Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about going on a GNO

I might be up for Asheville if I can work it into my schedule. Would love to meet everyone!

Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by nikkiwindsor View Post
    I'd so like to go out with gals living within a reasonable drive of Asheville...just have to figure out how to approach the wife about the idea.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Dee...I've heard of Scandals but don't have any idea what it's like. Trying to figure a way to get the ok from the wife to get out as Nikki
    Nikki, I've never been there so all I know is whats on their website.
    CD Life

Love Asheville. I'm in the Sav Ga area but could possibly make it up to Asheville for an evening....

Love to go but that is a 339 mile trip one way. And would have to cross over the Appalations somewhere and with the snow coming, Think I will pass till next summer. Want to go dig gem stones in that area too.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Hell-o Nikki,

About talking to your wife...It starts like this...Ummm? Sweety (ok,use your own nickname) There is something I want/need to do, and I really need you to be OK with it.

I don’t know what you’re thinking now but, how do you think this is gonna work out if you ASK and she says no? You definitely need to let her know how much this means to you. What would her concerns be if you were to go? I can imagine what they are, but she needs to verbalize them to you. Then the rest is up to you. Would calling her occasionally durring the night help calm her nerves (and possibly yours?) I’m sure you’ll have a better idea of what to discuss with her after you’ve gotten some of the GNO planning ironed out.

I’d love to be there with ya. Just tell me when to shift the car into drive! If I’m really trying...I can usually beat my GPS estimated travel time by about 5%, but please allow me enough time for a quick shower & shave before the scheduled meet-up.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 12-12-2018 at 12:15 AM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

sorry for the question but I'm from Germany, what is a GNO??

Someone here to explain that?

Hell-o Doreen,
    GNO, is just another of those fabulous acronyms that EVERYONE is supposed to understand.
    Girls Night Out (I hope? Or boy, am I screwed up!) is what we’re talking about here.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I'm mulling over all the advice (public and private) I've received about asking my wife permission to go out. Eeerrr! Getting up the nerve to broach the subject is making me anxious. I still haven't gotten the nerve to ask her to see pics of me. I really want to get out of the house...if feel like I'm in prison.

Thanks to everyone who'd like to go out - so sweet!... I will get back in touch when i sort myself out. I need a lot of sorting out in my mind. Not fully expressing myself and sharing time with forum girlfriends is really driving me crazy.

To be with gals in person and hear their stories and experiences would be so awesome! We are all so unique and I'd just love to connect with everyone sharing a kindred feminine spirit.
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 12-13-2018 at 07:40 PM.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I live relatively close to Asheville and would love to join in for a GNO. I just passed through there tonight and spent a couple of hours at Torrid. They helped me put together a super cute outfit. I loved it so much I had to wear it out of the store.

Banned Read only
    Nikki,
    To take up Kellly's point differenciating between a GNO and a social group isn't the problem , if a social group is easier then do it and don't hold back looking for a GNO . Your wife maybe happier when you finally broach the subject of hearing you prefer the safer choice of a social group . You may find it a better and easier situation to handle . We are looking to develop GNOs from our social group , they possibly need more confidence because you are more likely to be in the full view of the public whereas social groups often meet in private venues . Two of my groups meet in hotels and the third in a private meeting hall . I still prefer the interaction in hotels , to me meeting and mixing with the public is something I need to do and love doing it .

One other point about social groups is wives/partners often attend , you never know your wife might even join you to chat to other GGs , it does help them as well . Without social groups perhaps more TGs would be in therapy , while not being help groups they do serve a useful purpose .
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-02-2019 at 06:31 AM.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I don't know the area but it seems like you got all the specific local decals already. The best part is seeing how everyone is and looks and carries them self and how you all fit in. Not only will you make a lot of great friends you will learn things that will improve your looks beyond anything you can learn online. I was afraid before going to my first convention if you will. That fear went away in the first hour I got there. That's a whole weekend different than just a night out but it's all the same hope you have a great time no reason you shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Nikki,
    To take up Kellly's point differenciating between a GNO and a social group isn't the problem
    To be clear, I differentiate between a GNO and a support group.
    The former is a social function; just a group of friends getting together to enjoy dinner and conversation. Of course, such events often serve as a safe place for our TG friends who are perhaps just finding their way in public, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't think that was important, but that is not the group's primary reason to exist. Last night's GNO is a prime example. Everyone who attended has been going out in girl mode for years.
    A transgender support group, on the other hand, has as it's primary role, helping it's participants deal with the issues that all of us are familiar with in this largely still-binary world.

Yes, we may be splitting semantic hairs here, but there has been some contention about the differences before, and I thought it best to make things clear.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Banned Read only
    Kelly ,
    In that case as Nikki hasn't ventured out before so she maybe safer or happier joing a social group first , I did make the point that none of my social groups are help or support groups , if they provide that for some people that's a bonus .

Nikki

It's too bad that you don't have a "business trip" scheduled to DC.

Our next GNO is scheduled for 2/16. We usually have some girls coming from Richmond or Virginia Beach.

We're also kind of a social group, because you can arrange for one of us to meet you in the parking lot, walk in with you and introduce you to the other girls. Additional hand holding can be provided also.

BTW, we meet in public, but in a trans-friendly hotel.

Steffi
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Nikki....i'm definitely going to say that its time for a GNO! I just went on my first after all of these years, and I had a wonderful time. I went after discussing this with my wife, and also since it was not "near home" I was actually more comfortable about going and I told her so. With much anxiety, I did it and had a wonderful weekend, made two new friends, and actually am going on another GNO on Thursday, closer to home, but with one of my new friends, Ingrid. I am looking forward to Thursday and now I have the "bug"!