Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long distance walking in heels

Red face Long distance walking in heels

I am trying to improve my ability in walking long distances in heels.
    Working all day long at home( standing,walwing,sitting) in 6 inches is now ok for me.
    Walking outside on uneven surfaces as we can often find in cities if totally different.
    My last attempt was quite successful. 2 times on the same day one hour in 5 inches Oxford Cuban heels.
    Calf muscles ,ankles,feet balls a little tired but not as much I was anxious about.
    I find slopes more difficult going up than down.
    Do you have similar experiences?

Pierre,

It's a bit like an athlete preparing for a long distance race. It takes hours of training.

In truth, not many GG's can be seen wearing 6" heels in situations where they're going to be required to spend lenghty amounts of time walking around and let's face it, they tend to be more practiced in the art.

For me, 1 1/2" - 2" heels are as high as I'd go if out shopping for any lenght of time.

Same for me Helen. 2-1/2 is my limit.

I just bought a pair of black western style booties with a 2" heel from Cato.

I was shopping at Walmart and had to walk across the store to get something.
    Even though they are comfortable I had to reduce my stride a bit.

Andrea

Women's hiking shoes typically have a 1 to 2 inch heel. And quite comfortable, in my opinion. But, they are designed for long distance use, rather than as a fashion statement.

According to Amazon the Keen Voyageur mid has 2 inch heels and gets great reviews. 4.5 out of 5 based on 440 reviews.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 12-09-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Unless you’re talking about 5-6” heels on 2-3” platforms, I think we’ve found your problem. Heels that high aren’t meant for walking all day. Those are eveningwear and are really generally only meant to be worn for a few hours and not with extensive walking. Try something in the 3” range. Still high enough to give you the “sexy” look but much more manageable.

Why punish yourself, like this, welcome to the forum.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    I never have met a GG who will walk those distances in a heel that high. In my fair city with steep inclines (hills) in the business/financial district many women carry their office heels in a tote. They walk from the parking garages or bus stops in athletic shoes. Totally sensible. At work they don their heels. None ever wear six inch heels. The best I observe is young girls at the mall stumbling around in such tall heels. Further, most women are not willing to destroy their heels on concrete sidewalks or uneven surfaces. Six inch heels seem to be reserved for party time.

When I taking evening strolls I am most comfortable wearing a wedge with maybe a two inch rise. I found walking in a narrow heel with a 3 1/2 inch rise is a killer on the shoe. Also, it rains a lot where I live so walking in a narrow heel tends to have it sink into the soft ground. I do have two pairs of five inch heels which I am able to wear on carpet and hardwood/tile floors. Walking with a purpose outside the house really calls for a different gait/stride than in house. Good luck to you.

This past Halloween, I spent about 14 hours in my shoes, granted they were 3 inch, not 5 or 6, however I got the respect of the GG' s at the party I attended that night when asked how my feet felt wearing high heels. I told them truthfully that my feet did not hurt. Today I am wearing a 5 inch pair that I just purchased and have had them on for several hours. lots of walking and up and down stairs. the feel great.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Why punish yourself, like this, welcome to the forum.
    My thoughts exactly. Even women pick and choose when they want to be seen in heels. A co-worker of mine kept a pair of high heels under her desk and wore flats most of the time.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

No punishment at all. Just a training as for any sport. I just want to be able to walk in heels for long periods in many situations. As for a sport you have to be careful with your body. And as for a sport,it's fun!
    The reward is to feel at ease in any situation. The revanche is to see jaleous glances. My pleasure is just: I can do lt.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

That's good! Congratulations! So you can understand me.

Thank you! You are right,wet surfaces and slopes add a lot of difficulties to an easy walk with heels.
    My purpose is exactly this one: being able to walk with the highest heels in ant situations.
    It means a lot of training. But also a great care in founding the right shoes that fit well and being careful of where,when do it or not. I am able to decide that flat shoes are the best choice in some situations.
    Or to tell the same thing in a different way: if heels,the highest. Or flat. No middle option.

Sorry but I hate that intermediate height. I prefer to wear flat.
    4,5 inches is the lower can accept. That's why I am working on being able to walk out side in 5" or more.
    The most difficult is not to be able to walk in such shoes,but be bold enough to do it publicly.

I can understand you ! Same feeling!

I can walk all day in Mary Janes with a modest heel, or even better, in wedges.

Few women or CDs can wear really sexy heels for any length of time.

However, I saw a report recently (looking for a link), that in 1950's and 1960's in the USA, the wearing of high heels was so widespread that many women's legs and tendons adapted so fully to heels that they felt uncomfortable in flat pumps.

Think: "I love Lucy", "Life with the Lyons" or "George Burns & Gracie Allen".

I wish I could go back to that period.

Silver Member
    [QUOTEI
    [/QUOTE]
    Even with your swimmer's legs, this sounds absolutely backwards to me. Wearing 5" or 6" heels and walking on a down slope, I hope there are handrails so you don't fall on your face! lol

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Sounds like there would be more pain than pleasure in walking in 6 inch heels for any lengh of time. I don't think I'ver ever seen a GG do it. I can wear 4 inch all day at home but outside 2 inch or thereabouts would be my limit.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Silver Member
    Good for you. You're well ahead of the curve. I don't think many GGs endeavor to walk long distances in 6 inch heels. My favorite heels are 4 inches high, and I won't go higher because I'm over 6 ft tall in bare feet (185 cm). I'm most comfortable in my 3 inch wedges, which I can wear all day with no discomfort. So if you manage to go all day in 6 inch heels, I'll be a major fan of yours.

I wear heals and wedges pretty much all the time, typically 4”-5” with or without a 1-2” platform.

Weather walking long distance or dancing the balls of my feet take a pounding. I was out last night dancing with my friends to an Irish Band. We were all in heels. Today my feet are just fine, and I just got back from the grocery store, brown swede ankle boots with 4" heels.

The price of fashion.

When I wear flats it feels like I’m walking uphill.

All of our situations and likes are different. Congrats to those that can do the 6' thing. Many of us can not- due to phys cond or wt. Tho I often have 4' pumps or wedges on at home-- for actually being out walking Any distance--its 2' or less. Since most GGs don't go abt wearing 'evening-wear-stillettos" anyway--its really no-big-deal if we don't wear them. As a back-injury & car-accident survivor-- have learned to adapt & use the tall-ones for photos- and wear lower ones & flats for going out. Pain & discomfort are not necessary. Toni G..
    "Seen by Many---Clocked by Any??"
    In the Snowbird Zone

I'm hoping to get my first pair of heels soon

Hi there Pierre! Of course, the only way to conquer heel wearing is to use them as much as possible, and walk not only at home, but outside in them. Walking all day around the house is nothing like walking down the block in your favorite heels...and btw, make sure that they fit you properly, just a tad snug, so you don't get blisters etc. when walking in your heels

Just do like the GGs do; wear sneakers for the long walks, and change to your heels when you get to your destination.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hello Maria. Thank you for your support. And what a nice heels collection

Quote Originally Posted by ToniG View Post
    All of our situations and likes are different. Congrats to those that can do the 6' thing. Many of us can not- due to phys cond or wt. Tho I often have 4' pumps or wedges on at home-- for actually being out walking Any distance--its 2' or less. Since most GGs don't go abt wearing 'evening-wear-stillettos" anyway--its really no-big-deal if we don't wear them. As a back-injury & car-accident survivor-- have learned to adapt & use the tall-ones for photos- and wear lower ones & flats for going out. Pain & discomfort are not necessary. Toni G..
    Thank you for your support

Quote Originally Posted by Maria in heels View Post
    Hi there Pierre! Of course, the only way to conquer heel wearing is to use them as much as possible, and walk not only at home, but outside in them. Walking all day around the house is nothing like walking down the block in your favorite heels...and btw, make sure that they fit you properly, just a tad snug, so you don't get blisters etc. when walking in your heels
    Thank you for your support. Of course I have the right pair(s) of shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean 103 View Post
    I wear heals and wedges pretty much all the time, typically 4”-5” with or without a 1-2” platform.

Weather walking long distance or dancing the balls of my feet take a pounding. I was out last night dancing with my friends to an Irish Band. We were all in heels. Today my feet are just fine, and I just got back from the grocery store, brown swede ankle boots with 4" heels.

The price of fashion.

When I wear flats it feels like I’m walking uphill.
    Thank you for your support.
    By the way: I find walking uphill in heels more difficult than going downhill

Quote Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
    Good for you. You're well ahead of the curve. I don't think many GGs endeavor to walk long distances in 6 inch heels. My favorite heels are 4 inches high, and I won't go higher because I'm over 6 ft tall in bare feet (185 cm). I'm most comfortable in my 3 inch wedges, which I can wear all day with no discomfort. So if you manage to go all day in 6 inch heels, I'll be a major fan of yours.
    I am 180 And being 195 with heels doesn't worry me
    Thank you for your nice support.Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    [QUOTEI
    Even with your swimmer's legs, this sounds absolutely backwards to me. Wearing 5" or 6" heels and walking on a down slope, I hope there are handrails so you don't fall on your face! lol[/QUOTE]

I am fine. Handrails are only useful for taking the stairs down.

When I'm out I can wear my heels of 3" to 3,5" for the whole day walking in cities. I feel uncomfortable in 2" heels.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sorry, ladies! I agree with Pierre and consider any heels under 4" to be flats!

I have walked for hours and miles in my 5" spike heels. All nite at Disneyland. Dancing and walking all over Vegas. Do my toes hurt at the end of the evening? Heck yeah! But, I look so dam hot in hi heels!

But of course, I'm only 75, don't have weight problems, don't dress for Denny's or Walmart, and HATE to BLEND, perind!
    So, if you're lunching at Dennys or going shopping at Walmart? By all means dress to to blend, wear your flats, and fit rite in.

But, if u dress at nite in Vegas or Paris? Better take your shoe tips from me and Pierre!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Extreme heels or nothing

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Sorry, ladies! I agree with Pierre and consider any heels under 4" to be flats!

I have walked for hours and miles in my 5" spike heels. All nite at Disneyland. Dancing and walking all over Vegas. Do my toes hurt at the end of the evening? Heck yeah! But, I look so dam hot in hi heels!

But of course, I'm only 75, don't have weight problems, don't dress for Denny's or Walmart, and HATE to BLEND, perind!
    So, if you're lunching at Dennys or going shopping at Walmart? By all means dress to to blend, wear your flats, and fit rite in.

But, if u dress at nite in Vegas or Paris? Better take your shoe tips from me and Pierre!
    Thank you!

I want to master the extreme heels in any circumstance.
    I came to cross dressing because of my passion for heels.
    Not to heels because I wanted to dress like a woman
    1.80 and 70 kgs. In training for 3 years.
    It took some times before I was able to find the right shoes.
    6 " stilettos at home and 5" Cuban Oxford outside.
    Opposite to some others,I wear my heels for walking and sometimes have to change as arriving to destination if it is a formal appointment.
    Pierre

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    One tip, Pierre. Be careful walking on lawns in spike heels! They sink in, which is cumbersome. And doing it long enuff will wear off the outside finish of the spikes!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!