Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many members?

How many members?

Im curious as to how many girls on here are members, how many are guests/lurkers if you like, and how many members are there that havent signed in in years?

Currently Active Users
    There are currently 380 users online. 55 members and 325 guests

Most users ever online was 4,772, 11-06-2015 at 11:09 AM.

That is a copy from a few seconds ago on the main Forum page.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    dang Allie, give us whiplash !

I fairly sure you have to be a member to post.

So if you reply you are a member. You wont get an accurate count because not all member will respond to your post.

Of course I could be very very wrong.

Maybe a moderator could answer more accurately
    Last edited by Kelly DeWinter; 12-09-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Well, as of this moment, there are 58 member viewing the site, and about 312 non-members (or members who are not signed in)

As of 12/9/2018

Members

Active Members

Lisa
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

Impossible to say. I'm a member but never sign in when visiting via my phone or tablet: which is most of the time. No sign in = guest, even if you are a member.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Most users ever online was 4,772, 11-06-2015 at 11:09 AM..
    I wonder what caused that particular number when the figure is usually so much lower?
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I had to go back to pg 272 to be in the area of 11-6-2015, but saw nothing particularly striking in the posts

Ah-May-Lee
    I'm a lurker.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Gold Member
    I have been a member for a long time, and enjoy finding out new tips from everyone.
    Rader

I seem to remember that something unusual (cyber-technically speaking) occurred on 11-6-2015.
    The figure of 4,772 members online is wildly inaccurate.
    Perhaps Tamara will explain what happened.

Kym,

Questions like this have been raised in the past and as pointed out, lurkers by the very definition can't reply as they're not members.

Perhaps for the lurkers there should be a questions, and again if I remember correctly this has been asked before, "If you're a guest, a lurker, someone who regularly visits this site but isn't a member, what stops you joining?"

Now only they can answer within their own minds but from folks who lurked for ages before joining, me included, the reports are that it was fear, fear that if you made yourself in someway visible on these pages then the whole world would discover your secret.

All I can say to those teetering on the edge of joining is, set those fears to one side. What I and so many others have gained from being part of this community is immense. If nothing else it's gaining the realisation that you belong to an ever growing community of like minded souls. So add your voice to the choir, come sing with us.

And I know of no-one who's reported that they've been outed from being here.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Kym, is anybody who doesn't sign in going to answer? However, I comment pretty regularly.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I think all the lurkers are potentially members and they need to know we don’t bite, or at least too much, ok kidding. Like Helen said, nobody has been outed for being a member.
    Anyone on the edge of joining give yourself a Christmas present and sign up.
    Crissy

I visit a few times each week, and post when I think I have something to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    fear that if you made yourself in someway visible on these pages then the whole world would discover your secret.
    Yep. A bit of online paranoia is no harm in this day and age, but no need to go overboard. Create yourself a new email address on outlook.com or similar and use it only for this. You could also use "incognito" mode windows in Chrome to make sure that your login name won't be cached (saved) for the next person using the machine to see. Especially if it's a shared machine, at home or something.

It's not a lot of protection but you don't really need that much. You're only guarding against accidental disclosure, presumably, not active hacking. A professional could track you down anyway but why bother? There needs to be money in it to make it worth that level of effort. It's much more likely that someone will walk in unexpectedly, or you'll leave the screen on by accident and that could happen anyway

I log in every week, sometimes just lurk to read. Will post questions from now and then.

They're probably lots of women reading as guess because of curiosity,,,I work with females and know how they think a bit.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Banned Read only
    Kyme,
    If you do a search of CDing sites you will get an analysis of all the sites , the usage , funding a whole host of information .

It's always listed on this site how many are active as members and how many visitors are viewing

There are many that haven't signed on for quite a while, most seem to move on after a few years.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I hardly ever log out yet I don't post as often as the "regulars". I pretty much just check a couple of threads daily and only respond when I have something useful to say - or when I'm just being a smart ass! Yes, I'm a bit lurky.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    After I sign in as a member, I get kicked off after a spell, which reverts me back to a "guest". Is there a time limit where inactivity causes this? Or perhaps it is just a quirk of my satellite internet connection? in any case, very bothersome. L

Reality Check
    The number of "members" is artificially high because you cannot "un-join". You are a member forever even after you quit visiting or even die.
    Krisi

Lydia yea there is a time out feature on this site. I know its kinda pain in the backside at times.

I guess I am strange I always sign in.

If
    Last edited by LeannS; 12-10-2018 at 05:58 PM. Reason: add more thoughts
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

I lurk and learn. Only on my iPhone lost my password on my computer.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    You can change your password fairly easily Kirsten, I have had to do it a few times.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....