Thread: Crossdressing as Penny (Big Bang Theory)

Crossdressing as Penny (Big Bang Theory)

Hi, I'm a 25 year old guy, and I'm planning on crossdressing as Penny from the Big Bang Theory.

I was wondering if any of you would like to give me some tips on what I should put on to make me look like her? What would be the most fitting outfit (what type of clothes, hair style, cup size,…)? I am familiar with the show, but it’s really hard to choose a good outfit, since she has so many clothes and hair styles to choose from. If you could give me some suggestions here or put some links to some of her outfits, that’d be really helpful! X

Also one more question, should I also wear lingerie underneath, even though no one there will get to see it?

Thanks!

FWIW, my favorite vision of her is in that little black dress. If you think you can carry it off. She's been one of my favorites ever since the '8 simple rules' days.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Make it a little harder Jess! Pennies character in that show is plain yet portrayed as bimboesque., Can it be reproduced? not by the best of us!

Comfy underwear is best, lingerie no, floral (YES)? your call!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKdicgafuAo
    Big Bang Theory--Girls Night Out

Reality Check
    If you can pull off her character and body, you're a better crossdresser than most of us. If you want to try, just watch the show and pick out a favorite outfit. Go from there.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    You want us to tell you how to dress like Penny on Big bang? You sound like you have never watched the show?

Frankly I like the "early Penny" when she predominantly wore tank tops with visible but color coordinated bra straps and shorts.

Most actors and actresses are tiny people (not sure why, maybe because they say TV adds 20 pounds) but I am guessing she is a 34B/C at the largest.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 12-06-2018 at 02:51 PM.

If you are doing it for a party wear lingerie.

Somebody will want to look.

I would wear it anyway.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Any outfit with high heels (she doesn´t wear much).

But please, please, don´t use that short hair she had, I believe in eighth season!!

Kisses

Patricia

Banned Read only
    I agree with Patricia, I hated short hair Penney.

In fact I hate that they basically changed her characters appearance from "sexy and casual" to "up tight and frumpy" after her engagement to Lenard.

Then they had a story line later about how Penney felt Lenard had "let himself go" and wasn't trying hard enough anymore. Seriously? LOL
    Last edited by Robertacd; 12-06-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It sounds like you have never crossdressed or watched the TV show.

There was the episode where she had bought a new pair of heels with her rent money. I think it is in the same one that she borrowed money from Sheldon.

She is gorgeous, but I don’t see any great fashion statement. And I love the show.

Cup size, she used to be tiny at the beginning then must have got plastic surgery to be something like a 34C or D

Pretty in Pink

Reality Check
    I would have better luck trying to look like Maude!
    Krisi

If I were dress as penny for halloween or something, it would probably be her cheesecake factory uniform that she wore on many episodes (but isn't really the uniform for the cheesecake factory). And lingerie is your call.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    BTW...speaking of Penny......
    Kaley Cuoco actually has somewhat narrow hips and wider shoulders for a female.
    However, she carries herself very well and most do not seem to notice that.

It's something to think about if you do not have the classic hourglass female figure.
    All one needs is a reasonable female shape body and a passable female face to blend in with the general public when dressed totally female.... without anyone giving you a second look
    I do it frequently.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 12-07-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thank u, Marion. I've never watched the show so had no clue about Penny until I watched that video!

Someone said one of my recent photos I posted looked like her?
    Happy to help!

P1310896 (546x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Hmmm, the Penny character doesn’t have the obvious and elaborate look like Bernadette or Amy that folks could recognize right off the bat. You could be spot on with your costume and you probably still have to explain that you are Penny from the big bang theory, where as Amy and Bernadette rarely needs the explaining.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    FWIW, my favorite vision of her is in that little black dress. If you think you can carry it off. She's been one of my favorites ever since the '8 simple rules' days.
    Are you referring to the dress from the video that Maid_Marion mentioned above?

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    You want us to tell you how to dress like Penny on Big bang? You sound like you have never watched the show?

Frankly I like the "early Penny" when she predominantly wore tank tops with visible but color coordinated bra straps and shorts.

Most actors and actresses are tiny people (not sure why, maybe because they say TV adds 20 pounds) but I am guessing she is a 34B/C at the largest.
    I have watched it but like I mentioned she seems to have many different styles, like the 'early look'. Any of those that stand out to you? Yes a 34c seems about right

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    Hmmm, the Penny character doesn’t have the obvious and elaborate look like Bernadette or Amy that folks could recognize right off the bat. You could be spot on with your costume and you probably still have to explain that you are Penny from the big bang theory, where as Amy and Bernadette rarely needs the explaining.
    I know, that's one reason why I came here to ask advice. Although the cheesacake factory outfit may be more recognizable

Here is one of Bernadette's unforgettable looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7ylpEdYkCo
    The Big Bang Theory - Bernadette in a beauty pageant

Yeah it's prettybut it's definitely Penny I'm after

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Penny with short hair just seems wrong.LOL

I'm not a big fan of celebrity so I wouldn't attempt something like this generally. As for Halloween well I'll maybe just go out en femme and not make an effort to even blend.
    (Still in my 1st year... At 47 😒 )