Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many dresses?

How many dresses?

Last night my wife accused me of being a 'clothes horse' lol. My more masculine aspect is not and never has been, but my feminine aspect apparently is!

I'm new to crossdressing. I have exactly seven dresses (six I like, one I don't lol). Plus a few skirts, tops, other items, etc.

So how many dresses are enough? Regardless of how many I have, I think the answer will always be "Just one more!" Lol.
    Last edited by Macey; 12-09-2018 at 05:37 AM. Reason: we have a word filter for a reason

I have well over a hundred dresses in my closet. The more the better.

Over 100? Is that enough? Same answer, I think … one more!

Aspiring Member
    Can you really have too many dresses? My collection is small, about 10. I am always looking for that perfect dress.

Sara

Sara, one more will be enough. Once you get one and your total is 11, the next answer to 'how many is enough?' Will still be "one more" lol

I realize that as long as I want my dresses to express what I am feeling, I will never have enough! I have about 25 now, and each one is special in a different way to me, capturing a certain feeling. I cant wait to go to a new thrift store - and though I go through the racks quickly now, and pause wistfully when my perfect dress is too small to alter. But...there is no end of feeling combinations to express. So I simply budget a moderate amount for what I consider emotional recreation!
    We are all beautiful...!

I have no idea how many are enough.
    I only have about 5. Mostly because I find separates fit me better due to my figure. Also it allows me to have so many more outfits with fewer pieces.
    2 tops and 2 skirts = 4 outfits and so on.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Last count I had about 60, though there are several I probably will never wear again. Also about 30 plus skirts.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Diane and Phili … you each have *almost* enough … you need one more!

Cheryl, separates count! You have *almost* enough. You need one more skirt AND one more top!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    4 for me

Tracii, you just might need five

40 for and never enough.

Oh, never enough...but I'm good about only buying them occasionally. Let's see...I have 15 dresses but many are now too big since I lost a lot of weight. I'll need to bring them to consignment shop or thrift store...and then buy some replacements!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I like clothes shopping and always !ook for a bargain (about 50 dresses - will send a some to the charity store to make room for one more)

Macey, Love the picture of you in your dress and petticoat cooking !

Was your wife inspired by how cute you looked to go put on a dress herself ?

I don't think most women expected us to ever own a dress, with the exception of a Maids outfit. LOL

Robbie, my wife isn't big on dresses for herself … her look is very feminine boho. But she's the one who picked out that dress and surprised me with it on my most recent birthday I love that dress! Thank you so much for the compliment!

About ten dresses for every day wear but slacks, jeans, skirts and a myriad of tops keeps the choice of presentation wide.

There are four seasons to wear this in and after twelve months I will have nothing to wear again.:-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Love how cute you looked in your Petticoat and dress cooking dinner !!

Did your wife get jealous and slip into a frilly dress ? She had to have some reaction.

In the closet so only ocassionally put on the wifes dresses for a quick twirl

I've got about 35 in my closet (A few more tucked away in a drawer), which honestly is probably too many for me, if only because I'm just about out of space for them, but sometimes you just see a new one that you really, really like and need to get it (I have a bit of an issue with impulse shopping lol). Basically, 'enough' is just one fewer than 'too many'

Robbie, I think I already answered your question a post or two down. Anyway, I get dolled up and make a nice dinner for when she comes home from work. Her reaction? Hungry, thrilled, and complimentary!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Erin, you have almost enough! You only need one more! Lol, but if space is an issue, maybe pare down to make more space. If you get rid of two, you'll have space for a new one … and one more

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation If u can count your dresses u don't have enuff!

The same is true for my tops, skirts, wigs, shoes, and jewelry! And, in my case, costumes and MASKS!
    U can NEVER have too many fem things because there r so many possibilities and so little time!
    (I'm 75. So, u all have plenty of time to catch up!)

The only things I can count r my foundation gear and underwear!

And, just for the record, when u have countless things?
    U NEVER worry or even think about, "Just one more"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have about one dozen dresses, same amount of skirts, fewer tops (more needed, to match skirts), four pairs of leggings, two pairs of shoes.
    Last edited by freeindress; 12-09-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Freein, you need another dress … just one more lol

Oh, and at LEAST another skirt and a couple of tops!

Well, wardrobe space is a bit limited so my collection may not be too big. Around 7 dresses, 9 skirts, numerous tops and sweaters, and 8 pairs of shoes. Oh and 4 outdoor coats, one for each season!
    Is it enough, probably not, could always use another dress, although I am trying to keep the spending under control. Lol

Kaye, we're not talking about a cartload of new clothes here, we're talking about one dress. Just one dress more lol