Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few questions for all you BAD girls...

Banned Read only

A few questions for all you BAD girls...

All of you BOLD AND DARING ladies who have the temerity, the gall, the chutzpah... to go out into the RW "dressed" in at least some of the wrong clothes.

I ask these questions because I see so many ladies here who seem to want to over analyze the WHY of going out and what they choose to wear. Sometimes, various members within threads want to analyze each other's takes, on those 2 matters.

I am a firm believer in the KISS principal. It seems to me to be a pretty simple answer for many but certainly not all.

1) When was the last time out in the RW you received a compliment on your appearance (attire) "dressed" as a man?

2) SAME Q but dressed as a woman. (at least partially)

3) Do you believe your odds go up IF you are attired as a woman?

Bonus Q. Anyone NOT appreciate compliments? No matter WHAT you are wearing. Or if the compliment comes from a female or a male. Or whether they are 10 years old or 110 years old?

I might be wrong but my guess is very few CDers would consider any type of compliment from anyone an insult of any type?

Is it not anything more than plain ol' Human Nature for adults to be far more likely to give compliments to females? (based on nothing more than their appearance)

Personally, I see nothing wrong with it and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

I have been complimented a few times when dressed - and very sincerely so - it felt wonderful, also on a lesser scale in male mode it's always welcome even more so when dressed as that is what is appreciated most ………………………………..Debra
    PS age does not matter

No, I don't go out dressed in order to get compliments. And I rarely get any. Women compliment each other much more than men complimenting them. And men complimenting each other isn't done with heterosexuals. The exception is mtf crossdressers. We tend to give compliments to each other every now and then, but not really all that often.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Read only
    I can't say than I can remember receiving a compliment DRAB or DRAG from anyone other than my wife in over a decade.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I got a compliment the other day but I was in 50/50 mode. The lady said I love the way you have the guts to mix your gender expression with clothes and hair do.

Banned Read only
    Wildaboutheels,
    No I don't go out to receive compliments either . I have had some which have stopped me in my tracks , early when I first went full time I walked into a furniture shop to buy a full length mirror a sales lady came to help me and showed me their selection as I was looking at one she said you have got a stunning figure . Since then two women have said they wished they looked like me , on one occasion I was trying on a swimsuit in a retail shop. I have to admit I didn't know how to answer these comments . Having not long gone full time and debating if everything was good enough and still juggling with the passing question these comments turned that on it's head !

The question of what to wear is a tricky one especially everyday , to a point I let the weather dictate that choice at least what you wear won't be out of place .

Compliments in male mode , never happened , did it bnother me ? Not at all and it's hardly going to happen now , I really would think someone was taking the **** ! One amusing point about dressing in drab we never ask if we pass !!
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-04-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Banned Read only
    I guess I should have mentioned that all the "closeted" ladies here (maybe happily?) are free to jump in here.

As in, can you remember the last time you received a compliment out in the RW, attired as a male?

Wildaboutheels,

I got a "You clean up real well" about a month ago at a funeral at church ( I had a suit and tie on rather than the black jeans I normally wear). Probably the first complement in a year.

About a week ago I was dressed. I was in the check out lane at Target after doing my grocery shopping. While the checker was finishing entering her items the lady in front of me complemented me on my turquoise jewelry.

Yes, I get complements every once in a while when I am dressed.

I appreciate sincere complements any time I get one.

Suzi Q

I go out dressed because I love trying on different types of clothes--mainly dresses (and sometimes buying them), and stores are where the clothes are.

Compliments are an unexpected bonus.

This last Sunday I was trying on a dress in the open shop area and taking a picture, and a man to my right (who was waiting for his wife while she was in another set of dressing rooms) said "you have phenomenal legs, you might as well show them off". While I have gotten a few compliments from GGs before, this was the first from a man, and totally unexpected (but appreciated). I wrote about the experience in the Pictures section.

I can't think of anytime that I was complimented on my attire dressed as a man (with the possible exception a comment from my grandmother as to how handsome I looked in my suit as a child - grandmother compliments don't count).
    I have had a few as a woman. I stopped dead in my tracks in surprise once as a SA said "that's such a cute outfit". I'd never had an experience anything remotely like that dressed as a guy. Once I realized what had happened, I was on cloud nine. I still smile when I think about it. In my case, the odds of a compliment go up when I am dressed as a woman. I must like compliments based on how I reacted to that SA's comment.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Wild, I think Sherry dresses hot and pretty! I'm one of your "bad girls", I guess? Because I almost NEVER dress plain, simple, or to blend!

People tend to notice me.
    I get about 25% compliments. 75% jeers, hoots, chuckles, and rude comments!

In drab, I dress to blend! So, no one notices the sloppy dressed old man!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

1 I was about 20 and a woman wanted to hit on me.

2 Some years ago at a party. The occasional comment these days about clothes or shoes. They hit the like button usually.

3 Definitely, I have always been told I make a better woman than a man.

BQ. If anyone notices anything positive I walk on air for the next ten miles. :-)

I will compliment women all the time, never men.

I'm not queer you know. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I think everyone here knows I usually dress to get noticed in either mode of dress. I like to look nice. I get compliments both ways. Just before at the supermarket the male cashier complimented me on my very lovely ensemble. All my female friends want to raid my closet and go shopping with me. Last week an acquaintance of mine at the karaoke bar remarked about my cutoff shorts(VERY Daisy Duke) so I took them off in the bar and had her try them on right there, I'm giving her a spare pair. Guess that makes me a bad girl🤣

I don't go out looking for complements, but they are gladly accepted whether it's on a piece of jewelry or clothing. On the other hand I do also like to give complements.

I only stated going out six months ago, but as I now do it fairly regularly, I feel somewhat qualified to answer.

It's funny now to see myself being described as "bold and daring" for dressing in public, as it has become a regular event in my life. But then, I need only think back a year to remember a time when the notion of ever being out seemed like an impossible dream. It just highlights to me what a huge step going out actually was. In some ways, I no longer fully understand that person I used to be. I'm in a much better place now.

Let me also take issue with something you said: As a crossdresser, I wouldn't be entirely pleased if someone said my clothes were "eccentric" and I'd definitely object if my clothing were described as "strange", so you'll understand my total and absolute revulsion at your well meant but unfortunate choice to use the word "wrong" to describe crossdresser's clothing.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I go out dressed, I feel I am showing a true side of myself and in many ways, it feels more honest that the "guy mode" I'm forced to present most of the time. This feeling and the clothes that help bring it about can be called many things, but "wrong" is not one of them.

Moving on, to answer your questions:

1) Last week. Admittedly, a male friend paid the compliment and he was seeing me dressed better than usual at the time.
    2) Second Friday of November. A female stranger said she liked my handbag.
    3) I think women are more likely to initiate conversations with me when I'm dressed, although I feel some of the conversations are started because they want to hear my voice so they can find out my actual gender.
    Bonus: I can do without the folks that initiate conversations with me just to hear the sound of my voice.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I think I remember receiving a compliment when out in Drab once, when a friend said thats nice shirt. As for Becky a few here and there, of course any compliment is nice, but they are largely irrelevant and quickly forgotten.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    All of you BOLD AND DARING ladies who have the temerity, the gall, the chutzpah... to go out into the RW "dressed" in at least some of the wrong clothes.

1) When was the last time out in the RW you received a compliment on your appearance (attire) "dressed" as a man?

2) SAME Q but dressed as a woman. (at least partially)

3) Do you believe your odds go up IF you are attired as a woman?
    1. I can only remember one or two compliments by a woman in male mode, but that's at least 5 years ago

2. Yes, in fact I do get quite many compliments, almost every time I got out as a woman, those compliments come from women and men.

3. See answer 2., yes

can you remember the last time you received a compliment out in the RW, attired as a male?
    Not compliments, but I notice I get more eye contact from women if I'm wearing a suit. A suit makes a guy look like he has a professional career of some sort.

Next, go out wearing a motorcycle jacket to a nice restaurant and check out the way people look at you!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

1) most times
    2) Rarely
    3) Yes

Never an appreciative comment not noted!

As far as plain old human nature you are so incorrect! Nature itself survives due to complimentary beauty and respect!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

The last compliment I received dress as a man. Was one week ago at at a holiday party.

The last time I was complimented while dressed as a female. Was. I don’t remember.

Are the % chance higher dressed as a female to receive a compliment? Yes. Mostly because women offer up compliments to each other as a conversation stater and are just more likely to do it then makes or too makes.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Yes women tend to receive more compliments but that has to do more with the way that society has set up gender roles. It’s ok for women to compliment women. It’s ok for men to compliment women. But men complimenting other men is generally frowned upon due to machismo or homophobia or whatever. Women can’t compliment men because 98% of men take compliments as “she wants to sleep with me”. So yes, women generally experience “compliment culture” more than men do.

Are you saying that your dressing is just a way to fish for compliments?

1: Probably several years? At least in person. The last time someone complemented how I looked in a photo of me as a male was 6 months ago. (I was presenting female at the time, and a friend who had only known me as a woman, for two years, wanted to know what I looked like as a man).

2: Two days ago. I brought my car into an auto repair shop, and one of the ladies in their back office saw me through a window, and took the time to come out to the counter and complement me on what a cute hat I was wearing. I get complements almost every day in female mode. (None since then, because yesterday I wasn’t out much, and today I haven’t yet been out of the house.)

3: Definitely! I am far more likely to get complements on my appearance as a woman. Strangers stop and complement me, even when they have no other reason to interact with me at all! I was recently walking into the parking lot after a medical appointment, and a woman driving past me stopped her car, rolled down her window, and complemented me on the ‘beautiful outfit’ that I was wearing.

I love getting complements. Doesn’t matter who makes them.

I will admit my odds are skewed to female complements now. I have been full time female for over three months. But even before that, in the 4 years that I went out socially mostly as a woman, but also went out as a man, the odds would have been similar. As a male, I would be lucky to get one complement per year, regarding my appearance. Not that I was scruffy, or bad looking... but I was just an unremarkable male, who rarely had a reason to get dressed up and looking my best. But as a woman? Complements flowed freely, and it was common on an evening out that I would get several complements, both on my attire, and on how beautiful I was!
    Last edited by Ceera; 12-05-2018 at 03:50 PM.

The checkout girl at the grocery store the other day dressed as my male self said I have really nice nails for a guy.

I keep them trimmed and clear coated.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    When I dress and go out I'm either dressed to blend and not be noticed or, I dress a little out there and have fun being noticed.
    But, I'm a crossdresser that loves having fun being the female of my latest desire in the situation I want.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

AMy answers.

As a male I get cocmpliments almost every week because i look youger than my age. As a female almost every time I fully dress and go out. But that is fr om a far more restricted population in times of exposure. To me a compliment is just that. they are always appreciated and I try to compliment someone evrey day Being nice get nice.