Thread: A legal laugh !!

Banned Read only

A legal laugh !!

It may not be a pleasant subject having to see solicitors about separation/divorce but I did have an amusing few minutes at my last consulation .

My first went well , the guy I saw was on the ball , he had dealt with cases before where TG issues were involved , he advised me of the possible best route .
    Yesterday I saw a petit young lady , she took brief notes but appeared to be stuck on asking all the right questions with a TG client , eventually she started taking notes . She started with my personal details , obviously the discussion of names and gender came up again, ( I'm so glad I stuck to using the femme version of my male name , it is going to simplify things in the future .) then she said can I ask your age , I smiled and said NO ! she knew I was pulling her leg, so she continued, " let me work it out from your date of birth ", so I gave her it . I must admit sitting opposite her even dolled up I felt like a museum piece !

She then proceeded with finances and debts , I told her there were none and we had split 50-50. So she continued by asking if my wife had any claims to anything , I replied , "no none of the dresses will be going back they're all mine now ! " she burst out laughing at that reply and blushed slightly , obvioulsy not the answer she expected !

I have to admit the thought of all this is hitting home , I had several jobs to do around the town but just couldn't concentrate , all I did was buy a birthday card for my grandson and headed home .

Funny stuff. Keep them guessing and be brutally honest. The reactions can be priceless .

"no none of the dresses will be going back they're all mine now ! "

That is so funny

Lisa
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

Platinum Member
    I’ve been divorced twice, but never been the plaintiff. So, I don’t have that experience...but having read and signed two dissolution documents, I know that the finality suddenly gets very real. A moment of humor soon is lost in that reality.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Kim,
    I do joke with people that I would walk with a slant on my left side with all the medals I could wear after 44 years , it shouldn't be happening but I have to accept the inevitable . I hope the humour of the moment doesn't cloud the good times , the shame is I couldn't change and neither could my wife .

Humour is a true gift that only humans have , it's a great restorer , I hope I never lose my sense of it !

Joking aside Teresa, I hope that the divorce proceedings do not turn acrimonious.
    If your sense of humour keeps your head and your morale high then keep using it to the maximum.

Great Story ! Thanks for sharing !

Did you really keep some of your wifes dresses ? And does she want them back ?

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    Joking aside Teresa, I hope that the divorce proceedings do not turn acrimonious.
    I know Teresa's wife is bitter and will probably cause future issues. However, when it comes to the final legal split there is nothing she can really do. The assets are split. It seems the financial separation is over. Any issue of interacting as Teresa with grandkids is not the court's concern.

Banned Read only
    Robbie,
    I found she had dumped some items in the bottom of the packing boxes when I moved out , no she doesn't want them back . Interesting point though my daughter has told me on more than one occasion that she thinks my wife could be jealous of me and my figure . I told her not to be so silly but when I pressed her she dod admit my wife how quizzed her what I look like , I feel that was very unfair to put her in that situation , how could she honestly answer it ? Also in an Email from my wife accused me of taking away any pleasure in her wearing nice dresses , well you could say I'm doing her a favour by taking that problem away from her , the question is who is she going to get dressed up for ? You could say she has shot herself in the foot , the fact is I don't want to know any of this anymore .

Stephanie,
    That is correct , any action concerning family members would come under separate legal rulings .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-01-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Teresa, if u promise not to show this to my ex, here's some of the dresses she left when she moved out!

Altho I'm about 6" taller than her, I can get these on. She will never fit in them again.
    These terrible pix r over 10 years old. When I still dressed privately in a complete vacuum.

Grabbed Frame 49-1.JPG

Grabbed Frame 143.JPG

Grabbed Frame 49-1.JPG
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I remember went I went through a divorce with wife #1 and having to tell my lawyer about my dressing habits.
    I figured if she brought it up in court I didn't want him to be surprised. He told me that should not be an issue since I don't parade myself in front of the kids. Turned out she didn't even come to court and nothing was ever said in the court room. Since I had custody of our kids, I got to keep custody of them.
    But again my divorce was just over 20 years ago.

Banned Read only
    Happily....,
    No problem there as my TG issues are the mostly the reason for our separation so I've attended both consulations as Teresa .

Sherry ,
    Don'y worry your secret is safe with me ...... and several thousand others !!

I can't say too much but some pictures from my past aren't fit for public exhibition , I trust my secret is safe with you ..and ....!
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-01-2018 at 04:33 PM.

laughter is the best medicine and will go a long way with divorce proceedings. If you can laugh now and keep laughing you will have won half of the battle. One thing for sure sressing and ones degree of dressing cannot be nitpicked over in a divorce nor can citing a person as a dress be a reason for divorce, to my knowledge there is no clause which says "Reason for divorce? cross dressing!" not possible .
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

It is always good to look on the bright side when having such interrogation. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Good to know you can have a sense of humor Teresa, I’m really not sure about how your relationship was over the years with your spouse but I’m sure like me at some point it may hit you with a different kind of emotions.

Blessings Teresa

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    T, I didn't realise you weren't divorced. I hope it goes smoothly.

Very interesting, and sad, to read that your wife is still blaming you for her own problems.

Very best wishes, Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

Loved the Humor.
    When I divorced my second wife, I didn't have any dresses in the house. My ex never knew that I was a CDer. As for her cloths, most of what she had I didn't want. She had a totally different style sences. How some of her necklaces I would have been happy to take and wear but the realest drab me knew not to even try because that would be opening a door for law suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Robbie,
    I found she had dumped some items in the bottom of the packing boxes when I moved out , no she doesn't want them back . Interesting point though my daughter has told me on more than one occasion that she thinks my wife could be jealous of me and my figure . I told her not to be so silly but when I pressed her she dod admit my wife how quizzed her what I look like , I feel that was very unfair to put her in that situation , how could she honestly answer it ? Also in an Email from my wife accused me of taking away any pleasure in her wearing nice dresses , well you could say I'm doing her a favour by taking that problem away from her , the question is who is she going to get dressed up for ? You could say she has shot herself in the foot , the fact is I don't want to know any of this anymore .

Stephanie,
    That is correct , any action concerning family members would come under separate legal rulings .
    Really " Taking away any pleasure in wearing nice dresses" Thats an interesting one ? Please remind me again if she ever saw you in one of her dresses and also what dress size you are ? Thanks, love your contributions to this forum

Teresa, very cute story.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Teresa,

"Also in an Email from my wife accused me of taking away any pleasure in her wearing nice dresses"

I noticed this statement from your recent post. Now, Where have I heard that one before? It made no sense to me at all. Another variant is that finding out that your spouse is a cross dresser somehow diminishes feelings about yourself as a woman.

So enjoying one's femininity and dressing up is somehow dependent on one's spouse being totally masculine. Perhaps someone else here can help me understand this.

Banned Read only
    Robbie,
    The only evidence she has seen is my old avatar picture taken in my forties . We are both UK size 12 but I'm 6" taller at 5' 7" .

Consuelo,
    She also accused me of taking over her role on Xmas day ! I know she is grasping at straws , I told her in a reply that my CDing had nothing to do with competing with her as a woman , that's not what it's about . I'm not sure what has been said between her and my daughter but my daughter has said on more than one occasion she could be jealous of me , I just waved that aside as rubbish my daughter then admitted being asked what I look like , that was so unfair to put my daughter in that situation how could she honestly answer it .

No I can't answer it either this is why I need to put a stop to all this , my wife insisted she hasn't involved the children well her Emails tell my otherwise .