Thread: Hrt 1 year and 8 months

Hrt 1 year and 8 months

Most of you don’t know me but I have been here for years lurking in the shadows of all the great ladies that have came before us. I am not sure when this forum started but I have been in and out of here since the infancy. I have been on a low dose of t blocker and estrogen for 20 months now and I could not be more at peace in my life right now! While my job and family do not permit total transition at this time I am fully committed to doing so at my pace. I just want to reassure anyone considering hrt that it will most likely bring a sense of calm and peace within your mind, body and life that you will have to continue the path forward. While the breast growth pain is substantial and consistent in my case, that is the only discomfort I have in my life. It has been so wonderful to have such a great family of ladies with the same struggles throughout the years. Thank you to this forum! Hugs, Tonya!

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Tonya.

You are right that HRT can bring a sense of peace for those people who are experiencing Gender Dysphoria

On occasion some therapists and/or doctors may used HRT as a diagnostic tool - if the patient reacts badly to the HRT they see that as indicating that it was probably not Gender Dysphoria.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Hi Tonya. This is exactly how I feel. Thanks for expressing it so succinctly! I'm looking for ward to more updates.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Tonya, thanks for your note. I'm just over a year behind you and I'm glad to read of your experience. At my age, I may never fully transition but finding peace of mind has been my goal anyway. Best wishes to you in the future and don't be a stranger here, your experiences are valuable and many of us discover we learn so much from those who are ahead of us on this path.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.