Thread: Not crying but laughing.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Not crying but laughing.

I was told that I'd have emotional ups and downs and to be prepared to cry at things that would not have bothered me in the past. I have yet to cry but on several occasions I see something that strikes me as funny and I laugh like a crazy woman. I have tears in my eyes, but only from laughter, while trying to catch my breath and stop the laughing. Fortunately this hasn't happened often and only once with other people around in a situation where I could explain it away. Has anyone else had this happen?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

You need to start chopping up some onions girl, there is nothing better than a good cry. But really my theory is your in a much better mood living closer to who you are as a person so you can relax a little bit and enjoy life a little more. When people are in a good mood you can get them to laugh a little easier. Your dopamine is elevated is my guess.

Transitioning can be made more problematic if gender stereotypes are added into the mix. I have always cried easily but only in specific circumstances. I can be hurt deeply by cruelty and sometimes the tears of others will bring me to tears.

This is simply me and does not make me more or less of a woman.

Try to let go of generalizations about what it means to be a woman. I have known far more women than men and I have yet to see anything that I could say is exclusive to being a woman when it comes to the mind and emotions.

It is true that I have seen tears coming from women far more often than from men but this is likely the greater social freedom women have to cry. At the same time the hardest people I have ever met have been women and men are far more sensitive than they let on.

Men may throw a ball farther than women but that which is of the mind shrinks dramatically the differences between men and women.

You cannot be a woman if you are not a individual at the same time. You will only remain a false echo of what you think it means to be a woman.

Is this not the same thing you are trying to escape?
    Last edited by KellyJameson; 12-06-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    The Psychology of Conformity
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARGczzoPASo

Mars brain, Venus brain: John Gray at TEDxBend
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuM7ZS7nodk

Silver Member
    Yes. Crying. And laughing. I need to be careful not to start either or because it is hard to stop. Though the first few years were the worst.

I have always been a crier. My emotions do feel different though after 18 months on E.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post
    Transitioning can be made more problematic if gender stereotypes are added into the mix. I have always cried easily but only in specific circumstances. I can be hurt deeply by cruelty and sometimes the tears of others will bring me to tears.

This is simply me and does not make me more or less of a woman.

Try to let go of generalizations about what it means to be a woman. I have known far more women than men and I have yet to see anything that I could say is exclusive to being a woman when it comes to the mind and emotions.

It is true that I have seen tears coming from women far more often than from men but this is likely the greater social freedom women have to cry. At the same time the hardest people I have ever met have been women and men are far more sensitive than they let on.

Men may throw a ball farther than women but that which is of the mind shrinks dramatically the differences between men and women.

You cannot be a woman if you are not a individual at the same time. You will only remain a false echo of what you think it means to be a woman.

Is this not the same thing you are trying to escape?
    I've just don't remember a reference to the freedom of emotional expression women have over men that listed uncontrolled or unexpected laughing as the indicator rather than crying more easily or for "no apparent reason". I'm going into this with few expectations but lots of information and it was unexpected. I've cried many times in my life and before I ever started hormones I often had to fight back tears, so I'm not a stranger to the emotions.

I agree the reliance on stereotypes for role models is a poor choice in lieu of real life examples. However, there are people who don't make the effort to move beyond them when they deal with the Transgender community. Just understanding both that and the need to be a whole individual person will be required to be happy and successful as the process moves along. Honestly, I've been known as a "smartass" most of my adult life and I don't expect that to change. I just need to be prepared to laugh at my own jokes a bit more often.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I always was someone hard to cry for physical pain but with feelings was different. Now so many things, a sad new, a cute pic of a baby or a puppy, emotional stories or movies easily wet my eyes and makes me sigh...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Aspiring Member
    I never cried before watching stuff ... nor is now being on hormones for over a year. But I get a bit more emotional and chocking up but not to the point to shed tears. Just me...

As I got older, I found it easier to cry at certain things that I would not have before! I had the laughing thing today! I usually cuss at bad drivers but today I was laughing at them instead! Very strange! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix