Thread: Crossdressing has helped me relieve stress as I go through a tough time in life

Crossdressing has helped me relieve stress as I go through a tough time in life

So in the past 2 weeks a lot has happened. First I lost my job, then I got a traffic ticket just a few days later. As if that were not enough, I got into a car accident. Since I lost my job, I suddenly lost any and all interest in crossdressing, I just hadn't given it much thought, and I looked at my stuff and just simply did not care. Before all this, I dressed up every single day.
    Less than 2 weeks later, I got a job lined up and should be starting soon. The very next day, as soon as I strapped on 1 of my bras, I felt good, very good. Even though it had only been 2 weeks, I seemed to have forgotten just how good they felt, and asked myself why I haven't been wearing them of late. It practically almost felt like all or most of the stress had just left my body, and I felt like I was in heaven.

I can empathize. I had a similar experience not long ago. The stress and worry about being out of work made me lose interest in just about everything. Thankfully my unemployment was similarly short lived. I won't soon forget the experience. It's given me a renewed appreciation of all that I have.

Drive safely

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I took advantage of my unemployed period to practice our “craft” (after a period of crying in my coffee). Lemons to lemonade!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

I know how you must feel, after a downer like that it is a great lift to the morale.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Genderblur Francene Lola Dupree's Avatar
    I find dressing is a great stress management tool.

I have a high pressure job (positive pressure that i put on myself to excel) and putting on a dress is like stepping into a realm with out the baggage of my work life. I struggle to switch off when in male mode, and when i'm dressing i have a singular focus on something completely different.

I also use dressing as a motivational tool, i set myself targets and reward myself for achieving with new purchases or extravagant dressing sessions.

Sometimes though, when i'm not achieving or my self-esteem is low, i will completely lose interest in dressing

xXx

Getting another job I’m sure had a lot to do with stress reduction.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I make ridiculously sure that everything else in my non CD life stays solid and intact. The reward is peace of mind and a shameless uber indulgence in girl time.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Gold Member
    I agree, It seems like when ever I put on a skirt or a dress, everything becomes a lot calmer.
    I can relax much easier, much more composed, calmer. Yes I do enjoy my dressing.
    Rader

Platinum Member
    I’m glad to hear you have a job on the near horizon. Stay home, dress as you prefer and look forward to a better 2019!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

So wishing you the best of luck with your new job
    Stay inspired
    Amy

Way to bounce back! They can’t keep a good cross dresser Down!

Similar experience here. Been out of work for nearly a year and the days I've taken the time to get all dressed up have been a huge stress reliever. My real world problems just kind of melt away and I get to be sort of not myself for a bit. Thankfully I'm starting a new job this coming Monday.

Good luck Erin with the new job!