Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Site and Facebook

This Site and Facebook

I love this site and I sometimes feel like it is the facebook of crossdressers. I enjoy reading posts of what others are doing in their CD life. Eventhough I have not physically met you, I feel I know you on some level. I wonder if you all feel the same way. As I have not had much opportunity lately to be Sabrina, I can vicariously dress! Today, I am Sabrina and it feels so lovely. Unfortunately the nail polish comes off tonight and tomorrow it's back to "normal."
    Love, Sabrina

That's my life, back and forth. Everyday.

I know what you are saying. This is a community of people with something in common.

I have strict rule on FB, all my friends are people I have first met face to face. So they are my accrual friends.

Thanks. I sure know the feeling of the double life.

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    Ah yes the double life. My only problem is I'm not sure if I'm really him but sometimes her or if I'm really her but most of the time pretending to be him?
    She's figured out all her doubts were someone else's point of view (She greenday)

Sabrina,

What is normal?

Be who you are. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not so double life here more than half of my friends know all about me.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrinaedwards View Post
    I love this site and I sometimes feel like it is the facebook of crossdressers. I enjoy reading posts of what others are doing in their CD life. Eventhough I have not physically met you, I feel I know you on some level. I wonder if you all feel the same way. As I have not had much opportunity lately to be Sabrina, I can vicariously dress! Today, I am Sabrina and it feels so lovely. Unfortunately the nail polish comes off tonight and tomorrow it's back to "normal."
    Love, Sabrina
    That's so nice Sabrina. I often say to myself "oh I must check what the girls are up to". This site is the first time in my life I've thought of a bunch of people as "the girls" and included myself mentally in that list. It's a nice feeling.

Just think of it this way - you don't have to have a dress on to be Sabrina. She's always there, regardless of what you're wearing. And here with us

I quit Facebook year or so ago and Don regret it. This site so so much better!

I’m off Facebook and pretty negative about social media as it can divide people. I think this site works in part because of a common interest and also because it is curated. Nastiness, politics and such are not tolerated here. Facebook would have been better off if it had some rules and oversight.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I am on Facebook but only for hobby forums that interest me, and I ignore all friend requests. On this forum however I do feel like part of the 'community', and have made some good friends, even though we may never meet (though I hope I am wrong in that respect). Right now I am enduring a forced absence from dressing, but being here does help to relieve the situation a little.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Platinum Member

All Over The World !

Hi Sabrina , It is amazing that we can so many like minded friends
    all over the world with just a click of the mouse! >Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I am friends on Facebook with a few girls I first corresponded on here with from the U.S. and elsewhere,it's great to make friends like this from other parts of the world

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    I have my real name on Facebook to avoid someone setting it up for me and pretending to be me. I go days and often weeks between even looking at Facebook and rarely ever post there.

I do check here often, but only login about 10% of the time.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sherry has her own FB Page. And, I don't find the 2 sites similar at all!

Except for my real life T friends and accepters there, I find most FB communications quite shallow! Conversations here r much deeper, thot provoking, and informative than on FB!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Facebook ìs my means of keeping in touch with my family and friends and has no CD content.

Facebook is a marketing machine. Think about... if you don't pay to use it and the founder in a very rich man .. Where did the money come from.... Facebook is not our friend....

Why compare to another site Saby?

Our honesty and feelings will most likely pour out here as we are CD.com!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Sabrina, there is no way that you can compare this site to FB. Both totally different animals.
    Now like Diane, I use fb to view a couple of interest groups, (both wildlife related), and actively delete all friend requests, or suggestions.
    Kaye

Platinum Member
    What's Facebook?????

Sabrina,

Yes, I can see the comparison with FB but ultimately this site is thankfully much better. As it's been said, even though we may not have met in person, the eloquence of writing, the way people here express their thoughts, opinions and feeling gives us all an insight into them as a person.

Our strengths and frailties are laid out for others to see in a way you don't encounter of FB. Here you'll find a level of honesty not found on FB and also a lot less trivia about cat's, dogs and idiots falling off roofs.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    What's Facebook?????
    Ah Stephanie, I know the answer to that despite not having an account myself. From research it seems that Facebook is a website where normal everyday decent people open an account and then they magically get transformed into judge, jury and executioner and start to assess anyone and everyone to see if they are worthy or not and all the time some young bloke who stole the idea gets billions of dollars every minute. I think that's it

Platinum Member
    Oh, is that like Twitter?

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Yes Stephanie, only that's without the crazy rich individual

Nice to meet the Edwards sisters here, Sabrina and Natalie. You weren't sibling rivals, were you?
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

No ads on this site. I dumped FB a while ago. Too many privacy issues and I found them working not for the people but for other companies.