Thread: I just gotta share

I just gotta share

Living in Southern California is becoming more dangerous. My wife and I were evacuated during the Holy Fire a couple months ago, the fire came within about 50 feet of the back fence of the trailer park we live in. Now the threat is flooding and debris flow due to the rains, we'll have to put up with this thread for the next 3 to 5 years.
    Last week we got a mandatory evacuation notice, so we left. We had planned to be gone up to LA anyway because of a Dr appointment I had there, 3 hour drive from here. I planned to see the Dr on Thursday and spend the night in an AirB&B Wednesday and Thursday nights and hit the Tar Pits on Friday. I asked my very supportive wife if I could 'dress up' for the day at the Tar Pits. She asked and I told her completely, meaning make up, wig and all. I go out most time in bra and panties, sometimes with forms. And due to the proposed rain that was coming I need to buy some warm cloths which we did Wednesday.
    So we got the Voluntary Evac order Wednesday, we pack up and left. Thursday morning we got the Mandatory Evac order, we were already gone. However, a neighbor couple, who had business in LA Wednesday didn't have a place to stay after the mandatory came in, so we invited them to come stay with us, we had a 2bedroom/2bath apartment all to ourselves. However this meant that I couldn't dress in front of them. Needless to say I was bummed, and it was obvious to my wife.
    We had a great time with our friends, who spent several years living in LA, so they took us to some very nice restaurant and such. Well, Friday morning the Evac order was lifted. Our friends left for home, leaving my wife and I along. So I got to dress for the day.
    Other than my wig not really looking right, it spent too much time in a bag in the storage case. I felt very comfortable. Needed to make several stops at the ladies room. I didn't notice anyone staring nor did I hearing any comments. Nobody really was concerned with these two women walking around.
    My wife insisted on talking pictures of the two of us, which she has done a couple times before but she also held my hand as we walked, which she has never done with me dressed. She did refer to me as HIM, when she was talking to our dinner waiter, but he didn't flinch. I thought he might be gay and there was a Drag queen place next store. I don't know if it was a might club and/or store. We ate at Cantors, for those that know the area.
    Anyway, I just wanted to share this lovely experience.
    Hugs

Elsie,

Every cloud has a silver lining. That said I'm sure you'd rather not have your home repeatedly under threat and the trauma that brings. I hope this year's weather conditions aren't a taste of things to come but I suspect that's sadly not the case.

Hopefully you can get to repeat the good bits of this experience without having the bad first. Glad you were able to have such a good time with your SO.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Elsie, nice story sounds like you two had a great day/night out in LA sorry to hear about how close the fires came and now the Evans. Looks like Wednesday you may have to leave again. More rain Wednesday and Thursday. I live just south of down the 15 so we were not effected by the fires. But know friends who were. Good luck with the rain this week.

Laura

Some good always comes from the bad and I hope more good comes your way soon.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Cantors, a fantastic Deli!

Thanks for your kind words. Yes, we did get hit last Wednesday, Thursday. We were Evacuated Thursday morning and it was lifted Friday morning but sadly to say our efforts for this storm were not enough. One of the banks of our catch basin was over flowed and we not have several feet of mud and debris at the lower end of our park. We lost no homes, but it cover all 3 our pickle ball courts, two of our four upper tennis courts and left about 2 feet of mud on our lower two tennis courts. It wiped out one of our foot bridges and disintegration one of the krails which was next to the bridge. Very powerful stuff. So now it several days of heavy equipment clean up, a long with many shovels and wheel barrels.
    Anyway, we are all safe until the next storm next Sunday.
    Hugs