Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working out in the gym

Working out in the gym

I've always found women in workout clothes such as tank tops, sports bras, shorts and leggings attractive.

Starting around January I started wearing women's compression shorts to the gym to run on treadmill and lift weights. A couple of months ago I started wearing leggings to the gym. I don't just wear black leggings and capris but also some patterned ones, all compression types and I do not wear shorts over it. They are all Under Armour ones I got on sale. I still war guy's workout shirt on top. Not sure if other people notice or even care, but so far I have not gotten any stare or comment positive or negative.

One positive effect is since I enjoy wearing women's workout wears, it is not such a drag to go to gym and hop on the treadmill any more.

Anyone else wear women's workout attire to the gym?

Thanks,
    Daliah
    Last edited by Daliah; 12-10-2018 at 12:35 AM.
    Daliah Hermes

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I doubt anyone really cares.
    Do you care what others wear to the gym? If no then good chance no one else does.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Yeah, nothing really tight though, one set of pants has decorative mesh (almost similar to fishnet) and I've seen some eyes traveling down for a casual look, but I do see all manner of athletic wear on guys that is most likely unisex, so I doubt most people care.

Cass

I work out at home I'm to lazy to go to the gym

Dilialah I am short on stature so I find it difficult to find gym shorts that for right. Most men's shorts go down below my knees. I by all my gym shorts in the womens section along with warm up pants. The only time I have ever been questioned was by a lady who noticed the lavender piping on a pair of shorts. I told her the truth and she was very complimentary. I don't think people pay very close attention to what you wear.

I just started started wearing women’s black yoga pants under my shorts when I work out. I was thinking of next losing the shorts. I have also picked up some women’s workout capris, black with a blue stripe down the side. I want to wear these as well. They have a little bit of shirring near the bottom of the stripe, which is a bit fem.
    I have noticed what most of the guys wear and it is usually only shorts and often bummy ones at that. We shall see how this goes.

I think my instructors liked me breaking the rules.
    I wore a wig twice, but far to hot both times so I gave up on that.

IMG_20180225_081457.jpg
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Of course, Dahlia! Putting on women's clothes makes me want to go to the gym, clean the house, and sleep with men!

Otherwise, I have zero interest in doing those things!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    My gym is at home. I do the treadmill daily in one of my many cute running skirts and racer back top...always with a matching sports bra!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I go enfemme every day, from the femase Asic tennis shoes to a female top, including capris. Not many patterns, so is low profile. Being doing so for over a year with no comments whatsoever.
    I love my daily female time.

I have about 25-30 leggings, many lululemons in various colors and patterns. I wear them to the gym all the time. I'm sure some people think its weird but I interact with many individuals, both men and women and to date I have not had an issue. People are there to workout and for the overwhelming majority of them what a person wears is of no consequence to them.

We've turned the living room into a home gym.

I exercise 4 to 5 times a week in leotard and tights/hose including breast forms and light makeup.

I have to remember to take out the breast forms when I start my ballet routine. I'm not used to balancing on one leg with them on.

I am a regular gym attendee and I have long noticed that women select their gym gear very carefully and look well-dressed whereas most men look as if they just pulled some shorts and a T-shirt out of the rag bag.
    So Daliah, whether in female or male attire I hope that you look tidy and well turned out.

I wear womens gear when I go for a run at night.

That is occasionally, not nightly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

When it comes to the gym it’s drab for me.

Silver Member
    Not on the gym floor, but the outfit I bring for after my shower is a skirt or a dress. That's been very consistent lately. I can see that some of the other guys in the changeroom are taking long second looks, but there's NEVER been a comment, either positive or negative.

Yesterday, a Sunday morning, was a unique experience for me. When I returned to the changeroom after my workout, there were two men talking near my locker. I wasn't eavesdropping, but there was one of them on either side of me and they were talking right over me. It became evident that they were retired pro football players sharing tales of their glory days in the Canadian Football League and the Grey Cup. I'm not a fan of football, so I went about undressing for my shower. One of them went for his shower at the same time. When I came back to my locker, they were talking football again. I didn't want to put on my girl clothes on in front of them, but I didn't want to chicken out and I had no boy clothes with me. So I changed in front of them. I pulled on my panties, then my skirt, top and cardigan. My black ankle strap wedges came out of my bag and went on my feet. Then, I got up and left. The football players never once interrupted their normal conversation.

I always say this is as it should be. My wearing a skirt should be No Big Deal to anyone. Ever. And, it's looking like that more and more every day I go out.

I wear tight shorts under my drab shorts and regular men's workout tees. I do wear pink, yellow and lavender undies, but on the gym floor, I'm just a guy.
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]299086[/ATTACH

I like to exercise and it’s even more fun in girl clothes. I like to run outside with a padded sports bra but only if I cover with a loose sweatshirt. At home I wear tights and bra exposed. At the gym I’ve just been sticking to panties under boy clothes. But I think this discussion has motivated me to get girl tights.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mermaiden; 12-11-2018 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Add picture

I do my best to coordinate my gym clothes. That is part of the fun.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thank you all for the comments. They are encouraging and give me more confidence to wear women’s clothing at the gym which in turn helps me stay in shape

About four years ago, I started wearing women's leggings under my male athletic shorts to the gym, but with the recent advent of usable side pockets in them, I've given up on the shorts and just started wearing either leggings or capris with a t-shirt and a sports bra, depending on the weather. I don't have any with super visible prints, but I definitely haven't shied away from bright colors and femme detailing. I've got two pair of capris with laser cutout detailing in the calf (one bright royal blue and the other a strong purple), and a pair of leggings with a mesh insert along the outer thigh and again on the outside of my calf.

The only response I've gotten is from a staff member who came over to ask what my leg routine is, because I have VERY pronounced legs from years of soccer and good genetics.

On another, semi-related note: as my job search extends longer than I'd originally anticipated, I've started working at Amazon in one of their distribution centers. After the first day of working in guy jeans, I switched over to black leggings and have not regretted it for a second. Almost without exception, nobody bats an eye. I've only had three people comment on them: two women asked me where I got them (one even commented "Those are cute!") and a guy asked me why I wore them, and if I was self-conscious about wearing them because people "might stare at my junk."

My response - "I used to wear sweats, but switched to these because they have a less harsh waistband - as a big guy yourself, you probably know the pain of too-tight elastic - and as to the other; if somebody has a problem with it, then it's their problem."

I've spoken about this before, but for the last couple of years I've been wearing almost exclusively women's workout wear at my athletic club. This includes racerback tops, sports bras, capri tights, and athletic skirts, and women's one-piece swimsuits. I've gotten plenty of looks but no negative comments and a few compliments. A couple of days ago I was in the hot tub with a guy I see there a couple of times a week, and have a nodding-hello relationship with. We chatted for a few minutes about the book he was reading, and then he said "How are YOU doing?"
    "I'm good thanks."
    "I like the new look."
    "Uhhh....thanks. That's nice of you to say."
    "How's that going for you?"
    I spluttered for a moment and then got out, "It's going well. I'm enjoying it."
    "I guess it's as easy as you make it."
    "That's exactly true. It's really just personal style."
    "It's all about identity, right? It's being who you are."
    "Absolutely."
    "I tell my kids that all the time."
    I was taken aback by how sweet and how perceptive he was. I would not have taken him for a supporter. He headed to the shower and said "Have a good evening."
    Needless to say that made my week. One lesson I draw is that you will never know how people really feel until you give them a chance to see who you really are.
    Wear your sports bras with pride!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Couldn't agree more Tracy T.

It seems leggings are becoming more commonplace for men in the gym. I've started training for a sprint triathlon and tight leggings act like compression socks really. They are really coming into vogue in the triathlon circles and not looked at as feminine at all anymore.

I used to wear small womens shorts, a tank tight top and running shoes with pink designs. Several times I NJoticed eyes from guys on me. When showering, i always shave my whole body.
    Now in transition, I feel weird going to the gym for the locker room moment. All guys walk naked and my body is changing with obvious boobs so I stop attending to the gym. I don't know how would it be to request the use of women's locker room but for now I prefer to just don't go.
    I replaced it with outdoor activity and I wear whatever I qant.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

All I know wearing some femm underclothing or as outer-clothing seems to motivate me a bit more. No,actually a lot more!