Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think most guys growing up got curious and tried on Girls/women's Clothes ?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by valerie anne View Post
    That's my story, I told it as it is.
    Valerie, u have a fetish related to your dressing. And, if you'll notice the number of threads about bras and panties here?
    You'll discover most T's here have one or more fetishes, too!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Never gave it much thought when I was growing up, but then I slowly started to think about it. It began with female video game characters (I've always thought how great it'd be to actually be a girl who could fight and kick butt) such as Chun-Li from Street Fighter, Seung Mina from Soul Edge, and then my favorite, Princess Peach from Super Mario Brothers. I thought to myself, what would it be like to dress up and wear all those beautiful clothes and beat up bad guys? I imagined myself wearing what they wore, and just thinking about it made me feel pretty good. For the record, I chose mostly female fighters and warriors in video games.
    This thought was only a thought, until I had a dream that I was Princess Peach in the Super Smash Brothers video game. After that, I began to wonder what it was like to be a princess and wear beautiful gowns and stuff. So I ordered a Princess Peach custom made cosplay outfit all the way from China, then ordered another one a couple of years later.
    When I worked at the movie theatre and Sex and the city 2 came out, for some strange reason I began wondering about what it would be like to dress up like them (I never saw the movie) and wear women's clothes. From there, I began to wonder about panties, high heels, and basically everything else that they wear. Every time I was about to try on something women wear that I never wore before, I was excited just thinking about receiving the item in the mail so I could wear it. Each and every single time I wore something, I was never disappointed. As a matter of fact, I found myself wondering why I never tried this stuff on earlier in life, and why I never gave it a chance before. Probably because even though I dressed up as Princess Peach, I didn't really consider myself as someone who wanted to wear women's clothes. Even though I was fantasizing about being a princess, I was still in denial about actually wanting to wear real women's clothes. So glad I followed my instincts and took that big step forward! My life has changed for the better!
    Last edited by RainbowDash; 12-03-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Valerie, u have a fetish related to your dressing. And, if you'll notice the number of threads about bras and panties here?
    You'll discover most T's here have one or more fetishes, too!
    A fetish? I just want functional mammary glands.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    There is a big difference between curiosity and imprinting on the brain. The imprinting can be for several reasons, I think in some cases curiosity can lead toward imprinting. Those who were just curious stopped long ago, but I think that those who experienced imprinting continued. I don't see that we will ever get to all the why's, as there are just too many of them to count.

This is a common obsession with us CD'ers as to why we do it. Many may never totally know. If it is really important, then keep searching. I know my reasons, and it didn't change the fact that I still dress and probably will never stop.
    Last edited by Gillian Gigs; 12-03-2018 at 04:56 PM.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Curiosity may have been the reason I first tried them on, or maybe there was a part of me that wanted to be a girl or at the very least to feel and look like one. I know that once I took the first step of putting on a slip and how wonderful it felt I couldn't wait to wear everything else and I dressed every opportunity that I had. Having the house to myself and spending the afternoon as a girl was wonderful and I still love the times I have now to just be a girl and enjoy it.

If a guy was playing dressups and at some stage put on a dress, it would mean as little to him as if he put on an elephant suit. We are the way we are because of something inside us not because we tried in a dress. many people dress up for fun in many outfits, superheroes, animals etc etc... you don't see people growing up wanting to be an elephant or batman do you?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Aspiring Member
    I think most guys growing up did wear some girls clothes. I know there was plenty of opportunity in the schools I attended, including holding womanless beauty pageants, dressing in drag for pep rally skits, or just as a dare, or to be funny, etc.. However when I saw classmates in drag I always knew it was different for them. They could be cool, funny and confident. In those days whenever I crossdressed I would get nervously aroused. My whole body would be shaking, and I thought I was going to explode.

For most guys they can crossdress and feel next to nothing. Wearing a dress doesn't magically transform anyone into a crossdresser. What makes a person a crossdresser has to do with how our brains are hardwired. I believe that when we crossdress our brain's neural pathways release a host of feel good neurotransmitters. That makes us special.

When in my mid teens myself and up to four friends would dress up and go out for walks.
    Some other friends would tag along and on occasion some of the neighborhood girls would help us with our makeup.
    As we got older and got jobs the CDing get-to-gathers stopped.

I did dress at a few Halloween parties but never seen other friends dress again.
    I don't know i any of them continued.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

it started with a fascination, attraction to pantyhose, and grew from there. It was always wanting to feel what a woman felt in her clothing in various situations....

Well I guess this means these two guys don't crossdress ! Maybe they got to wear so much fun stuff that they burned out on it ? Lucky guys can you imagine how many dresses they probably tried on each time to find the perfect ones. Also how many times they got to endure dress fittings to make sure their slips didn't show
    Bosum.jpg

My belief: 90% of men at some point in their childhood entertain thoughts of crossdressing. Of those , 90% dismiss the thought. Of the remaining 10%, 90% do it once, find it oddly exciting, and never do it again. That leaves us confirmed crossdressers. I also think that the number of occasional or wishful crossdressers is way bigger than anyone admits or realizes.

Silver Member
    This is the title of the post: "Do you think most guys growing up got curious and tried on Girls/women's Clothes ?" Now we all know that 97.3% of all statistics are made up, but I'd bet that out of curiosity 100% of young boys who were exposed to a female's lingerie tried on a 'pretty' at least once. I may be wrong. It may be only 98.2%.

I’m sure the % is higher then one would think. I think almost all of us started young and I can still remember those wonderful days.
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    Well I guess this means these two guys don't crossdress ! Maybe they got to wear so much fun stuff that they burned out on it ? Lucky guys can you imagine how many dresses they probably tried on each time to find the perfect ones. Also how many times they got to endure dress fittings to make sure their slips didn't show
    Bosum.jpg
    Bet they were custom fitted by "wardrobe"

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

The original question was
    Do you think most guys growing up got curious and tried on Girls/women's Clothes ?
    From what I have just read I will say yes I do think that way. Unlike most kids, I did not belong to any groups/gangs. Even in first grade, I had just one friend, Since I never belong to any group, I never got to know what their thoughts were. I was always an outsider and the class nerd/Geek/ weirdo. You try growing up with no friends around you like I did. I would guess that I NEVER had more than one friend at a time. I was also the class midget.
    Wearing my sister (class popularity queen) and mom's clothing was never to be, because their clothes just fell off of me. I was still wearing slacks in the 4th grade that were bought for me in the first grade. My parents never bought me blue jeans, always Kakies (tans).
    Look out for my Jr year in High school, I went from 4' 2" to 6' tali by the time I finished SR year. That two year growth spurt literally hurt. I had to ask a Sophomore to go to the prom with me.
    But I still think most males have tried on female clothing at least once before puberty. They most likely will deny it, less they loses their standing in their social group.
    It is that strong male social grouping that makes it hard to get acceptance as a MIAD/etc. wear anything feminine and you are an outcast, you are "Gay" or a freak.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 12-07-2018 at 03:49 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Do you think most guys growing up got curious and tried on Girls/women's Clothes ?
    As a lifelong crossdresser with everything I know and have learned about crossdressers and crossdressing my answer is emphatically NO. I doubt more that 20 percent of all males ever have ever worn any 'female' clothes for curiousity of any other reason.

Luv and hugs
    Patti

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Robbie,
    Something drove me inside which I didn't understand at the age of 8-9 years . It wasn't out of curiosity or for a laugh , no one else was present or had any influence . Looking back I realise now how powerful that force was , that underlying female trait finally took control.
    I think that this is the distinction. I don't know what percentage of young boys try on female clothes, but the ones that will probably wear them later in life are the ones that were drawn to it w/out exogenous influence. For example, the boy who lost and, as a result bet and had to wear a dress for a day probably isn't still wearing dresses. The boy that always lusted after his sister's clothes and tried immediately tried them on whenever he had the house to himself probably is still wearing women's clothes.

Well I don't know how many of these Boys joined our team but I will say they got the full Doll up experience ! Not sure if cute panties were part of the outfit ?
    afun.jpg

Well I don't know how many of these Boys joined our team but I will say they got the full Doll up experience ! Not sure if cute panties were part of the outfit ?
    afun.jpg
    It wouldn't be the full doll-up experience w/out them

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by valerie anne View Post
    A fetish? I just want functional mammary glands.
    And that is absolutely by definition a fetish. Don't worry many here have a fetish or fetishes although, for some reason, many do not admit it.
    Last edited by DaisyLawrence; 12-07-2018 at 03:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Curious? By human nature, that thought must have raced across the minds of all men.

Tried on ? It would be a blessing if men would be honest and admit that we were all born with a dual imprinted gender soul. That being the case, the need to express that feminine imprint has to be expressed. I truly believe that there is a vast army of men who crossdress and that doing so is actually a recognition of our feminine soul. I for one relish the feminine portion of my soul.

I've thought about this on occasion. There was a friend of mine, during the latter elementary school years, that would talk with me about wearing bras and panties and sometimes dresses. About growing breasts and getting all dressed up and looking pretty. And about how good it would feel to look like a woman. And even more about how good it would feel to wear a bra and panty wherever, and whenever we wanted. Sometimes we would even sneak a Sears or Penny's catalog up to his room and look through the women's and girl's lingerie and clothing sections talking about it.

It was such a naive and innocent fantasy at the time.

Well, here I am, wearing the bra, lightly lined underwire, and panty, boyshort, under my sweats waiting on a package to be delivered, so I can change into my new yoga pants afterwards. Not sure if he ever continued the journey or not, since we moved out of state shortly after that. I was always kind of curious though.

Imagining the men I know being asked to try on a pretty dress, or to get dolled up, it seems like it would take a helluva lot of persuading to get nearly any of them to try it. That applies even to some cousins who have/had feminine behaviors. Then again, all of the boys in a competing 4H group did dress as girls for a play, so maybe I need to revise my impression. However, maybe boys are willing to do it before they reach the teenage years, if all the other boys are doing it too, and if it's supposed to be funny. My 4H group was putting on a funny play too that same year. It was about a country wedding. My sister played the Groom and I volunteered to play the Maid of Honor. The following year I thought up a play myself in which I played a girl walking past a handsome man sitting on a park bench. I dropped my hanky as I was walking by. Unfortunately, my brother, playing a bum, picked up the hanky instead of the handsome fellow doing so, and the bum blew his nose with it.

I was about 4 when I asked Mother if I could be a woman like her when I grew up. I wanted to be like her, not like my Dad who had a bad temper. I wanted to be pretty too, like when I was younger. Mother put scarves on me and my brother when we went outdoors in cold weather when we were one or two years old. I think I remembered the nice feeling wearing scarves. I had younger sisters too, but I wasn't interested in being like them, but I didn't want to be like guys either, even less. So I guess the feeling of scarves and thinking I was pretty had a lot to do with my desire to crossdress or even dream of becoming a woman.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Information taken from the experiences of many hundreds: Percentage of males who have tried on female clothes is unknown but numbers in the millions. Various theories (and truths) on those who become "hooked" is about 5%. While most become CDs to greater or lesser degree by their teens there are some who do not react until midlife.
    DNA, genes (XXs and Ys chromosomes), wiring prior to birth and even chemical unbalance are set before five years of age. Of these roughly 80% are heterosexual, 15% are Bi and about 5% are homosexual.
    Much more on this topic found in Myths, Fallacies and Most Therapists Without a Clue. By the way we are talking about TGs and not TSs.
    Julie is back after completing 78th and final Blog
    Summer-wear time

Feminine things have always given me a rush. Ever since I was very young. Too young to understand what it meant. And I didn't understand what it actually meant until last year. Anytime I had the opportunity to enter the feminine world (like one time when a girl said she wanted to give me a makeover) would be met with a firm "No." I couldn't let people know I enjoyed feminine things. That I wanted to get my nails painted or wear pretty dresses and skirts. I didn't really come to terms with all of it until last year. I built up all these walls to make sure that no one would ever find out. Basically most of my life has been the strategy Unikitty from the Lego Movie has for not happy ideas, push thoughts of femininity and liking feminine things deep deep deep down where you'll never ever ever find them. Take my feelings out every once in a while or read a story online or something but I thought my life would be over if anyone found out. I was just so afraid.

I honestly don't know about other people...I didn't know anyone who dressed, with one exception that I can think of but it was part of an obstacle course and it was just putting on a nightgown (which is part of why I spent so much of my life panicking about my desire to dress I suppose), even on a lark (although I just thought of something while writing this where a guy had eyeshadow put on him and I remember being jealous...more memories will probably surface). I only started dressing in part because I accidentally bought a women's shirt instead of a man's shirt at a concert and just liked the shirt so I shrugged it off. Then last year (over 5 years after buying that shirt and wearing it fairly regularly) I bought my first dress and the rest is history. I can't speak to other people's experiences but I spent most of my life trying to convince everyone I didn't like feminine things. I don't know where the urge came from...I just know I don't think I've ever been without it and maybe it will always be there. Keeping myself suppressed and beating up on myself with shame, hurt me psychologically in ways I'm only beginning to unravel. Now I'd tell my young self to go for the opportunities of feminine happenings. Don't try to keep it down. Don't hurt yourself.

Like I said I don't know anyone else with these feelings (present company excepted of course). But maybe I did meet someone along the way with these feelings too. Isn't that just so...human. To meet someone with the same thoughts and shame and maybe you could help each other even if it's just to talk...but those feelings of shame keep you silent.
    Last edited by Emily Occasionally; 12-08-2018 at 03:06 AM.
    I kicked the habit/Shed my skin/This is the new stuff/I go dancing in/Won't you show for me?/I will show for you.

Sledgehammer- Peter Gabriel

I did, but now, I simply adore girlie things so much!
    Roxanne
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be