside from sore/tender nipples, nothing bad to report.

Good changes:

Bust measurement seems to have increased by 1/2” to 1” from day 1 measured value. The lower value was measuring immediately after removing my bra and forms, so they were a bit squished. The higher value is right after I got up in the morning.

Need to shave torso reduced from daily to every three days.
    Need to shave arms and legs reduced from every 2 to 3 days to every 5 to 7 days.

Shoe size seems to have reduced slightly. Size 11 shoes that fit well before are now a bit loose. Possibly from a reduction in body fat in the feet.

Feels like my cheekbones are getting a bit more body fat, feminizing my face a bit more.

Generally feel very happy and contented. Though I have noted I start crying a bit more easily at emotional moments. Nothing worrisome. I feel very calm and confident out in public.

One of the nurses I saw today said I looked really great, and she could hardly believe I had only been on HRT for three months.

Doctor, who I saw today, agrees all is going well, and he just increased my Estradiol dosage. He also said in my checkup today that next year I’ll get my first mammogram!
    Last edited by Ceera; 11-29-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Ceera,
    Good news. Looks like your body responding very well to E. After a year, I don't see a a lot of fat change when it comes to fat redistribution but I know this is one of the slowest processes typically that last for 2-3 years or longer.
    I was wondering about the mammogram. Is it simply because you are on E or are there any other risk factors? My endo never mentioned about the mammogram.
    Thanks,
    Katya

Katya, I am 61, and between some gynomastica that I already had from age-lowering testosterone levels, and the growth spurred by the Estradiol, I am already bigger than an A cup, approaching a B cup. I think he feels the growth rate and my age merits a cautious approach. Also possibly to get a good look to see how the tissue restructuring is coming along by that point. My genetic risk factors are low. No cancer at all that I know of in my family tree.
    Last edited by Ceera; 11-29-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Ceera,
    Sounds good. I will look more into it. Also, why do you think the E dosage is increased considering the fact that current dosage apparently works well? Again, I only can relate to my endo and his approach each time is to evaluate the progress and justify any further dosage changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Katya@ View Post
    Also, why do you think the E dosage is increased considering the fact that current dosage apparently works well?
    Because it will get results faster :P

Usually for the first few months you are put into a low dosage, to see how your body reacts and to see if youre happy about it. If you are happy and your body reacts ok. If all is good they will bump you up (only if you want to of course) to get faster results.

As Kas said, they often start HRT dosages low, and ramp up to higher dosages as you progress. Switching either direction between T and E is a fundamental shift for your system. A skillful endocrinologist might be able to start you at a higher level and keep the dosage constant. But starting low and ramping up is a more cautious approach, which allows for checking along the way to see how your body is coping with the change. Eventually you aim to reach a level that tricks tge body into thinking it is entering puberty for the desired target gender. But actual puberty is also a gradual ramping up of hormone levels.

My primarily care physician is overseeing my HRT, and he says he has concerns about how the approved t-blocker can, in some individuals, adversely lower blood pressure to dangerous levels, or can mess with electrolite levels. So my doctor wants to check my bloodwork at each stage, before moving my dosages higher. He also favors small steps when increasing the dosages.

Hi Ceera, We are about the same age and my changes are more mental than physical. Sure, I have some breast growth, but no where near a B! My skin has always been remarkable and I don’t really see any difference. I’m looking forward to you updates.

I was about a 40-A bra size prior to HRT. On day one, I measured 40” at the band, 44” at the bust, and my breast tissue behind a non-concave backed set of forms would add about one cup size to the total look. At the 2 month point I measured again, and got 45” at the bust. Today I had been wearing a somewhat stretchy D-cup bra and C-cup Aphrodite forms all day, and that fit well. I popped them off to check, and got 44.5” at the bust.
    Last edited by Ceera; 11-30-2018 at 05:47 AM.

i found chest growth initially but then muscle loss reduced it, making the measures less obvious. what i know, after 15 months of E and 11 months of anti-t, is the the body hair reduces, the boobs grow, fat redistributes but it's slow and often sore! lovely news about your progress.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Update: Results are in on my 3-month checkup bloodwork. Estrogen levels now exceed the normal range for a post-menopause woman, and are approaching levels for a fertile woman. Testosterone is reducing as expected, and now below the normal adult male range. Doctor likes how it is progressing, and will continue to monitor my levels and adjust dosages as needed. So far, so good!

I reduced my T levels a bunch = orchiectomy Just trying to be funny. Glad to hear it's going well Ceera.

Fourth month update. I can now almost properly fill a b-cup bra! Bought a well-structured, not streachy b-cup bra, and all it took to make the cups fit smoothly was inserting a 1/8” thick set of the foam inserts from a padded sports bra!

Nice news Ceera,

You mention nothing about your Tblocker. That reduce in feet size must be the result of the diuretic effect. You lose liquid in the body. In that sense my wrist are thinner, wrist and fingers, I'm in my 8th month. Now I went down one size on rings from 10 to 9.
    The relocation of fat in the body is more visible after one year.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION