Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did You Try on Any of HER CLOTHES before She Knew you liked to Crossdress

Did You Try on Any of HER CLOTHES before She Knew you liked to Crossdress

I am still deep in the closet with my loving wife and have always worried that if I told her or got caught the subject would come up about me trying on some of her Dresses and Lingerie. We are very close to the same size, so yes in the beginning I did alot of this. I have bought her lots of lingerie over the years as gifts so I am worried this might become an issue.

So what i am asking is at anytime did the fact that you had tried on Her things without asking become an issue ?

Was she upset that she realized the Lingerie you bought her was as more for you than for her ?

Were their specific things she no longer wanted to wear as a result of you wearing them and did she destroy them or give them away

My wife's clothing is pretty much child sized compared to mine. Not a chance in hell.
    On the other hand, I have looked (but not tried) other girlfriends clothing through the years.
    Last edited by oh to be rachel; 12-06-2018 at 12:26 PM. Reason: typo

Hi

That issue didn't really come up with my Wife. I am slim but much taller and broader than she is so I never tried. I can fit into a UK size 12 skirt so in theory they would fit but dresses are way too small for me. I don't think she would ever suspect I would want to wear her clothes.

If you are planning on telling her that you crossdress then I would start by writing a letter that you can read out to her. That way you can make sure you put in everything you want to say and, more importantly, how you want to say it. I spent a few weeks putting my letter together before telling her. Another advantage of having a letter is that if you start to cry like I did, you can let her finish it. Make sure you read it to her yourself though if you can rather than giving it to her and leaving for work. ;-)

I would be as honest as you can with her. I personally don't think its necessary to divulge every detail if you think is going to blow up out of proportion. I didn't tell my wife I gave myself a name just because I read that sometimes that can be difficult for them to get their head around me having a female name so I just said I didn't have one yet.

I read a lot about peoples experiences and wearing your wife's clothes did seem to cause a lot of problems. It might be better to tell her about your crossdressing first and try and avoid the subject for as long as you can about wearing her clothes if you decide to tell her everything.

Hope that helps and good luck!
    Shelley
    xx

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No. I never even thot about that!

I never would secretly try on a girl friend or wive's clothes! With the countless second hand stores where I live, why would I take a chance of her finding out?

Besides, if I liked the item, I'd want to wear it again!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    In the early days I wore a few of my wife's things but soon decided I would be better off with my own stuff, besides which my style has always been somewhat different to hers. Now I don't even so much as have a spray of her perfume.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Yes, but that was a secondary issue to the fact that I liked to crossdress.

Yes I use to. But now have numerous articles if clothing and shoes etc. however she has borrowed my stuff more the a few times.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    No! Honesty from the start!

My next older sister tho....

She knew all along, so the short answer to your question in the title is no. It's kind of a weird thing, though, that speaks to how difficult this can be to talk about. She freely shared everything with me early on. Despite that, I sometimes still felt the need to not tell her if I dressed when she was not around. If I had asked, or just told her what I was going to wear and where I was going it would have been fine with her. I didn't lie about it, I just didn't offer up information as freely as I should have. I soon had my own clothes and rarely borrowed from her.

The only time I remember her not wearing something she knew I'd worn was many years in. She was going through a phase of really appearing to be accepting and encouraging. We were shopping together and she found a dress that she really liked that was pretty expensive for a "party dress" that she knew she'd only wear a time or two. We were the same size, so she said we could share it to help justify the expense. We'd probably been married for 20 years at that time and this was the only time I can remember that she bought something specifically for us to share. I was ecstatic, of course. I loved the dress and the fact that it was something for both of us to wear made it about 10 times more awesome! A couple of weeks later she hung it over on my side of the closet. When I asked her about it she said, "I don't want it. I thought I could do it and I tried, but I don't want to wear anything that you wear." I told her she should keep it for herself, but she said didn't want it because it was bought for us to share.

She really did try. I could write a book about all the ways and times she tried. Bad as I hate the way things turned out, I have to admit that I get it.

I did wear it. I probably shouldn't have, knowing the story behind it, but I did. I've said on this forum before that I used to allow myself a couple of times a year to wear something out that was too short, too tight, too low cut, too sparkly. This was one of those dresses. Probably at least partially because of all the back story, I was always super excited/nervous/scared when I wore it. I had heels to match that were higher and thinner than I usually wore, too. I told her at least the first time I wore it, and immediately thought I should have kept that to myself.

Silver Member
    Admittedly, yes I have, but do not do so after coming out to her. Well once on a while, just a quick look see. And I did appropriate an item or too she was getting rid of.

Of course, she bristles at my sharing hers, and won't wear my girl stuff. But she did appropriate a couple of my girl things, some of my guy things, and has no qualms about borrowing a sweatshirt, jacket, occasional shirt or jacket. And loans me a jacket and a piece of jewelry from time to time. Really depends on intent, mood, alcohol or the phase of the moon.

Not much, no. Most of my wife’s stuff would not fit me. She was nearly a foot shorter, and a bit smaller in the chest and shoulders, not taking her DD boobs into account. I did try on a few of her bras, but her band size on non sports bras was about 2” too tight for my comfort. I could get them on, but it was not worth wearing. She wore unisex t-shirts and sweatshirts far more often than blouses or full dresses, and the few feminine blouses or dresses she had never would have fit my shoulders. She also had a few elastic waist or knit skirts or knit dresses that I could have worn, and did try on, but most were not to my taste anyway. Never bought anything “for her”, while secretly intending it to sometimes be used by me. Never let my wife know I had tried on any of her clothes. Nothing my daughter wore at the time would have fit me.

For me, the time between when I first started covertly underdressing, and when my wife knew I was preferring to wear silky bikini panties under my male attire, was short - maybe four months. I started underdressing in public (and heavily closeted full dressing when at home and alone) when I was in my 50’s, after my father died. After keeping it totally secret that I was underdressing with panties for several months, I allowed my wife (and soon after that our teen daughter) to see my non-lacy, solid color bikini briefs in our laundry, and I began openly wearing them when I dressed or undressed. Both wife and daughter accepted my explanation that very similar bikini briefs used to be marketed to men in the 70’s, when I was in high school, and were considered sexy and stylish at the time. I said I found them more comfortable now than what I could find in the mens section. Both statements were true, but I did not admit to them that I also had lacy panties and thongs and a small gym bag containing few other types of female clothes, (blouse, skirt, heavily padded bra, shoes, very cheap wig, and even one corset), which I tried on occasionally, and only when they were both out of the house. I was fairly certain that would have lit the fuse on a powder keg! My wife’s reply was along the lines of, “Well... okay... But don’t wear mine.” That was fine with me, as her preferred panties were bland, high-waisted, white cotton briefs. Daughter just shrugged and did not care. Sadly, my wife passed away only a few months later, of a very premature and unexpected heart failure. And it was not until after she was gone that I shaved my beard and started to consider buying more feminine outerwear, real breast forms and a wig that did not come from a Halloween store, and the other stuff needed to go out in public and pass for female.

What is funny is that, after my wife died, I was able to come out fully to my daughter, (18 at the time), and she was 100% accepting - even of me going out in public, or being bisexual and possibly dating men as well as women. And today, with her in her early 20’s, my daughter often borrows my blouses, skirts or even panty hose and tights! We often shop for clothes together, and in several cases my daughter and I have agreed on clothing items we plan to share.
    Last edited by Ceera; 12-08-2018 at 11:47 AM.

No. Crossdressing was literally a revelation to me when I put on one of my wife’s bras. I told her the next day.

Michelle

With my current wife no, she is at least three sizes below me.
    But I did wear some of my late wife's clothing. Inevitably she caught me and I was ordered to remove the item, at once. It was a denim skirt but what had most upset her was that she had put on some weight, post child birth, and the skirt was too small for her. Got all my own stuff after that.

I wear some of my wife’s clothes. But she knows about it and even suggests some to complement Amanda’s look. Not all
    of her clothes fit me but enough do and we played “who wears it better” a few times. I do not take or try her clothes without asking first though. I think that is a bit disrespectful. But I also understand that some gurls here are in DADT relationships or worse.

My advice - try getting your own outfits instead of risking stretching or damaging your SO’s clothes. Unless she knows and approves of you taking her stuff, you are risking damaging the relationship and trust. Plus, sooner or later your SO will likely notice that something is off and her clothes fit her differently. Lol

I have to admit that I did and she noticed,

No, I didn't. In fact, at the time of getting to know my future wife, and her me, I was taking a break from dressing. I told her about my interests which took her some time to process, and many open discussions afterwards. Ultimately she revamped my wardrobe, and the only time I've worn anything of hers is when she handed it to me.

I never did because she knew from the outset and I had my own clothes anyway.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I went out with a girl my size and she let me wear her lingerie and now I just by my own

I never had a desire to crossdress until early this year. I found a blouse that my wife discarded and wore it while doing some housework (she was at her job). Did that with that blouse off and on for several weeks, I was going to talk it over with my wife, but was spending the time trying to figure it out. THOUGHT I had it tucked away well enough in my dresser, but herself found it and we had a long and meaningful talk. Well, here I am. Here we are. Rest is history.

No I always had my own hidden away, my wife is tall but I am much broader up top. Used to hide my clothes in the back of my closet thinking I was safe but was I? I think deep down I wanted her to find it so there would be no secrets about my dressing. So when she was looking for some extra hangers she found some dresses and slips. Her question to me was who is she. I had been married 36 years at that point so when I told her it was me I thought that was the end of a great marrage. To my surprise after a week of conversations she has become my biggest supporter ( now married 39 years and going strong).

No, I've never worn any of my wife's clothes except for the time that I briefly tried on a pair of her panties that she handed to me to try. That's when we found out that we wore the same size, and it was the day that I officially switched to wearing panties full time.

Now I did try on a few of my ex-wife's things, but she was considerably larger than me and none of her things came close to fitting properly.

Yes, I have and sometimes still do!

When I came out to my wife that was one question she never asked because I think she knew the answer anyway and didn’t want to hear it out loud. She would be possessive of her things, I know, but the dresses! (Insert Pink Fog here)

Although she is more petite than me, my stash is partly built ona few items that she had in a give away bag that fit me.

That being said, I’m pretty happy with my own things these days and don’t need to try on her things (again). The only time I do now is when she’s bought a lot of new items and they are in the “maybe I’ll keep, maybe return” pile. At that point I don’t really view them as ‘hers’ yet. (insert pink fog here)

Yes, I have done that and not told her as I don’t think she’d like it. I feel bad about it as it seems dishonest. I have a rule of thumb that anything I can’t tell me wife, I shouldn’t be doing. It’s a good rule but not perfect. .on the other hand, she has given me panties that don’t fit her.

Yes and not anymore, we have established ground rules I am putting together my own wardrobe. Sue is not exactly on board but understanding, we do talk and she is very respectful in allowing me the space I need.

Did You Try on Any of HER CLOTHES before She Knew you liked to Crossdress?

Umm, if I told you I would have to shoot you.

As for your other questions, she doesn't know, or at least pretends that she doesn't know.

When we first got married, we were about the same size. She expanded into larger sizes and I didn't.

I don't "dress and tell."
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.