Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Site and Facebook

Increasing disaffected with FB. Here you know you're part of a community of like minded individuals. Whereas FB is 1/6 of the planet. It's a no brainer. That said, FB is responsible for the "idea" of an online community or forum of like minded people, and so, for that at least, I'm still a member.

I use Facebook all the time and it's fine as long as you remember that it's all fake. Think of it as a public shop window that you have the job of maintaining for the amusement of friends & acquaintances, but also that random weirdos wander past all the time. You'd never put anything in that shop window that you wouldn't be happy for the weirdos to stop and gawk at as they drag their knuckles down the street. And Facebook is the same. Pictures of cats, cartoons, jokes, photos of you with that big fish, shiny happy people on vacation, all fine. Real insights into your personal life, hopes and dreams? No.

On this site people share their lives and experiences to try to help themselves and others. That's a whole other thing.

Eemz your right there.

I go on FB to pass the time, mainly I share funny pet memes and occasional selfies, also dropping hints that I like crossdressing. It just a bit of entertainment for me.
    Stay inspired
    Amy