Thread: Do you have a go bag (and what is in it)?

Do you have a go bag (and what is in it)?

My dressing has gone from secret to revealed (rough tradition and would recommend transparency from the get go) to (grudgingly) open acceptance and slipping back to DADT. Thius, not a lot of time to dress at home. However, I travel a lot and just created a “go bag” that has all I need to be Andrea when traveling. Still sequestered in my hotel room but at least able to relax as Andrea for some of the time.

Do others have a “go bag” and if so what are your essentials to include?

Andrea

I used to have a "go box" when I had to keep my things hidden. It was just the right size to hide behind the spare tire in my car and contained everything I owned.
    It held my lingerie, heels, skirt, blouse and wig.

Thank god I no longer live that way. Everything hangs in my closet or has a place in my lingerie chest (which I built).
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    Andrea,
    When I first started going out I carried a " Stop bag !! " I called it that because it contained male clothes in case of an emergency . I also use to carry spare forms and spare stockings . I never give it a thought now that anything could go wrong , I guess I shouldn't get too complacent .

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    or has a place in my lingerie chest (which I built).
    Cheryl, I would consider building a lingerie chest if it would mean I could put my stuff in it. While I am not very motivated to build furniture, I can't think of anything more motivating then having a lingerie chest for myself if I built it. I shouldn't have to build one for my wife, as she is not into lingerie in the least.

Andrea, like Teresa, the few times I have ventured out, I took a stop bag as well. Male stuff that could save my bacon so to speak. Never really had a go bag for my travels, but I can understand your need or desire for one.
    I just want to be pretty once in a while

At one time I had a suitcase that was used for that purpose. Also had a locked "box" that was in the back of my van. Don't miss those days at all!! But DO Miss some of the outfits that I had at the time--- tho prob would not fit in them now!! Had several lockable trunks with fem stuff in them. Total Freedom now--so don't have to hide anything. Toni G..
    "Seen by Many---Clocked by Any??"
    In the Snowbird Zone

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not a gender change bag LOL but I do have a bug out bag in my SUV.

Gold Member
    Well sort of a to go bag.
    In My suitcase that I use when traveling, I have a few things so I can dress in the hotel room.
    I always under dress, so that stuff is a always packed items.
    Rader

Cheryl

You should post a picture of the lingerie chest. I am also a woodworker. I would love to see it.

Andrea

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I did my first few years dressing, Andrea. But now, 20 years later, I'm out to my live in daughter and travel to MANY T friendly events.

So now, it's travel BAGS! They r suitcases and usually number 4 or more!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My go bag might comprise of a shirt and mens trousers. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I used to keep a "go back" bag with me anytime I went out, in case some emergency occurs and the male me is required to stand up.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Yes I have a go bag, it's actually a small samsonite suitcase. The suitcase is usually packed with these items:

3-4 dresses
    2-4 skirts
    3-5 tops and blouses
    2 pair of heels
    my silicone breast
    2 bras
    1-2 scarfs
    2 belts
    5-10 hoses
    make-up
    2-3 eye lashes
    handbag
    jewelery
    2 jackets
    some underwear

I'm a day person! Flats, short skirt and top in white & tan colours, then 1/2dozen silk scarves so to add colour! I'd be able to wear the same at night though!

Make-up and perfume are in my handbag. Feel as if I need it now actually!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Banned Read only
    All my out of town business trips were overnight stay using my personal vehicle. I just packed what ever I thought I would need into Xerox boxes and put them in my trunk. I had time to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea2656 View Post
    Cheryl

You should post a picture of the lingerie chest. I am also a woodworker. I would love to see it.

Andrea
    Well Andrea, since you asked.
    It stands 49" H x 21" W x 13" D. I made it out of nice 1/2" plywood with solid Oak face frame and drawer fronts. It is currently full.
    You'll notice I'm a bit organizational...LOL. It was built for a smaller area where it once resided. I now need to build a sister unit or just a bigger single

IMG_2214.jpg
    IMG_2215.jpg
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Cheryl

It is really nice! Beautiful work.

Andrea

I used to carry a go bag of male clothes to get in and out of home or in case I needed to change. However I got to a point where I didn't care anymore so I come and go dressed. I may bring a pair of ballet flats if I'm wearing heels.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I don't have a go bag as such but I know pretty well the minimum I would need if traveling and for how long. I do take a bail out bag in my car if out dressed.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Thanks Cheryl for sharing the picture of your woodworking!

As a minimum my bag has lace bralettes, thong panties, and white denim cut-offs.

Yes I have a suitcase with a bit of everything in it to get all glamorous and ready

Pretty in Pink