Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the PINK FOG drive you crazy?

Does the PINK FOG drive you crazy?

I'm so consumed in this CDing thing like it's running my life and I have little control.
    Last week I felt I needed to take control and purge at least half my dresses.
    I hung them all up thinking I could pick 50 of my favorites and purge the rest. Attachment 298694
    I was only able to get rid of 2.

To make things worse I saw two women in dresses today that were so beautiful I can't stop thinking about their dresses, this is very bad!
    How can I focus on other things in my life when I just want to DRESS UP?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

It's not easy, but there are some ways. Habits take at least three weeks to break, i read years ago. I know that the desire to dress and look pretty will not go completely away, though. Answering your question? It does sometimes take over ,and drive me nuts, and makes me more a recluse, and loner, and i get very depressed after a while in the fog. and wonder why i did it, and wonder if i can function. I wish i had never born, or acquired this strong desire. Life would have been simpler, to be a guy without this strong compulsion, among the other social, and mental challenges i have.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 12-01-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Wow, envious of your closet Judy!

Believe that you have now achieved just the right Pink Fog balance. What you get rid of by purging you may replace with the same number of new dresses.

That's what happens when I try to "thin the herd" so to speak. I have over seventy and thought I surely could downsize to 20-40, maybe. Well I got down to three I couldn't quite fit into anyway, that's all I could part with. What I the world is the hold these dresses have on me anyway. I will surely get another 10 in a couple of weeks when the 10 for $10 is at the local GW. I guess it's a little crazy isn't it?
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Can be HARD to part with them!! One thing that Can help--is having limited space. Cut-back myself a while ago. Takes discipline to do it! So I kept stuff that will actually be worn Outside - and discarded the others that I wasn't going to wear. Its kinda like getting rid of other things- like tools & such. "Am I actually going to ever wear this?? " Toni G..
    "Seen by Many---Clocked by Any??"
    In the Snowbird Zone

The pink fog looks a bit grey to me sometimes these days.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well the closet seems to hold them all so well I tend to only downsize once I start to outgrow the closet (or dresser drawers).

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not really I rarely get the pink fog anymore.

I repressed my dressing for a long time before I came out last year.

I think that if I ever felt my dressing was getting out of hand, I'd have no problem getting back in that headspace again. I wouldn’t like to, though, as being out (and going out) has been tremendously beneficial to me.

I'm not sure crossdressing is something that can be overdone, but only you can say whether that’s your situation or not. It is only a problem if it’s interfering with your daily life.

Feeling that you’re losing control is worrisome and maybe it would be a good idea to take some time off to work through those feelings and to prove to yourself that you can do it. Close the closet door for a while. You’ll appreciate your dresses more after the hiatus, so it’s win-win.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Judy,

My circumstance of being in the closet as opposed to having one is my limiting factor. That said, I do operated by a few rules primarily will I get an opportunity to wear this out in public?

If the answer is no then it doesn't get bought. I'd rather save my money and spend it on thinks that will get used.

Let me if I may suggest a strategy. place an empty coat hanger on one end of a rail. Each time you wear a dress place it at the end of a rail. So if you wear the blue dress one day that goes on the end of the rail. Next day, a red one, that goes on the end and blue moves down a place. Keep doing this for a whole year at the end of which you'll have either worn all of your dresses equally or you'll be left with ones that sit on the "wrong" side of the empty coat hanger indicating have never been at the used end of the rail. Anything not worn in a year goes.

I would also suggest that some of your wardrobe is now getting pissibly a little dated to the point of being retro. A really good clear out allows the opportunity to update your style.

The fog comes and goes. I want to keep everything but my limited storage area is getting full too. I have a thing for ball room gowns. I think I have outfits in my closet that I haven't worn in years. I have the fear that as soon as I get rid of something I will need that out fit again. It is silly because I am 90% in the closet. Now my DR wants me to lose some 50 pounds. If I lose the weight I will need a whole new wardrobe. I will go from a size 22 to at least an 18. Loosing that much weight will even effect my shoe size.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

The fog used to come and go with me but it seems now to be a more or less permanent state of being. It's very distracting. I very much enjoy dressing but I sometimes wish the hold it has on me weren't so strong.

Platinum Member
    When any emotion becomes debilitating in the degree you describe, it’s time to seek a behavioral health professional. Seriously, if you are hurting, distressed, frustrated, obsessed, then you need to act. If your behavior and emotional state are causing relationship or financial stresses, you need to act.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I get the fog but not like I use too.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Judy, for me it comes and goes and does not hit like it use to. Be careful, it looks like your bating your wife's contempt with all those clothes.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    I think your closet is wide enough to fit in a rolling rack. No need to purge anything unless it does not fit. I think the way to focus on other things in your life is to dress up. Then you'll be dressed up and not have to think about dressing up because you're already dressed up. It's that simple! Oh, sorry, you're married. Damn.

I think it has a lot to do with your wife's oppression. Even though I was given a lot of freedom when I was married, now that I live alone my female wardrobe is probably 20% of what it was. I was guilty of keeping things that I'd never wear just because it felt good to own it. It didn't cost anything to keep it other than closet space, so I was never motivated to get rid of much.

Yes, the pin fog drives me crazy! I am always buying a new dress, or skirt, or something else feminine. It gives me so much satisfaction when I turn my feminine section of my mind on! I am not encumbered with a wife, cause I have been divorced (not due to CD'ing) for 2 and a half years. I now feel so free, and my desires are becoming ever so much more feminine. Two weeks ago I bagged a lot of my dresses, skirts and things, and turned them in as a donation. I felt so much better, but now have ordered another wig, two dresses, and a pair of feminine ankle boots as replacements! Oh, what a girlie mess I am! I wish I had a place to go to mingle, meet some nice gurls. This is not mavailable where I am, and it costs so much to go to the big city every weekend! I mam going to install a closet (drywall, studs and such) in my unfinished basement soon to keep my girlie stuff. Oh, I do love my pretty things! One day I am going to find a place to go where I can be feminine for a week or so, all of the time, so I can be my dream! Oh, I should just get married, and be a wife, I guess. Lord, I love being a girl!
    Roxanne Lanyon "Smoothness, Sweetness, and Femininity - Perfection for Me!"
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

For me the pink fog comes and goes like the tide, sometimes it is a high tide and some times a low tide. Then every so often a storm comes at a high tide. To answer your question,,, well let me just say I don't have an answer, let me know when you find one

Aspiring Member
    I know only a short time has passed since I broke the door down, and yes, I've done an amount of shopping to get me 'street ready' so perhaps I'm all shopped out for a while, but, even in the last month or so, I've started to get things because I need them and have to consider more how they will look on me and how likely I am to wear it generally, rather than before, when I could buy and wear party dresses at will, simply because I could. I think that the pink fog will still be around, but I don't think as strongly. I suppose too, it's that things have changed on a more fundamental level, in that I now dress to be who I am, not who I'm not.

Platinum Member
    Hi Judy , Purging would be like giving your kids away. >Orchid .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

It's been about two months since I've been able to dress, and I've been going crazy. Finally today my wife has a doctor's appointment that will keep her away for two or three hours. So here I am, typing this message while fully dressed, and it feels so good!

For the past wee3k I had been trying to find diversions to redirect my longings, but nothing worked. For example,. I'd go in the basement to watch a movie, but somehow I'd end up watching CD videos on YouTube and envying the participants.

If I can quit a biological addiction like smoking cold turkey, you can throw out a few dresses. You didn’t because you didn’t want to, which is fine, as long as you understand that it’s a decision.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I have noticed a difference in my experience with the 'pink fog' since I have retired. Before retirement I would suppress many of my desires, and the more I suppressed the feelings, the more the 'pink fog' would come with a vengeance when it came. Since my retirement I dress as I want, when I want, and now rarely experience the 'pink fog' coming around. It seems to be like many things in life, if your deny something it builds up to the point of exploding. In weight loss, many say that you are better off giving yourself little treats, than to let the denial build to the point of a total pig out (explosion). I feel that I am much happier now than before.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Pink fog is different for me these days, its almost always with me but in a pleasant way... I could describe it as a pink cloud cover more than Fog..
    Judy OMG girl most GG's would kill for your closet!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec