Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many dresses?

Aspiring Member
    Just bought two more a couple of weeks ago. So that would make, let's see... I think 8 dresses, and two skirts. I prefer dresses to skirts, and skirts to pants. I only have three pairs of jeans and one pair of leggings, and a few tops. I need to work on "casual" more. I've donated 3 or 4 dresses to charity, dresses I didn't much like anymore.

This thread kind of reminds me of cyclist math. What is the ideal number of dresses to own (what is the ideal number of bikes to own)? Answer = n+1, where n is the number you currently own.
    Last edited by JeanTG; 12-09-2018 at 06:22 PM.

I actually have no idea how many without doing a stocktake!
    I will guess in the region of 20 to 30.... poss more
    Although i only wear about 5 of them.

Aspiring Member
    My current total is 988. I have no plans to buy any more. I have every style I could wish. No bride's dresses but every other situation is covered. I have stopped buying because I feel I have enough and I have no more room I have 1000 skirts and 2000 tops/blouses but hardly wear these - I prefer dresses. In my defence I spend most of my time in dresses. I catalogue my dresses and photograph them all, hence the precise total. When I get to 1000 it will be one in one out as the system only works up to 999 - already operating this for skirts. So 'enough' is 988 - I speak from experience.

I'm up to 110 dresses now and I want to get rid of at least half due to having trouble hiding them all, ya I'm an (in the closet CD'er). wife would freak if she found them.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I gather for the unaccepting wife, "enough" is "zero" :/

Gold Member
    I have about 25 dresses, and double that for skirts. I like skirts better, no reason why, just like them.
    Rader

Ah-May-Lee
    I make my own clothes so I have many dresses. Sometimes I make a dress, wear it for awhile then take it to my sewing machine and alter it to look different, maybe by cutting it up and adding a piece of another fabric. Shoes on the other hand, I have maybe 5 pairs, maybe more if I count the torn sneakers.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Is there a correct number? It depends on your lifestyle. A full time CD needs to have more outfits like any other woman. An occasional CD may be able to get by with 3-5 outfits. Personally I probably have about 15-20 outfits and that suits my needs. However, when that pink fog hits it is time to find something new. ..

Andrea, yes. There *is* a correct number The number is the number of outfits you own plus one lol

I have 18 dresses at last count.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Never counted but would say about 30,wouldnt say that was excessive,but im sure some would in my defence when i started dressing my mother had around the same number

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Platinum Member
    I have 162 dresses. No skirts or fem pants. Just dresses. I maintain a word document indicating the label/maker, style, color and size. I also keep on the back of the PayPal or other billing notice a picture of the dress. I started that when I unintentionally bought a pretty dress that I already had. I'm still looking for a new dress. Never stops. Retail therapy.

Okay, if you bought a dress you already had, you might actually have 'enough'

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Not sure how many until I sort through my closet. Due to renovations (losing quite a bit of closet space) I have to cut down my wardrobe a fair amount. Most of the donating clothing would be tops and skirts though as I love most of my dresses. I came very close to fulfilling my 2018 resolution of not purchasing any dresses, gave in just a couple weeks ago and bought one dress.

Hello. I just counted and have 8 dresses. My wife loves two and them and wears them I know just to tease me. Most are skater type dresses. I love the fit and flare looks. A few skirts and leggings too. Working on my tops and blouses. Growing up in the 80's you can guess how I like to dress. I don't dare to count my leotards....lol

I haven't counted lately, but somewhere between 12 and 20. A few years ago I noted that I had quite a few skirts but only a few dresses. I've been buying more ever since.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

4. I don't accumulate anything anymore. If I'm not going to wear it in public, I do not keep it. If I haven't worn it in a year, I get rid of it. That goes for everything. Well, one exception. I have a little beaded dress that I LOVE, but it's a little (a lot!) much for a 61 year old to be wearing, and I haven't worn it in years. Every time I see it hanging in my closet I remember the times that I wore it, and it's worth keeping around just for the flashbacks. That and the shoes that go with it are the only exceptions to the rule. I was never as into dresses specifically as a lot of you are, but I used to accumulate clothes in general to a ridiculous degree. It was a struggle learning how to let things go.

OK, you with up to 100 times more dresses, have convinced me to consider one more + skirt and tops too.

I have 6 dresses that fit me well...i usually have separate tops and skirts as it is easier to get them to fit right. But I am always looking to add to the collection. Cheers
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

I'm guessing 30-35 dresses, and one of the current ones will be donated with the next new dress. I'm running out of closet space!

Going to frame this in a simple algebraic equation
    A=X+1

Where A="enough dresses" and X="The number of dresses you currently own" lol

Or perhaps A=X+Z, same as above where Z="some number greater than zero"