Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urge to dress.

Urge to dress.

So i was chatting to a friend who asked me what do i get out of dressing up?
    I explained that its relaxing and it feels good and then it hit me. I have absolutley no choice in this, its a compulsion.
    I pointed this out but i think most people will never understand.
    I found today that i knew i would dress tonight because i cant not dress.
    Am i wierd? Probably.
    Wouild i change it? Defo not!
    Oh well...

I think you are right that most people will never understand.
    Are you weird? - No more than the rest of us here!
    Would I change my urge to dress? Not a Chance in Heck!

Keep Calm... and Dress On!
    Last edited by Tina June; 12-02-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Hi Kym,

I agree, it's a compulsion, not a choice and no, though at some point in the past I might have thought differently, at this point in my life I wouldn't change it either.

Elizabeth

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I found today that i knew i would dress tonight because i cant not dress.
    Am i wierd? Probably.
    Wouild i change it? Defo not!
    Oh well...[/QUOTE]

I agree most will never understand.
    I have to ask why the statement above about knowing you will dress because you can't?

Gold Member
    I LOVE The days that I can stay home and dress.
    Now I do under dress every day, and even wear Fem Jeans.
    But there is nothing better than putting on a skirt and top.
    Rader

Perhaps i chose the wrong words, i cant go without dressing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    For me it is/was a very strong compulsion. I conquered it by dressing every time I felt the need. Day or nite! After 3 months I was so sick of dressing the desire vanished for 4 months!

Then, it returned but has remained easily satisfied for the last 10 years!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My latest answer on this is that it feels like a compulsion bc I don't dress when I want, as it causes problems at home with my wife. That replicates the growing up years when I couldn't bc it was seen as perverted, or at least mental illness.

When I have the freedom to dress it doesn't feel like a compulsion anymore, it feels like a sigh of relief.I feel good, normal, that I am just wearing the clothes I want to wear. I am aware that I am seen as a weird genderqueer provocateur, but that doesn't bother me. I want my clothes to feel good, to be functional, to look attractive as art, and to make sense for a person who feels they can pass back and forth between masculine and feminine behavior freely, but who generally identifies with the girl in the movie rather than the guy.
    We are all beautiful...!

I would dress at every opportunity when younger.

Now there are no restrictions and need to dress does not come into the equation.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Am i wierd? No, but society says what i do is.

Would i change it? No ive come to realize why should i change. Society needs to change.

I always have the urge to dress, no idea why but i do.
    The wife also tells me that im a different person, that im not so up tight or stressed when im dressed.

Urge to dress...every day at the house when I pass the dresser and first put on a bra and forms.
    Then a top and skirt and nylons. afterward a little makeup, ear rings and necklace. Its really a mood changer.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

At one time my dressing urge was satisfied by part dressing- maybe just a skirt and top or dress. Years down the line the urge is only ever satisfied by total dressing down to the last detail so I can go out in public. I agree it's very relaxing and mood changing. Why? In my case just a love of clothes make up and all things feminine. When I see a woman beautifully dressed I want to do the same and soon afterwards usually do.

Banned Read only
    Kym,
    I couldn't rest until I knew what was driving that compulsion , in my case it felt it as a gut feeling that started when I was 8-9 and never went away , now I have finally found enough answers to settle that feeling . Why put ourselves down by calling ourselves weird ? Most of us were born with this trait , at some point I went through a period of feeling it was a curse but now I know it's part of me I've come to terms with it and I'm happier now I can fully embrace it .

There are some weirdo's in the World but it's not us .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-28-2018 at 04:37 PM.

I, too believe it’s compulsive and possibly genetic. Over the years, I’ve read volumes in an attempt to find out “why”. Yes, there’s many theories, but, for me nothing I’ve read applies to me. At 6 or 7, when I slipped on my first pair of nylon stockings, I experienced deep feelings of pleasure. I just accept it. And, as we all know, like the Pink Fog...it comes and goes and ranges from mild to intense. Now, comfort continues to be primary. My supportive wife can’t understand what’s comfortable about underwires, hose, shapers, heels, etc. I just smile.

"If you know why you crossdress then you are not a crossdresser," I was told many years ago.

Still applies to me. NancySue's wife is right, there is nothing fundamentally comfortable wearing hose, shapers, heels, etc. But, to a crossdresser . . . ahhhh . . .heaven.

Reality Check
    Unless you want or need to stop, why bother trying to figure out why you do it? It doesn't matter.
    Krisi

For me, it is a mental and physical compulsion, but it is a choice whether i will dress or not. It can take over my life and cause big problems for me i other areas of life, like more isolating, hiding, paranoia, not looking people in the eye, and not being the man that any woman would want to date. It is also very sensual and sexual for me, too, but my libido is low nowdays. i have strong desire to want to be with an admirer, when all dressed to the nines, but that is only temporary, and when in guy clothes, have zero desire for that. I also believe it is because of being starved for attractive female company, and very seldom seeing an attractively dressed woman in the towns where i live. I dress up as the tall well dressed in heels lady i wish i could see or have for a mate, too. The war between the sexes and genders today, does not help matters any. So many men are lonely and starved for love.

Banned Read only
    Taylor,
    That's very odd reasoning ! I took photos for a living so I had to be a photographer !!

I'm out everyday my clothes fit better and feel more comfortable than male ones .

Krisi,
    It matters to me because I finally had to separate from my wife over the issues it raised , at the moment my wife won't admit I'm TG but now prefers to tell people I'm dead .

I gave up the idea of not dressing along time ago.
    It is one of the most enjoyable parts of my life.
    We are all weird in a beautiful way.

Its a compulsion because it is who we are are. Unless we express our selves as we are, we are not complete. When I was younger, I tried to rationalize it and explain it to my SOs along the way but never could make them understand. Most saw it as a kink. It isnt - it is who we are. Until i met, fell in love and married my wife who fully understood that dressing is being me - it is who i am.

XO
    Bree

Dressing saved me. It is who I am. Weird? bring it.

After almost 60 years I still have an urge to dress. I thoroughly enjoy it and will not change. There is only a single urge but after that the choices are many.

The urge to dress is overwhelming. Something I can't and won't quit. Every time the clothes touch my body I start to relax and become myself. It empowers me.

It is a part of who i am, but not the whole part. i am complex, like guy side some too. I am a bit of an asexual too, though attracted to some GGs.

It's a desire that's hard to explain. I don't feel guilt anymore. I've accepted that it's part of who I am. And I'm so glad it is. The thrill and satisfaction of it all overwhelms me.