Thread: So emotional and worried.

So emotional and worried.

I’m adjusting to a new hrt dose. I’m now on estrogen and t blockers. The first round with estrogen only had me feeling very content and at ease. I am now feeling very emotional and worried about everything. I’m sure it’s a side effect of the meds and a natural part of going through so many changes. It just feels very overwhelming

Tell your doc! That is what they are there for! I am no doctor but sounds like you might need a dose adjustment to me! For sure do whatever the doc suggests! Just my $0.02! Hugs and best wishes Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Ashley, Lana, it's a good idea to call your doctor. When I did, he offered me to lower the dose or I could skip one week and see the changes (I'm not recommending you that but just an example) soon I recovery for that down and keep my way back to normal dose. Dysphoria is something that goes with me all the time.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I started on a T blocker and estradiol. I had a similar reaction. You really should consult your doctor.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I agree with the others, talk to your doctor. My experience with the T-blocker and E has been nothing like that. A small adjustment in dose or some other trick may get you smiling and happy again.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Oh come on, ladies. Of course Ashley is experiencing a now full exposure to the female experience. The T blocks the affect emotions have on us, and the E sensitises, so together the initial effect is huge, and the more so for people who suppressed, albeit unconsciously, before the hrt. So, Ashley, you are going through it right now, but you will learn to cope. Think of it like re-birthing yourself as a woman.

xxx Pam
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Ladies. Thank you for the input. I didn’t tell my prescribing doctor but I did tell my therapist. The wave of emotions passed. Truthfully regardless of transition I have so many emotional things going on anyway. At any rate I am still chugging along. And it may be tough but I do still have a support system. I only mention this because I know it’s a risk for our population but I am not in any danger of self harm or anything. I am just getting used to so many changes. It seems like a lot some times. Part of my male persona was intentionally stuffing down emotions so processing them is a new skill for me. Thank you again for the support and i really am feeling much better.