Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Female style leggings are finally being made for men! - and I love them!

Leggings are a good choice for someone who wants to stick a (metaphorical) leg out of the closet. I doubt if anyone would notice the difference now if you just wore womens ones instead.
    I always buy womens leggings. The colours/designs are amazing and the smaller sizes actually fit me. I now wear mine on-site when we go away in our motorhome (RV). I started off with plain black ones, but now have some vivid designs. I get a few snooty looks but who cares, it has done my confidence a lot of good.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    No.

I liked to wear leggings because they were so feminine.

I may have to stop wearing them now. It’s not fun if everybody can wear them.
    What she said.

Quote Originally Posted by kayla_bayarea View Post
    I don't get the point at all. Just buy women's leggings. If you're worried that people will recognize them as women's leggings why would you buy "female style" leggings made for men? People would think those are women's leggings anyway so you should have just bought...women's leggings!
    This exactly!!

I've been out of work since June - bad situation, left the job because it was terribly unhealthy - and I've finally depleted my reserves. Needing money, I picked up a job with Amazon. On the second day, I decided to say screw it and wear my leggings because they're more comfortable than jeans. I was nervous that someone would say something, but at the same time I am confident enough to not care.

Guess what. Someone DID say something. A woman on our crew came up and asked me where I got my tights, because she wanted a pair.

So go with it.

I was wearing femme leggings, ie stirrup pants, for running 30 years ago. The only comments I got were from women on how shapely my muscular legs looked in leggings

Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    For me, it's gott'a be made for women for me to wear it.

Just a fetish I have. :-)
    I'm totally with Beverly on this. In order to me to really unleash my feminine side, I need to wear things that are designed for women, not men. I actually have 2 pairs of women's leggings and am completely satisfied with both of them.

I have worn leggings for years and wouldn't consider "men's" tights because I dislike the cut. I have to have a smooth front.

They seem like the kind of thing I would have bought a couple of years ago as a 'legitimate' way to be almost crossdressing. As quoted from one review: "... it's more of a pair of universal leggings that in my mind a girl would wear." If I bought them now it would be for practical purposes as I've just taken up running.

I have a quite a few pairs of female leggings/jeggings which I wear around the house quite openly without much eyebrow raising and I don't think these would be seen any differently.

I have one pair of lululemon mens leggings; all my other lulu lemons are women's. I really don't see any difference other than the women's have many more different types of patterns. I have about 15 lululemons and about 20-25 others. Not only are they good for exercise but really much more comfortable than jeans which is why I always wear them around the house.

I'm also a big Lululemon fan.Athleta being a close second.I wear my leggings out to run errands on the weekends. I do get some weird looks. Like a previous post stated, "it's as close as you can get to sticking your toe out of the closet".
    The difference I noticed between mens and women's is the butt in women's has a seam and mens typically don't.
    I love the definition in the butt! So I would never wear mens.

My 2 Cents, I think the point is that if you buy "Mens Leggings" or tights you should be able to pass it past the wife or others (because they are mens afterall). I have a bunch of mens thongs, because they are "mens" i can get them past the wife. They certainly did help with wanting to wear panties all the time.

Please be kind to us folks who can't go out dressed, and can't share this wonderful experience with the our other friends!

Took me awhile to realize your not talking about wearing tights under jeans, but actually presenting the bottom half of your body in just tights. What is perceived as football pants is what a closeted CDer might be willing to wear publicly. I admire those who present in female tights with out trepidation, or suffer the scorn of the general public. Female tights is not what you see men wearing while shopping at the Home Depot.

Quote Originally Posted by erin8042 View Post
    My 2 Cents, I think the point is that if you buy "Mens Leggings" or tights you should be able to pass it past the wife or others (because they are mens afterall). I have a bunch of mens thongs, because they are "mens" i can get them past the wife. They certainly did help with wanting to wear panties all the time.

Please be kind to us folks who can't go out dressed, and can't share this wonderful experience with the our other friends!
    Very well said Erin. That was indeed my intention behind sharing it. For those people who are out then it would be simpler to use get female leggings or tights. For those that aren’t and live with others - then they still need a way to get it past their wives, girlfriends or flat mates.

With these leggings - you get the best of both worlds. They are comfy, architected for men and still have a legitimate amazon advert that says they are for guys that can be shown off to anyone a bit suspicious . I really hope they don’t stop selling them!
    Based on some of the reviews - I think there are a lot of people that know this little tip already - I am happy to share it for those out there that don’t yet !

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Sam View Post
    Took me awhile to realize your not talking about wearing tights under jeans, but actually presenting the bottom half of your body in just tights. What is perceived as football pants is what a closeted CDer might be willing to wear publicly. I admire those who present in female tights with out trepidation, or suffer the scorn of the general public. Female tights is not what you see men wearing while shopping at the Home Depot.
    I wear them to the gym and have gone into Home Depot many times wearing them; bright colors actually. Never a word. I'm sure people had some negative thoughts but most keep their opinions to themselves.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahlove View Post
    Very well said Erin. That was indeed my intention behind sharing it. For those people who are out then it would be simpler to use get female leggings or tights. For those that aren’t and live with others - then they still need a way to get it past their wives, girlfriends or flat mates.

With these leggings - you get the best of both worlds. They are comfy, architected for men and still have a legitimate amazon advert that says they are for guys that can be shown off to anyone a bit suspicious . I really hope they don’t stop selling them!
    Based on some of the reviews - I think there are a lot of people that know this little tip already - I am happy to share it for those out there that don’t yet !
    Sarah, I'm glad you found something that makes you happy and hope it continues to do so. I don't understand at all why you feel wearing those leggings/tights have anything to do with crossdressing. They're just a normal male piece of clothing that has been around for several years. That being said, if you want to buy more male leggings similar to those they are not rare at all and can be found easily. These are made by Under Armour: https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/me...pid1281108-001
    and Nike: https://www.nike.com/t/pro-mens-training-tights-od3w1j
    Both of these brands are extremely well known and can be found anywhere. There's no need to search out for some rare exotic item, you can just pop into your local sporting goods store. Hope that helps satiate your desire more easily.

I understand and can sympathize with those that feel they need to find some loophole to legitimize their purchase to their SOs. It's extremely ridiculous though (on their part, not yours) that you would need to show a link on the internet to do this. I highly, highly doubt anyone (male or female) would consider a pair of plain black leggings to belong solely to a women's wardrobe.

On the flip side of the label argument there is Wolford. I doubt anyone thinks they have ever designed anything for males and I'm sure many would consider there products to be very feminine. Yet, they have a webpage that purports to be just that: https://www.wolfordshop.com/men_hosiery.html
    I find it really weird because it just lists existing products and swears that they are designed with males in mind! I would say that those products listed most definitely were originally created for just women. For any crossdresser needing the ridiculous excuse that it was labeled for males so it's therefore okay...Wolford has done the work for you. These most definitely are more feminine than those male sports leggings and you can "justify" your purchase. So just buy these because it seems you are just wanting an excuse because it has to be labeled "male" to be safe. I actually love Wolford's products, some of the best quality around and beautiful designs. And of course, actually feminine.

Anyway, the reason I am still responding in this thread is not to pick on Sarah but to inform others that you can buy male leggings almost anywhere these days. They are not at all an exotic item and are not only made by niche companies. If that is what can satisfy your CD needs just go to your local sporting goods shop and pick up a pair. It will be no different that buying a basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela1954 View Post
    I wear them to the gym and have gone into Home Depot many times wearing them; bright colors actually. Never a word. I'm sure people had some negative thoughts but most keep their opinions to themselves.

Wow - Home Depot - that is brave!!!