Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why me???

Because it is culturally acceptable for women to generally adopt and demonstrate masculine qualities, while it is far less acceptable for men to demonstrate feminine qualities.

Just another blatant sign of the inequality between the sexes.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not sure I buy the inequality theory but ok you can believe what you want. I have never seen the evidence but women have more latitude to do whatever than men do.
    Deebra there is no use in complaining about "how it should be" because there are so many differences in opinions and you will never please everybody or agree on everything.
    Then again stop complaining and get out there and dress however you want maybe you will change some minds and help the cause or acceptance.
    Kind of like if you don't vote then you have no room to complain about Washington and what goes on there.
    Pretty simple logic actually.

Debra. It's not ",Just clothing" though, is it? The (liberal) male hegemony can allow the female to encroach on their territory (to a degree and as long as it's within limits, c.f. Margaret Thatcher). But to actively and willingly seek to embrace and occupy the space held by the "weaker" cis sex.... well that's a whole different ball game. What we do undermines the whole concept of maleness and as such is seen by both sides of the debate as subversive.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Im not making any judgement on you honestly but Walking down any street deebra,well certainly most of the ones I walk down,I'm not looking at folk and marking them as gay men,lesbians with the certainty you may do.And anyway they have fought to get the acceptance they have these days.Its going to be potentially harder for us crossdressers as being seen as a man in female clothing is of course easier to spot

Have you looked at women in the street and learned from them what you should wear to blend in and get some of the acceptance you,well really most of us crave.I believe that it's getting much better,certainly in my part of the world ,I also think its hard to judge your situation as we've really nothing to go on regarding yourself e.g, age,looks and dress sense etc perhaps you can post a pic,even from neck down and only then perhaps we can judge you better

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Actually, it's hard for me to accept the way some lesbians present themselves. Many people tolerate rather than accept gender bending appearances.

The difference is that men wearing women's clothing are more likely to have fear. Fear of getting beat up by transphobic men! Beating up or harassing women is frowned on in society, so there's nothing to fear with their outrageous presentations.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Life's just not fair!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would like for deebra to post a pic of what she looks like in the clothes she says she can't wear.
    I have worn nothing but womens clothes for 10 years now and why I can do it and she can't leaves me perplexed.
    Others here have done the same as well but Deebra can't why is that?

Aspiring Member
    One thing that concerns me a bit with these threads from Deebra is the general encouragement that there seems to be that Deebra should post a picture. Surely, posting a picture anywhere on this site is the choice of the individual and no one else?

Banned Read only
    Teresa & Traci,
    As I've said before I do not know how to post a pic and that is not important to me to be judged as Teresa asked. Traci congrats on wearing for ten years. The reason you can and I can't is I spent many years in the gym developing my body as a male body builder and it just doesn't go away and turn into a curvy 135 lb. female. Maybe I have just removed your perplexed. I would look like melted ice cream in a skirt and 40D's under a tight blouse SO I do the best I can with jeans and a jacket over B's. I still have a good build, but not a female one. My posts don't necessarily apply directly to me but are of a general nature on issues and subjects that affect us all(CD's). By knowing my limits that allow me to blend I am out there enjoying my feminine inner self and promoting in a way most don't recognize or embarrassing to me.

An old sailor would sign off by saying Fair Winds And Following Seas; I will sign off saying Nice Fitting Bra And Comfortable Panties.

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    Ask the mods if you find it a problem or use the help section to post a picture.

My comments aren't intended to be confrontational but you ask similar questions or make similar statements but it more difficult to truthfully answer if we have nothing to base them on .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I really feel u in this post, deebra. Altho my figure is passable to say the least, my face is not! There's no amount of makeup that can make mine look female.

Which is why it's pointless for me to dress like u do, androgenously. I don't like the way I look trying to blend. And, it would confuse some people. Thinking I was trying to fool them. Maybe wondering if I was gay or an under cover CD? I'd just as soon them know I was old man with a nice figure that knows how to look pretty in a dress. At least from the back!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!