Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did You Try on Any of HER CLOTHES before She Knew you liked to Crossdress

Not gonna happen! She is a XS and I am a L/XL, XXL on top if I add boobs!

Aspiring Member
    My wife's things are too small for me, except her panties, but her choice in that department is not for me.
    My first wife and I were closer in size. She often wore some of my panties "by mistake", so I did the same with her's.
    As for other clothes, I did occasionally wear some of those without her knowledge, but they were only the things that she never wore any longer.
    I would never have worn any of her current clothes without her permission.

Well my wife has pretty much stolen some of my stuff, like sweaters and shirts, so yes she is the same size almost, she is just slightly smaller but not by much, maybe 1”
    And yes in the beginning i have, she was about to get rid of a couple dresses and I liked them along with a shirt I’m actually wearing now.C8C820A8-9F65-44DA-9530-6F64940E8237.jpg

Pretty in Pink

I did exactly what you said, tried on many of her dresses and underwear. When I told her she hated it and the first rule was do not do it again.

Buying her underwear she did accuse me of buying stuf for myself, which she didnt like, but it wasnt true.

Depends on the person as to how they will react, and even though I am guilty myself there is no excuse for wearing her stuff without permission. Pink fog seems to override rational behaviour and makes us selfish (does to me anyway).

Yes, in the beginning I wore some of my wife clothes. She still complains about me stretching out a pair of heels she had many many years ago.

Now I have my own clothes and rarely try on her stuff. She's forbidden me from touch certain dresses since I may stretch them out of shape. I'm somewhat larger than my wife.

I've always had my own lingerie and never bought my wife things hoping I could wear it.

My wife wears black! the only black I wear is on my face! Her clothes could never reach my colour standard!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

During the cold snap* of November/December 2010 my wife lent me a pair of her tights, which I enjoyed far too much and may well have set an unstoppable (pink) force in motion. I'll admit I did try on a few of her things after that before starting my own 'wardrobe' (a.k.a. bin bag in roof) but it never felt right. It did, however, help work out what sizes were likely to fit me. She has some dresses which I love (and fit me) but would never be able to find to buy now. I also view bags of clothes ready to go to charity as fair game so will be keeping an eye out

(* We had temps down to -18C and didn't get above freezing for 2-3 weeks, which is rare even for the NE of the UK. I appreciate this may seem quite balmy for some other locations.)

Reality Check
    Yes, I tried on (and wore) my wife's clothes before she knew I liked to crossdress. I paid for them, why should I not wear them?
    Krisi

First off, I love Krisi's response about we bought them so we should be able to wear them

Before my wife knew I did wear a few of her things. Then when she tried to donate clothes she didn't want, I would go through her donations and take a few of the things I liked and would put them in with her clothes in totes for other seasons (that way if they were found I could just say that I liked them on her and didn't want her to donate them). I would wear these items the most since they almost felt like mine since she didn't want them anymore. She tried to get rid of my favorite jean skirt 3 times and never caught on until I told her about my dressing last January and revealed I did this.

After I told her she said I could wear anything of hers unless it was special for some reason (so about 2% of her wardrobe was off limits). She was mad that I tried on her wedding dress (didn't fit well anyways). She bought us a petticoat to share though she has never worn it (not really her thing anyways). But now that I am out to here I prefer to stick to my new wardrobe anyways

And I still go through her donations (and the mother-in-laws, but she is losing weight and her old clothes are too big for both us but make free good material for my skirt sewing hobby).

Platinum Member
    When my wife and I were first married she was petite; a 34B. She is five foot two, although she will argue for an extra inch. I am six foot which is down from six foot one. I'll argue for an extra half inch. I wore a 42 Tall suit jacket. The size difference made it impossible. However, being a newly married guy and not knowing anything about lingerie I bought her a white peignoir gown. It swam on her. One night when I went for a glass of water in the kitchen I slipped into the nylon gown because I loved (still do) nylon. She awoke and found me standing there in her gown. Wha? I told her the truth that I loved the feel of the nylon. She knew nothing of men who liked to wear women's clothing. It started a period of bedroom kinky sex; nylon gowns and hosiery. It had benefits for her. Call it fetish sex. Anyway, when things progressed on my part and she became knowledgeable about cross dressing or at least was confused about my desires, she shut down on the idea. I will admit I tried to get her at least to buy me nylon panties. I suppose in retrospect it was a ploy to try to get her to accept me as a way for me to accept myself. One birthday for myself I convinced her to go to Mervyn's with me and buy panties. She shook like a leaf in a windstorm. I realized then it was spousal abuse to try to compel her to do something she did not agree with. It all led to cross dressing to be a private affair. She did encourage me to find a support group for an outlet, but, in the early 1980's there were none in our area.

Last year she was cleaning out the back of her side of the closet and was donating all those lovely gowns she wore when she was petite. In the pile was the white peignoir I had bought her. She casually said I should take anything I wanted. She knew I would never fit into anything other than the white gown. I did keep it and freshened it up. It is now in my armoire.

I told my wife before we got married so I guess the point is moot. I did ask before wearing anything of hers and she did hand me down some items that she didn't want. We were both pretty close in size, so if she bought something and she decided that she didn't like it, I had first dibbs before she returned it. Then again there were things that I bought for my self.

Wife didn't have any of those reactions you mention. At the beginning I had just lingerie and sexy stuff that was impossible to go out, except for clubbing so I mainly tried her stuff. Then once she saw me wearing one if her pants told me that I could stretch out and tear of because my butt is bigger than hers but she has the hips and thicker tight so then she saw me in her dresses and tops and was no complain. After a while we could go to shopping and I could choose things for me and she try them knowing are buying for me or sometimes for both. Other times I buy stuff for me and she likes them and we share, so now our closet has more variety because she was too traditional and I add some younger, fresh taste.
    Only complain was a couple of times i stain with make up a top. She almost doesn't wear make up.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

My wife is a lot smaller than me so I could never try anything on but, when I got busted about my cross-dressing secret two years ago by leaving my sz 13 pumps out she freaked.

She asked if I wore about and I said I used hers, ever since then she hides it away every day, she was not happy about it.

The truth is, I had my own make up but if I told her she would have made me throw it out. You know how expensive makeup is.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 12-07-2018 at 10:59 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Yes. We share.

I have been dressing since I was a teen. Never had anything of my own until I was married 10 years. Before my wife knew, I would wear some of her things. We're close to the same size so it all worked out for me. I used to buy her lingerie and she would hardly ever wear it for me. One day we were kinda arguing about her not wearing the lingerie. I went and put some on and said if you're not going to wear it then I will. She liked it. Though it was fun. That's when I told her I liked to dress up. I told her I would wear her things when I was home alone and she didn't get mad. Since then I have gotten many things on my own. She helps me shop sometimes and we pick things out. I had bought myself a nice dres one time and then she saw it she claimed it for her's. No problem. We now occasionally still trade some things because we're still close to the same size. Recently we went to JC penny's and we bought four dresses for me. She really likes one of them and borrows it from me to wear to her work. I've tried to put it on her side of the closet for her but she keeps putting it on my side. She told me she will wear it when she want but it's mine. She will also buy shoes for me. I'm only about a half size larger so when we shop and I have her try the ones I like on and she picks a pair that are a little loose for her. She's great. I love her so much. 💁🏻
    Connie

No, she knew first. I met my wife in 1979, and on about our third date she asked me what I want to do.
    I decided that I should find out if she was going to accept my dressing, so I asked if I could try on some of her things. She said yes, picked out a couple things, and helped me get dressed up. Now almost 40 years later, she is still my wife.
    Stephanie

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    That's the way to do it Steph Watch and learn people, watch and learn.

Banned Read only
    For all the No's come on now, when you were curious about what it felt like to wear sexy girl underwear and she was away and her bras and panties were right there, you didn't try them on and put them back for here not to notice? Hey Pinocchio your nose is starting to grow.

I never tried on my wife's clothing, as she was never a "girly girl" and her profession kind of dictated that she only wore pants and tops ... never dresses, and every party function was always an issue because she had "nothing to wear". But I came with my own wardrobe of lingerie and dresses, so there wasn't a need to "borrow" from her. Now, on the other hand, we are much older now, and after children, she has started borrowing several of my dresses that are stretch form fitting and they work well on her, so she now wears my dresses exclusively !

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Yes, I did wear my wife's clothes before I came out to her. She was bigger in the bottom than me, so I would wear undies that she didn't wear as they were too small for her. She had some old stretched bras that I would wear also. She was and is still bit of a clothes packrat and that helped me stay below the radar. Now all of my CD clothes are mine, she helps me shop when I want, or ask for any help. I spend more money than her on lingerie, own more skirts, and between the two of us wear any hosiery 99% more often.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Yes, when I was deep in the closet, I tried on her cloths for sizing purposes. Now since the door has been open, I shop for myself.

Yes i have tried her clothes on. We are not the same size in dresses as im taller broader shoulders. Before i came clean to her. It didnt come up when i told her i like dressing i think she had an idea though. I dont any more i have plenty of my own now.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Hi Robbiegirl…

My wife - then girlfriend - knew of my dressing desires about 3 months after we began dating so no chance for me to wear anything of hers. I had my own small wardrobe at home and that was enough.

Indeed, my desires to dress would propel me to gladly shop for various clothing gifts for my wife but also shop for myself along the way. Yes, we were similar size so it was easy to buy multiple items with the internal monologue of "2 for her, 1 for me" kind of deal. I certainly loved to find her lingerie, blouses, skirts and the rare dress or two and did ok with sizing, styles and colours. (I purchased so much over a 3 years span from a particular local lingerie store that I became a preferred customer.) All said, however, the lingerie I picked for her was only for her and not for me to borrow. I had my own.

Where this actually backfired one day is when my wife somehow stumbled on a skirt I had stashed away. It was the same skirt and size that I had purchased for her a couple years prior but in a different colour, something for me to wear. That's when she felt a bit hurt and made the quiet accusation/assumption that I only purchased for her because it allowed me to shop for myself or wear her things. She asked how many other things of hers did I duplicate (there were actually no others but that was not the point.) After that moment it seemed that she ceased to wear a few things as she simply felt that I was wearing the same and that was not a good feeling for her. I guess it just makes her think of me wearing them instead and that's something she just does not want to think about. Ultimately it did not matter that I would purchase things for her to wear exclusively - not for me to give to her and secretly borrow - and while it is not a major issue it did have a negative impact but we worked through it. She simply boxed up the items and has not touched them since (to my knowledge.) I donated my version of the skirt shortly afterwards.

Maybe we could compare it to a somebody who likes to go places and do things with you largely or entirely because they really just like to be seen in your cool car or because you even let them drive it on occasion. Fun if you don't catch on, a bit hurtful if you learn the truth. However, I suppose it's quite possible that somebody would be offended and deeply hurt. After all, you're borrowing without permission.

I have always shared the truth with her when she wanted to know something. We then had a healthy opportunity to discuss and move forward. Not always comfortable but better than the alternatives. I hope that you can find ways to eventually share all that you wish to with you wife.

Yes.5678
    Last edited by Patience; 12-27-2018 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Aiming for concision.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Hello Robbiegirl,
    yes I did try on some of my wife's clothes when she was away once. She probably does not know that; but it made me realise that I had to but my own clothes.
    luv J

I told her that I wanted to try dressing at the get go. I did try some of her things on after that and she instantly knew. She did give me a few things she was getting rid of, but has never bought me any clothing, except for some ear tings.