Thread: Wise words from the wife

Aspiring Member

Wise words from the wife

Having recently broken down the door and emerged into the world happy to be out and proud I was musing on 'the wasted 30 years'. But then the wife said just the right thing "It wasn't wasted years, you were just waiting for society to catch up." And, you know what I think she's right in that. It's not me that's changed, society has changed and that's why I'm now happy to be out and about.

Oh, she's a keeper for sure

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Wise words indeed,thankfully were living in a more enlightened era

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Banned Read only
    Charlotte,
    That is lovely support from your wife , she has obvioulsy kept up with the social cahnges , I believe my wife is still a cave dweller , it is never going to register with her . I can't help feeling she is going to get a rude awakening on her own doorstep and possibly not from me , she can't ignore these changes forever .

Charlotte, she is a keeper for sure. I suggest you "keep er." There aren't a lot of women out there that will make such a fantastically supportive statement as your wife did. Fabulous.

Charlotte, that's a great insight by your wife.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Charlotte7
    Change is a difficult thing to accept for many people, whether it be CD'ing, or prejudice. Yet, change is continually happening around us. It takes someone who is wise to see change and accept it before it swamps them and bites them on the a$$. I'm happy that your wife is moving along with the changes.

Teresa
    Some people never wake up to change. They blissfully live in denial and live cold bitter lives.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Those are very wise words from your wife. As my grandmother use to say, "She's a Keeper."

Platinum Member
    Those are profound words coming from your wife. Of course, she is a "keeper." I would also say for her to express those thoughts to a husband also means "you are a keeper" too. That suggests to me during those thirty years you treated her with respect and consideration.

I like your idea Charlotte, has society caught up yet? :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am crying over this! I too feel like I wasted so much time not accepting this part of me. I love her positive spin on this, because society is way more accepting now than when I first started dressing followed by trying to ignore that side of me.

Don't cry, Asew! You're here now! Enjoy every minute

Charlotte, don't feel lime you've wasted a second, we've all been living our lives full of its ups, downs, and mysteries. Forward is but the continuing adventure

Never thought of it that way and so true.