Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think most guys growing up got curious and tried on Girls/women's Clothes ?

Do you think most guys growing up got curious and tried on Girls/women's Clothes ?

I know of lots of guys who ended up in Girls clothes and I often wonder how it affected them ? Did they just get a good laugh or like many of us did they get hooked ? Of course I don't know how many tried things on on their own ?

At around 9 a friend of mine and I dared each other to put on my sisters ballet tutu and slippers. We were dancing around in them till we were caught by our laughing baby sitter ! Did my friend ever wear girls things again for fun ?

For losing at the card game pig in Junior high, 2 of the boys in my neighborhood had to run around the block in my sisters cute tennis dresses with ruffle butt panties on over there briefs. Did wearing the cute outfits and embarrassment have any long term affect ?

At my all boys boarding school boys had to play the girls parts and ended up dressed by our male teachers wifes in full ladies gear ! Panty girdles, bras, slips, stocking, LOL the works. They became very good at walking in heels ! This had to have some affect on them don't you think ?

Your thoughts and stories, please
    Last edited by Robbiegirl; 12-01-2018 at 11:34 AM.

I'd say it's a certainty, even though most won’t admit it.

For the ones to whom the experience didn’t mean anything, life went on.

For the others, well, here we are.
    Last edited by Patience; 12-01-2018 at 11:27 AM. Reason: When the pie was opened, the birds began to sing. Oh, wasn't that a dainty dish to put before the king.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Robbie,
    Something drove me inside which I didn't understand at the age of 8-9 years . It wasn't out of curiosity or for a laugh , no one else was present or had any influence . Looking back I realise now how powerful that force was , that underlying female trait finally took control . I fought that gut feeling for most of my life from that age, it lead me a rollercoaster ride and I've battled with labels both in my own mind and here on the forum , now I'm at peace with it .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-01-2018 at 11:33 AM.

I agree that many men may have experimented in dressing but in the past dressing was often used as a joke on TV and in the movies. Therefore, no one would ever tell anyone. I received such as rush from wearing feminine clothes that I overlooked and looked past the jokes. It was always and still is more important for me to feel good about me.

Platinum Member
    I really do not buy into the premise that wearing girls' clothing under your brief list has anything to do with a boy's future cross dressing. Doing something on a dare, losing a bet or presenting as a girl in a play is just a singular act. What about the guy who struts down the street in heels on the fund raising "Walk in Her Shoes" day? All I can envision is the male is secure in his sexuality as a male and is just having fun. Why I say that is back in my youth for a man to wear women's clothing was to label him as a homosexual. I'm sure there were many many young boys who just would not "do it" for fear of being labeled. Others, "what the heck. That sound like fun." I sure that is what goes through the skulls of boys where there still are dress up as a girl day.

My first foray as a little kid was to try on my mother's slip which she always hanged on a clothesline in our apartment. I loved the feel of the nylon. In the 1950's sex as we know it in the media now did not exist then. I was never dressed as a girl. I had no sisters then. Or female cousins. It was a plain asexual lure of the fabric. I did take a slip off the clothesline, as well as a nylon nightgown, and try it on for the feel. I had no thoughts of being a girl. It wasn't until puberty and the rise of hormones that my interests in women's clothing expanded. Why I decided to try on her bra and panty with the slip and pull on a girdle and stockings I have no idea. I suspect I was programmed in my dna to explore this side of me. The trouble with being a cross dressing young boy back in the 1960's was to be branded a homosexual which at that time was not a good thing. A very confusing time.

I did break away from donning my mother's clothing. Was it because my physical size made it impossible to squeeze into her clothes? I don't know. I do know there were many years when I had zero thoughts of wearing women's clothing. Those were periods of time when male dna would have been rising to meet societal expectations. I would love to see the results of a study of men whose cross dressing urges were interrupted by certain events.

Lots of children explore playing “dress up” before they understand the gender implications of clothing. I wouldn’t put that in the “crossdressing” category. No, I do not think that “most” guys have experimented wearing women’s clothing. No not all men are secretly crossdressers.

I also wonder about boys who were used as Dress dummies by their mothers who were often sewing dresses for their girl cousins.

Dresses are one thing but do you think any boy can come back from being put into silky girls panties, especially ones with ruffles on the butt ? I mean its so different from rough boy underwear that it has to leave a lasting memory ?

“Back” from what?

Whatever it is, I think it really comes down to the individual and the unique things that might be happening in that person's life. I'm not sure that question can be answered one way or another.

And your question is getting very specific. Might you at one point have worn said garment?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    If you want to quantify "most" as more than 50%, then no, I don't believe most guys have worn some kind of female clothing/make-up/shoes/whatever when they were young.

And for those that did, many probably didn't do it out of genuine curiosity or "allure," but instead just to goof around, or on a dare, or lost a bet, etc.

Of those who were physically capable of getting sexually aroused at the time, and did, I'd say the greater likelihood that they may have gone down the CD'ing road. Though still not all of *those*.

But I believe even many of those who did tinker around with dressing in female stuff when they were young (for whatever reason), they have not done so into adulthood. It was a short-lived thing, maybe once or twice.

Or, if more, then it likely turned out to be a temporary phase. I mean, typical kids enjoy doing certain things for a while, and/or had various interests... But how much of that actually continues on throughout the years & decades? For example, I used to ride my bike a lot when I was young -- but I stopped doing it around a certain age. However, I used to be friends with a kid who eventually got into more "extreme" biking as he got older, well after I had stopped. A few years ago I stumble upon him on Facebook... Lo & behold, he still does mountain biking, and actually works as a designer/engineer of mountain bikes. As for me? I haven't hopped on a bicycle in a very loooong time. And I'd bet the same holds true for many I grew up with.

Get what I'm saying? We grow out of a *lot* of things as we age & experience more of the world. It's only a select few that continue down that road, going deeper & deeper into whatever rabbit hole it may be.

That's also one of the reasons why I'm not so gung-ho about teaching our youth (particularly prepubescent ones) about transgenderism, and especially steering/grooming them towards that if they talk about and/or show some interest in things of opposite-sex nature. For those who truly *are* TS, that works fine. But for the others who *aren't*? You're playing with fire, IMO. Let kids just be kids, already... Please don't rob them of that.

The only boys I ever saw wearing girls clothes besides me were in a womanless pageant we had in high school every year. Some comical, some more serious. The best I ever saw was a kid whose mom took us to school some mornings. The morning of the pageant he was STUNNING. His mom had done his own long hair and makeup and he wore his sister's clothes. Unbelievable. I didn't see him after high school for 30 years. Although you can never be sure (see the boy/girl sticky), he showed no sign of having once made a fabulous looking girl.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Wink This is a common, but ridiculous CD/T fantasy----

#1: Trying on clothes doesn't turn u gay or trans.

#2: Men don't think about wearing women's things. Just getting women out of them!

I didn't start dressing until age 50. I had no gender issues growing up. With girl friends and a wife I had plenty of chances to try on their things. But, it NEVER OCCURRED TO ME to do that!

My ex and I switched roles for a big Halloween party in my early 40's. It made such an impression on me I forgot about that nite until I had been dressing for 10 years! Some 15+ years afterwards!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I wonder if most would admit it even if they did. Before I was molested and became a crossdresser (this was before school age) I did try my mom and dad's shoes on and shuffled around the room a bit. And I put my sister's clothes on in an effort to get mom to pay more attention to me when she was getting my sister all prettied up to go to school when I was 4 (it always seemed like mom took a long time to get my sister's hair done just right. I realize now that it probably wasn't that long, but maybe it was the fact that when she was doing it, she would just tell me to go away, as if I were just a pest or something). Then of course while walking to school, sis walked besides my mom and I walked a couple of steps behind, so that probably added to my desire to dress up like my sister and go to school, too. Mom only walked me to school the year I was in kindergarten; after that, I was expected to go with my sister, who also made me walk behind her and her friends because she didn't want to be associated with me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    Not a sexual thing when I started I was very young, It was in my brain. I wanted to be a girl and dreamed of being a girl. I looked forward to the Sears And JCP catalogs at 3-4 years old first went to bras, panties, hose, then little girls cloths. Did that for all my youth and young adult life. First pair of panties worn was 5-6 years of age, when my neighbor playmate and I switched underwear and panties in her bedroom. Then changed back when we heard some noise her mom was making in the other room. Purchased my first bra, foam forms, shaper from Sears catalog while in College which you had to pickup in person at the store. Proportions to that purchase my cloths was second hand cloths. That was about 58 years ago.

I would bet the majority of boys did try on some article of women's clothing when growing up, or even after they got older but most will never admit to it.

But those that try on women's clothing there is a small percentage (crossdressers) that continue doing the rest of their lives.

I remember as a kid probably around 5 or 6 looking at the Christmas catalogs at my grandparent's house before school, and if no one was around I would turn to the lingerie section out of curiosity.

I wanted to have feminine breasts from an early age, and I wanted to breast feed. I often wore my mums' bras with clumsy padding, and applied her makeup.

I once seduced a friend to indulge me. I applied bright red lipsitck, and asked him to kiss me and suck my nipples. I coated my nipples in ice cream and he sucked me hard for a few minutes. I was in heaven!

I have never lost the desire to breast feed and to lactate. I'm using mechanical means now, I think a new lover would be too demanding.

No offense Valerie, but that’s pushing my boundaries of TMI.

That's my story, I told it as it is.

So I guess part of my question was did you ever do any dare type stuff with one of your buddies and do you wonder if they got hooked like you did ?

I think it would have started some latent thoughts among the boys probably ten percent would have got interested that way.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I also attended an all-boys school where we had to play female parts in plays. It was in one of these that I first wore a bra. But that was not what made me interested in crossdressing.
    A few years later a friend of mine (big fella!) was the manager of a group of cheerleaders and one evening several of us tried on the uniforms.
    Many years later I was teaching at a co-educational high school and several members of the first rugby team tried on the girls' uniforms, including underwear. Both the boys and the girls thought it hilarious!

So, to answer the question: I do think that more males have tried on female clothing than will be prepared to admit it. And no, I don't think that these experiences are necessarily the ones that lead to a proclivity to crossdress.

I tried on my mothers and sisters panties when I was a young teenager and I found it terribly exciting. Of course, I did what you would expect and it felt so good that I did it again and again. Eventually, I figured that if panties were exciting, maybe trying a bra would be exciting too. Well, it was and eventually so was the rest of women’s wear.

Well for me this is true, that damn pantyhose.

I was always curious all the snaps, hooks, adjustable straps, the hug, the hold, the feel, the look yea women’s clothes....I’m still hooked.

I’m pretty sure I’m a minority, I’m sure there are plenty of young men/boys who have tried things on but never committed/perused it.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by GaleWarning View Post
    I also attended an all-boys school where we had to play female parts in plays. It was in one of these that I first wore a bra. But that was not what made me interested in crossdressing.
    A few years later a friend of mine (big fella!) was the manager of a group of cheerleaders and one evening several of us tried on the uniforms.
    Many years later I was teaching at a co-educational high school and several members of the first rugby team tried on the girls' uniforms, including underwear. Both the boys and the girls thought it hilarious!

So, to answer the question: I do think that more males have tried on female clothing than will be prepared to admit it. And no, I don't think that these experiences are necessarily the ones that lead to a proclivity to crossdress.
    GaleWarning, just to be clear on your story, the first time "several of you tried on their Cheer leading uniforms " Did you also show the girls or just dance around in them ? Also those uniforms much have more stretch than I thought, about what year was that
    And the second time when you say even the underwear was worn do you mean the "show Panties " that came with the skirts ? LOL Curious ?

1. In a university residence, no females around. Four of us tried on the uniforms. We had been drinking.
    2. High school end of year party. 1st fifteen jocks decided to don bras etc. There female peers enjoyed the spectacle. Teachers were amused. I ,of course, had a different take on it, which I kept to myself.

I imagine a lot of guys try it for a laugh, but i dont think that would lead to crossdressing, i think its part of us from the beginning.
    Dna, genes, something like that.