Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forms and pads cross the line...

Forms and pads cross the line...

Ok so I know many ladies on here like to wear breast forms or even hip pads while dressing up, but is wearing things like this more than just CDing? In my view, this also infers that you are gender disphoric to a certain extent due to the fact that it is a body enhancement and not simply clothing.

I understand that your clothing may require it because of a large “boob section”, but why not just choose clothes that don’t? (smallest cup size for example)

So, if you’re a wearer of pads and/or forms, do you consider yourself to be gender disphoric? If not, what is your explanation for wanting to wear these things when they’re not actually necessary to crossdress?

Edit: Gender disphoria might not be the right term, maybe body disphoria? Anyway, you get my point...
    Last edited by Kas; 11-30-2018 at 02:09 AM.

I don't think so.

In my view pads and forms are 100% essential when crossdressing. When I dress I want to transform myself to be as close to a genuine looking woman as I can. This is especially important if I venture out as I don't want to be clocked. I want to look feminine and hips and boobs are an essential part of this. In any event, women's clothes fit better if they're filled out in the right places.

But I don't consider myself to be gender or body disphoric. I'm comfortable in my own skin. I just love dressing up and transforming myself.

I agree with Sarah... I don't think so.

All girls like to look their best and for some of us that means shape wear including padded panties, corsets, etc. and yes even breast forms.
    I come in colors ev'rywhere; I comb my hair; I.m like a rainbow; Coming, colors in the air; Oh, everywhere; I come in colors!

My work mate has gender dysphoria, she's on hormones and planning to have her block and tackle removed.
    She has changed her name and gender on all her legal documents.
    Another friend has dysphoria and dreams of the day she can have her male bits removed.

Crossdressing is more along the lines of "female impersonator", since females have lovely curves, we want them also.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I always wore/wear breast forms and hip/butt padding. I did not do it because I was anything dysphoric. I did it because my aim was to dress and look like a woman, for my personal fun and to share with others when out and about. So, in a more general answer to your question, you do not have to be dysphoric to wear body enhancing undergarments and outer garments. You sound like some rugby players I met who criticize the need for protective padding, and helmets and other safety gear for American football. "I never needed it, why do you? Some sort of sissy or something?". That does not fly in my book. Everyone dresses for their own personal reasons and shoot for whatever target they have set for themselves, and nobody should questions their reasons for that or be coerced to give their justifications to a third party. It would be like me asking you why the hell you didn't use any padding and stuff like that. Hell, if you don't wear any padding why use makeup. Hell, if you don't use makeup either what are you doing dressing in women's clothes? I hope you get what I am trying to explain. I am happy you do you and have no questions nor criticisms, and I just like doing me. Oh, by the way, I now have body dysphoria and want and need the padding and am planning on some of that being made a permanent part of me in the future. So, in summary, you do not have to get it, just please accept it as it is.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Oh I see this thread going down the tubes quickly.
    Why do some obsess about and analyze what others do?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-30-2018 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Why do some obsess about and analyze what others do?
    I’m sorry, Tracii.

To be honest, I’m just sick of all the “What is your favourite floral pattern?” “I got caught by my neighbours cat! What should I do???” type threads. Also, maybe new members or visitors are wondering the same thing.

I just love how so many here absolutely refuse to be referred to as transgender/transsexual/disphoric, but will happily admit they want to be like a woman in every possible way.

Meh. Whatever floats your boat I guess.
    Last edited by Kas; 11-30-2018 at 03:44 AM.

Interesting topic. Naturally, I don't think there would be a universal answer for all as I suspect the answers would be as varied as the individuals. I think out of, say, 10 people answering, you're likely to get 12 or 15 different responses.

For me, I wouldn't say 'dysphoric' in the sense of transition, as I have no desire to transition, but perhaps a temporary mild sort of dysphoria in the sense of 'what aspect of myself am I trying to project or enhance at any given moment', though it isn't a deep and conscious thought on that level at any given time.

So much of this plays to the notion of self identity. When I was a working musician, I sought to cultivate stage presence, and found that it works best NOT when trying to be a 'different' person, but by being a more enhanced version of myself. A more 'intense' version of myself, and that's something that is usually easy to accomplish, but still takes effort on days when you have to put on an entertaining show, but are just too damn tired or whatever. So wearing certain clothes, or certain shoes might enhance that. How you construct a set list, the songs you choose and where are part of taking the journey and taking the audience on that journey. You have to be sincere.

As a man, what 'enhances' a person's 'maleness'? Also individual, of course, but what makes a person feel more 'manly'? Is it a suit? Is it camouflage? Is it boots and jeans? Is it wearing a beard? Etc. All of us seek to 'enhance' our appearance in one way or another and for many, many different reasons.

I am of the belief that all of us have masculinity and femininity within us … and those are shaped from within and also from without. Most people do not live in isolation so the social mores of what it means to be 'masculine' of 'feminine' filter through in one way or another whether we choose to admit that or not.

So, this crossdressing thing, for me, is part of that journey of understanding my 'feminine' side as much as I do my 'masculine' side. An aspect of myself. A focused version of myself. The 'real' self, but no more and no less than any other focused version of myself.

I find that sometimes I am delighted with my 'maleness' (but oh so well practiced at it, of course), and sometimes delighted with my 'femaleness' (which needs much more practice at expressing), and very well satisfied at my various stages in between. Sometimes I wear forms and padding. Because I want to. Sometimes I don't, because I don't want to.

That's probably as detailed as I can manage at 4:00am in a limited web forum response.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    In only wear hip pads when out so I look my best and wear bum pads usually with trousers to give me a shapely butt,other times I dont bother it's simple as that.Would think why we wear breast forms would be self explanatory.

I would describe myself as Transgender but others would say i wasn't,but to paraphrase Grayson Perry I don't have any doubts about my gender I just love my femme side so much

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

It's not a question of "liking" to wear forms. Women's clothes fit their bodies a certain way, and unless one is into being a MIAD (perfectly valid, btw), it's nearly impossible to properly impersonate a female without taking some steps to somewhat replicate the feminine physique.

And while it may be a good idea to conduct a search to make sure the subject one wants to discuss hasn't been covered before, I think folks with questions shouldn't be inhibited from asking. Most older threads are locked anyway, so they couldn't be brought back if we wanted.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

As is so often the case, the answer is, it depends. Some crossdressers are content to wear a single item of women's clothing. Some just to underdress. Others want to appear as feminine as possible. I do not believe that any of these cases is necessarily driven by gender dysphoria, but certainly is in some.
    Thank you for the provocative question.
    Last edited by Aunt Kelly; 12-02-2018 at 01:38 AM.

Platinum Member
    Certainly a far more interesting discussion than some. Some people are seeking to understand their motivation, some seek ways to rationalize their interest in femininity. And some just don’t care or need any explanation.

For my part, is see any desire to wear a garment ‘because it is associated with women’ as qualifications for membership in the transgender community. Whether once accepts that membership or not is up to them. Kinda like being 50 and eligible to join AARP.

Dysphoria is a separate matter. A TG may or may not feel distressed about gender identity or body image.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    "......clothing may require it..........." .
    Exactly!
    For some it's about the look. We want to look a certain way. We want to mimic something that appeals to us. The item of clothing appeals to us because of how it looks with a certain shape. If we don't mimic that shape then the that item of clothing doesn't look like we remember it or want it to.

Kas, I wear the pads and form to fill out the clothes. Simply stated I am not dysphoric, I just like the look.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    Ok so I know many ladies on here like to wear breast forms or even hip pads while dressing up, but is wearing things like this more than just CDing? In my view, this also infers that you are gender disphoric to a certain extent due to the fact that it is a body enhancement and not simply clothing.
    I do feel have some dysphoria. Just look at my signature - it sums things up pretty well.
    Last edited by Elizabeth G; 11-30-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Here's one then, the only item of clothing specifically designed for women is the bra, (skirts, high heels, wigs, make-up etc all being worn by men in the past). Are you, therefore, only 'crossdressing' when and if you wear a bra? and if you do then why would you not want to fill it as it is meant to be worn??

I'll get my hat and coat..................................
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Good question Kas. To me, crossdressing is (basically) wearing women's clothes. When I first joined here 10 years ago I noticed that most of those posting added forms, padding, makeup, wigs, jewelry, - whatever it takes to emulate a woman. Then there's also the need to shave off any or all of that man hair!

This is because most of those that post are into passing in public as a woman. So Kas, do you wear makeup and jewelry? Do you keep your face shaved so you'll look more fem? Do you ever dress in public and if you do, do you strive to pass as a woman or just look like a guy wearing girl's clothing?

To me, there's crossdressing and there's female emulation. It's more fun for me to do my best to look like a chick, although I haven't gotten into hip padding. It seems to be too hard to pull off in my view.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I think I am getting dysphoria trying to fathom this out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    It seems a lot of diseases or conditions have been "discovered" (invented) since I was young. "Gender dysphoria" is one of those conditions. I have no confusion about what gender I am because I have to tuck away the identifier when I dress as a woman. I wear breast forms and hip padding (and a wig) when I dress as a woman because without them, I would be simply a man who got confused and put on his wife's dress this morning.

The term "crossdresser" describes a lot of different people doing a lot of different things. A man wearing women's panties is a "crossdresser". A man fully dolled up with a wig, boobs, hip padding, makeup, jewelry, etc. is also a crossdresser. There is no right or wrong way to do this as long as you're not hurting anyone.
    Krisi

As Carole stated only a bra is uniquely feminine. Men wore heels and wigs first, Scots wear kilts which are similar to skirts. Perhaps the fabrics divide us the most.

As for Dysphoria, well I don't know if that would be correct, but I can say that it is most certainly more than just clothes for me. It's emotional in many ways.
    When I dress (which is much of the time) it's not because I want to wear feminine clothes, it's because I want to wear MY clothes. I wear forms and padding to give me a figure that not only fills out my clothing properly, but also gives me the shape I wish I had.
    Yes, I think I am more than just an average crossdresser. When I go out I never want to be seen as a CD. It is emotionally unsettling to me that someone would view me as anything other than just another woman. I dress to blend in. I don't delude myself that I PASS, but I simply wish to be accepted as a woman.

I think that answers your question in my case. Perhaps it's too much information, but then again I just felt I needed to say it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Because some clothes just require it. Tops don’t come in bust sizes. Dresses and skirts aren’t made for narrow hips. Some garments simply require body modification to fit properly.

What line? I like the feminine line, a nice curvy one! With out forms and hips I would b a straight line
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Your tread here is a personal choice!

I know as I wear ballet flats!

What is your choice Kas? I'm a ballet flats and no pads!
    Stacy?
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I don't want to look like Twiggy I want to look like Sophia Loren. And I don't have gender identity issues.

As others here have already stated, I want to appear to be female. Without forms and hip padding I would only be an old man in fem clothes. Not nearly what I am after. Lets not forget about the statement that says "if it feels good then do it". thats just me.