Thread: cD local groups

cD local groups

In Arizona where I'm located, it seems like there isn't many CD groups, but mostly transgender groups. I haven't tried to contact any of the group yet just didn't know if these groups typically welcome in CDs that don't want to necessarily transition. Just would like to eventually meet some people as I don't have anyone to really interact with I'm real life about this side of myself. My mom, sister and a few friends know but don't have much interest. I know I can always just contact and ask the groups myself just inquiring here first , might as well.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Get there contact info and call.
    Joining a trans group is what I did because I am trans but we have quite a few that are just CDs and we all enjoy being friends no matter what path we are on.

Courtney,

The only sure way to know is to ask. Call or email the organiser, explain you're a CD 'er looking to find social contacts and see what comes back.

If it's positive then don't hesitate, go, for at the end of the day that will prove to be the true test.

I wish you well.

No harm in making contact if you dont you will never know if you would have been welcome, if I was you I would contact ( email or telephone) and see what happens, you could just open up new horizons for yourself, good luck and give it a go!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Go for it Courtney, give them all a call. Be candid about yourself, and be willing to explore what they offer.

Karen

In my experience trans groups are absolutely welcoming to everyone, as are LGBTQ groups- they don't ask- they accept you as you are and get on with having a good time together! Sometimes a group is very small so the individual likes and dislikes might sometimes be an issue, but if so, move on!
    We are all beautiful...!

Courtney,

In my experience you are correct in being wary. Contact the group and if that is positive go to one of their meetings/events. You can decide from there if you want to continue with the connection.

I left the group where I live because it went from welcoming all to very "trans" specific. CD's were belittled, ignored and made to feel unwelcome. I called myself the "lone transvestite" who just fades away into the night. The group went from being supporting and socially active to very politically active. If you weren't trans and on the journey to change you weren't welcome. I left.

it seems like there isn't many CD groups,
    Courtney, because you're in an area with a high population there must be a CD group for you. Some of us live in areas so remote that there are none. Maybe one of the local trans group members can direct you to a more suitable group for you.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Courtney, there appears to be 2 Tri-Ess chapters in Phoenix. You might want to google them as that organization is great in facilitating crossdresser needs. Peace, Mel

Melissa's suggestion may be the best, if the local Tri-Was chapter is still alive and active. I will check with our chapter president. She is pretty well aware of the state of all the others.
    Also, as several have suggested, it would not hurt to reach out to the TS groups. You will almost certainly be welcomed.

Linda, That is too bad that you were treated poorly, sometimes people forget where they came from.
    Crissy

Thanks everyone for the support and suggestions love you ladies. I looked up and found the tri ess in Phoenix. I'll muster up the nerve and contact them. I'm nervous but want to break out of my Shell and enjoy life

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have friends just north of me that are Tri ess members and they like it.

Banned Read only
    Courtney,
    Most groups are a cross section , I attend three , only one is partly run by a TS with her partner but they welcome all across the spectrum . They are social groups and not help groups but the fact we can meet up and chat does help us . We also have some great parties , my new avatar was taken at a joint Xmas party with other members of the public .

Silver Member
    Courtney, if you haven't already seen this site, check it out:
    < https://www.meetup.com/topics/crossdressers/us/az/mesa/ >

Welcome to the Snowbird Zone, Courtney! There WAS a tri-ess grp out hr on the "east side" some time ago--but been defunct for some time. The phx grp is still active. Most of any activities are out in the West Valley. Have checked the "meet-up" thing--- but leery of that for security issues. Toni G..
    "Seen by Many---Clocked by Any??"
    In the Snowbird Zone

Courtney,

I have attended two groups, and I would say yes. Either one would accept you.

What is comes down to is personalities.

This is why I no longer attend the one close to me.

It is also Why given a chance I will attend the one in Vegas again.

I urge you make the first contact.

You don't have to feel obliged to join.

If the answer is positive, go for it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean 103 View Post
    What is comes down to is personalities.
    Yes. Groups are made up of individuals and the group as a whole reflects each of their personalities. But there are also rules and guidelines that may or may not work everybody. I'm lucky to have ended up with a fun group of CDs that meet once a month!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I found these two on meetup.com

https://www.meetup.com/senzapelo/

https://www.meetup.com/Arizona-Transgender/

I'm in a several LGBT meetup groups locally, and they are great for me. YMMV.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

About 5 years ago I reached out to a local LGBT group. It went all wrong. They were totally involved with the Rainbow federation and electing new officers within their own group. I was welcomed then ignored. Never went back. Never got any call backs.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    Yes. Groups are made up of individuals and the group as a whole reflects each of their personalities. But there are also rules and guidelines that may or may not work everybody. I'm lucky to have ended up with a fun group of CDs that meet once a month!

I don’t want to offend anyone here.

It's more about me then them

This is a support group that meets once a week. Being it is a support group it is just that, not a social group going out to dinner. (Not that there is anything wrong will that)

As far as the group itself? I feel it should be a model for all groups.

They are all good people, here’s the thing. Still it comes down to individual personalities.

I don’t and didn’t need to go there when I started attending the meetings. I had already transitioned socially.

For me it comes down to the moderator that runs the meeting. The previous person I absolutely loved a FTM. He is the reason I continued to attend. He moved, you in Boston are truly blessed to now have this person among your ranks.

The current person, well, life’s too short, I’ll leave it at that. Still that being said, if I needed to go I would.
    Last edited by Jean 103; 12-15-2018 at 10:35 AM.

I agree Jean ^. The moderator's personality and guidelines sets the tone for the group.

We have monthly in meetings with the option to go out with others on weekends. I consider ours a social and support group. If someone needs to talk about issues we talk about them. If not, we just hang out.

Courtney would be most welcome if she were in our neighborhood.