Thread: Yoga!

Yoga!

Just curious how many people here do exercise that is considered girlish. I LOVE doing yoga! Makes me feel more fem and it gives me a chance to wear yoga pants - I also love trying to be as flexible as possible. I think that goes back to the whole its more girlish thing! I remember the first time I was able to do a split. It brought such a rush of excitement and made me feel closer to being a girl. Anyone else?

Gold Member
    Sorry, these old bones just can not bend that way any more.
    Rader

I try to do yoga once a week because of the these old bones. Need to be flexible for golf.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

My wife is a yoga instructor and I go to her yoga classes, which she runs twice per week. With all the abuse my body has suffered over the years, It’s a great activity to aid with maintaining flexibility, and also great for ‘gentle strength’ exercise.

I’ve never considered yoga to be a particularly ‘girly’ activity, despite the obvious images that spring to mind when someone mentions yoga. The issue with yoga classes, is finding the right one to suit your temperament.

Michelle

Not yoga, but girly fitness exercise with gym ball, weighted hula hoop, pilates accessories like toning balls, foam roller and bricks, rubber band. It gives me a chance to wear a gym sleeveless leotard or a two piece tracksuit. On summer mornings, before the heat rises up, I enjoy exercising outdoors on the lawn, sometimes wearing a swimsuit so I can sprinkle myself with the garden hose.

The avvy pic isn't me
    I love Yoga and Qigong; the health benefits go way further then exercise and general flexibility. The meditation component of these disciplines are awesome.
    I was first exposed to yoga in rehab and have been doing it ever since, and I see plenty of men in the classes.

Males do seem to lack the suppleness and flexibility to do the straight leg poses as easily as females, but i'm plenty flexible in the hips. You should see my Eka Pada Rajakapotasana!

And yes, I wear women's styled pants, tho not the skin tight type, and since it's done barefoot (should be) my brightly painted toes show. Have got tons of compliments on how pretty my feet are.

Namaste,
    Cass
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 12-11-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Yoga helps flexibility as does a dance class.

I dance around home all the time and skiing, both water and snow helps stretch those joint limits.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've been doing yoga for about 10 years now. I still go about 2 to 3 times a week.

About 3 years ago, I started wearing femme-style yoga pants to class. I got such a positive reception, that I started wearing yoga tank tops and racerbacks shortly afterwards.

Now I have quite a collection of femm yoga pants. And when I say femme, I mean really femme. They're not just femme colors, but they all have designs, like floral, abstract and tribal, which I match with a solid top. I love picking out my yoga outfit for the day.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I started Yoga recently after a back injury. Really like it. It helps me with stress relieve and Yoga is great for my posture. Yoga doesn't burn many calories though, and I'm trying to lose weight so I've been doing more running and gym exercises.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I did yoga in my 20's and do crunches and stretching excersizes on the floor every morning now that I'm in my 70's.

As a result of my long ago yoga routines, I could put one foot behind my head into my 50's!

I mite still be able to. But, would put my back out for sure!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I used to do yoga fairly regularly 'back in the day'. No space for it right now. Mostly its crunches, squats, leg lift exercises, etc. Funny … I never thought of yoga as 'girly'

Kristini, not yoga, but I have recently started an over 55's ballet dance classes. It's amazing, I come away feeling both energised and relaxed atmosphere the same time. And yes I get to wear a leotard, tights or leggings and of course ballet slippers.
    This week will be the last session before Christmas so we are all wearing something festive. In my case that will be a sparkly top and some sparkly tights.

Kristin I do yoga 2 to 3 times a week I can't wear yoga pants my wife goes to the same studio. I have done yoga at home fully dressed in yoga outfit . Connie

I've been taking ballet lessons 2 to 3 times a week for the last several years.

When practicing at home I'm in a leotard and tights but at class I'm all male.

At least my men's tights have been tie dyed by my daughters!

There are no exercises that are "girlish". Yoga is very difficult. Exercise is key to anyone, men or woman, being healthy.

That said, I take both yoga (hot yoga) and spin classes en femme. Never an issue.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Count me in.

For one year now, I have done yoga and some "girly" exercises. At first, it was about being able to dance better (smoother moves) and walk better in girl mode, my body being so stiff.
    Surprisingly, it also helped me for my "man" hobbies. I have recurrent complaints due to a muscular injury which come back every time I make too much effort. Thanks to yoga and stretching exercises I now can jog as before the injury.
    I am much healthier.
    So it's a double benefit
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

Genderblur Francene Lola Dupree's Avatar
    Love Yoga xXx

I often have trouble sleeping due to my job and high caffeine intake, but a 1am Yoga session never fails to relax me so much i my Million mph brain turns off for a little while.

And i don't agree Yoga is intrinsically girly, MMA Fighters, Footballers, Rock Climbers, and many male professional athletes incorporate Yoga into their physical preparation.

xXx