Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When was the last time you purged and why?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When was the last time you purged and why?

I know this is something that has happened to me in the past for a number of reasons. One of them was because I started dating a girl and I didn't feel the need to dress anymore, so I threw them away during a spring cleaning, but the feeling came back and regretted getting rid of them. I felt dumb because I really liked a few pieces that were my favorite. After a couple of times of doing this (and a lot of thinking and accepting myself as I am), it just didn't make sense anymore to get rid of my clothes. I knew I would want to do it again and I didn't want to feel that I couldn't. Not to mention, I'm not wasting money in buying basics again and again.

I cut my panty collection from 400+ to just over 200. Some were worn out and others were too large because of weight loss.

oh wow Im jealous now, I wish I had that many!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    I gave eight bags and plastic bins, to a thrift store about 14 months ago, and only kept some panties and pantyhose. All my wigs, and size 15, 16 ladies shoes, many dresses, skrts, tops, jewelry and purses gone! Later, i got four more dresses on Ebay, a top, and a skirt, and a few cheapo wigs, and one pair of 5" heels, and a little make up at a dollar store, and some jewelry at a thrift store. Had some hard hits financially lately, so no more, if i can control it.. Not dressing as much anymore, too. I purged out of feeling suicidal, and guilt and shame, and not being the man.
    I'm sorry to hear that, I've had those feelings too and they can get very difficult to handle. I'm glad you are still alive

I know right??? That's a lot of clothes!

I still don't know how replies work in here. I tried replying individual posts but apparently they all went to the same first reply I made??

It's very comforting and validating to hear about other people experiencing the same emotions and doing things for the same reasons even if said reasons are dumb or wrong. I don't feel like I'll go through a purge again but I do see myself getting rid of some stuff to get new clothes more appropriate to my age. I guess that says something about me being more comfortable and accepting of who I am, unlike a few years ago.

I still don't know how replies work in here. I tried replying individual posts but apparently they all went to the same first reply I made??

It's very comforting and validating to hear about other people experiencing the same emotions and doing things for the same reasons even if said reasons are dumb or wrong. I don't feel like I'll go through a purge again but I do see myself getting rid of some stuff to get new clothes more appropriate to my age. I guess that says something about me being more comfortable and accepting of who I am, unlike a few years ago.

Last time I purged was in 2007 right before I got married to my best friend and partner. At the time i didn't know if she would accept my x-dressing so I took action....but now I realize that she doesn't mind, with boundaries.

I purged somewhere around 1992 before I got married.
    slowly but surely the crossdressing came back, and the light dawned on me
    I realized, that woman was really not the right one for me.
    Doubt that I will ever purge again, this is me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Thats actually great advice, and I agree I will probably never purge again, life is to short to not be yourself!!

Aspiring Member
    2005 was the one and only. I got married and thought I could stop. You can see how well that worked.
    Sara

Quote Originally Posted by sara66 View Post
    2005 was the one and only. I got married and thought I could stop. You can see how well that worked.
    Sara
    Why did you get married? I'm always curious why people who dressed before marriage ever took the plunge.

I gave eight bags and plastic bins, to a thrift store about 14 months ago, and only kept some panties and pantyhose. All my wigs, and size 15, 16 ladies shoes, many dresses, skrts, tops, jewelry and purses gone! Later, i got four more dresses on Ebay, a top, and a skirt, and a few cheapo wigs, and one pair of 5" heels, and a little make up at a dollar store, and some jewelry at a thrift store. Had some hard hits financially lately, so no more, if i can control it.. Not dressing as much anymore, too. I purged out of feeling suicidal, and guilt and shame, and not being the man.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 12-11-2018 at 06:58 PM.

About two years ago after I told my wife about my dressing and she freaked out I purged 80 dresses, 12 bras, 2 pairs of heels, etc.
    Good thing I did, about a week later she dug through the cellar looking for my stuff. She made a mess, it looked like a burglar when through the cellar.
    Oh, the life of a CDer.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    About two years ago after I told my wife about my dressing and she freaked out I purged 80 dresses, 12 bras, 2 pairs of heels, etc.
    80 dresses??!!

Years ago my wife found my one and only panties I had hidden away. I want to know how you managed to hide 80 dresses!

Banned Read only
    I've never purged due to a feeling of masculine inadequacies or whatever. Before figuring out women's sizes and styles of dresses I donated dresses that did not fit well. There was a period of time when I felt shame and all that rubbish and just did not buy anything. Now I just buy what and when I want. I have 162 dresses and too much lingerie. I freely admit I have a compulsive desire to "collect" or buy women's clothing.....retail therapy.

Where do I hide all that stuff. In about twenty xerox boxes which are stacked up in our rec room which is now a dump site for over indulging in just about anything. My wife does not snoop. I think she is afraid of finding out what she may find. Even given permission she will not open the door or drawers to my armoire.

I don't know where Judy hides all her stuff now. I would not appreciate my wife tossing anything I own out....PERIOD. I would hate to be in an marriage where a wife felt it was alright to just toss everything. So much hostility. I would be single.

For me it was about 20 years ago.
    Guilt, shame and fear of discovery were my reasons.
    Then it just got to be too much and I came out to my wife, risking whatever might happen, as I just had to get free of all the guilt and shame and hiding. Luckily for me she was willing to talk, explore and eventually became fully supportive. Now there will never be another purge.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I've purged several times over the course of 16 years and I've regretted it each time

Aspiring Member
    My last purge was about 25 years ago. I was going off to collage and didn't want my collection to be found by my Mom or sister. Didn't want to take it with me because I knew I would not be able to have them in my dorm with roommates and all.

After I graduated and got my first "professional job" it took a long time for me to start again. Looking back I wish I would have jumped back in whole hog!!! Like the day I moved into my first place of my own!! The first year I started dressing again everything fit in a small box by my bed. Now I have 2 closets full and 8 big storage tubs!

I am looking to thin a few things out. Much of what I am storing is too good to just pitch. But I don't see a purge any time in the near future, But do I really need all this stuff!?!?!?

My purge occurred in 2009. I moved and had to reduce everything. I donated most (not all) of my femme wardrobe (shoes, lingerie, dresses, pants, tops, etc) to the local Salvation Army. I hoped another femme girl would find them.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Its something I've never done,although my ex wife on finding my stash did it for me

I really need a purge though,I've far too much stuff,I always have lofty ideas but in the end never get rid of much,think this time I'll get my lovely wife to join me to do a purge (a welcome intervention this time) for I know she'll be ruthless

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

fashion trends change and I like to think I am keeping up with it all but purging? not really just a means for getting rid of those few bits and pieces I do not fancy wearing any more.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Ah-May-Lee
    I never purged things like clothes or make up. I did try and purge from life but I failed.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

lover of hosiery wantstocrossdress's Avatar
    I was going to the Middle East for a month-long vacation and in case I find a job there, my stay there would have been greatly extended so I had to purge all my heels, dresses, hosiery, wigs, gloves, etc. I threw out a total of 3 large garbage bags of my femme stuff. I've totally recovered all and surpassed what I use to have but I miss my heels. Its not easy to find size 11 heels and if and when I do find a lady selling hers, they always turn out to be too small when we meet for the transaction.

I have to echo many of the comments already been made. Purging to me is one of the reasons that drives me crazy. As a famous philosopher named Popeye once said, "I am what I am." I do try to live that way and enjoy every day that I am given.

[SIZE=5]My complete purge was about two years ago at age 8O. [/SIZE]We were moving out of our home of 45 years for a retirement home. I didn't want my kids to find my dresses, wig, lingerie etc when they helped clean for the move . My wife told my kids a few years ago I was a cross dresser but didn't make an issue of it. She was not very supportive of my cross dressing but sure took good care of me over the past 52 years. I have had some womens clothes and cross dressed over the last 60 years. I have only been our in public completely cross dressed four times, once with my wife at Halloween party at a home of one of her coworkers. The first time I went to a restaurant party completely dressed as a women in a knee length dress with a wig, high heels and pantyhose. I got my dress the day before at a consignment store. I asked the owner if she had a dress that fit me. She thought for a while and said she had a dress that was made for someone who was in early pregnancy. The dress fit like a glove and really gave me a female shape. It really felt good when i walked from my car to the party. I sat at the bar and stayed three hours and when I left, the hostess said I looked like a women except when she heard me speak.

I went to a Halloween party t a hotel near Philadelphia. To look more like a women for the party, I made an appointment at a saloon for make up application at two in the afternoon. Before I walked into the saloon, I was a little uncomfortable because I looked like a man in a dress. The beautician thought my dress was short, a couple of inches above my knees. but she did a great job making up my face including shaping my eyebrows. When I left, I enjoyed looking like a women with good looking legs. I enjoyed walking around in a dress and heels. The party was a 7:30 requiring a drive of 20 miles. On the way to the party I stopped at a shoe store and got higher heels. The sales lady was happy to help me and I enjoyed getting higher heels. I then drove the to the party in my stockings and parked in an underground parking garage.
    After I parked, I put on my high heels and walked into the lobby and signed in. Then I walked across the lobby and took an esculator up to the second floor. Not all the men were in dresses but there were quite a few with their girl friends. One man was dressed as a Bishop. For me the party was a blast. After I drove home I had enjoyed being in a dress and heels for thirteen hours.

The third time I put on a dress and went to a Halloween party with my wife. The party was being held by one of my wife's co-workers. This was the first time I was seen made up as a women in a dress and heels by women who knew me. No one teased me or my wife about me looking like a women.
    I have dressed up at home, when my wife was away.
    The only record of my feelings wearing a dress and heels is on this crossdressing cite.
    At age 82 I have completely purged but have wonderful memories about my cross dressing. Also my wife had been great to me over 50 years. I have so much to b grateful for.

[SIZE=5]My complete purge was about two years ago at age 8O. [/SIZE]We were moving out of our home of 45 years for a retirement home. I didn't want my kids to find my dresses, wig, lingerie etc when they helped clean for the move . My wife told my kids a few years ago I was a cross dresser but didn't make an issue of it. She was not very supportive of my cross dressing but sure took good care of me over the past 52 years. I have had some womens clothes and cross dressed over the last 60 years. I have only been our in public completely cross dressed four times, once with my wife at Halloween party at a home of one of her coworkers. The first time I went to a restaurant party completely dressed as a women in a knee length dress with a wig, high heels and pantyhose. I got my dress the day before at a consignment store. I asked the owner if she had a dress that fit me. She thought for a while and said she had a dress that was made for someone who was in early pregnancy. The dress fit like a glove and really gave me a female shape. It really felt good when i walked from my car to the party. I sat at the bar and stayed three hours and when I left, the hostess said I looked like a women except when she heard me speak.

Show original message
    To look more like a women for the party, I made an appointment at a saloon for make up application at two in the afternoon. Before I walked into the saloon, I was a little uncomfortable because I looked like a man in a dress. The beautician thought my dress was short, a couple of inches above my knees. but she did a great job making up my face including shaping my eyebrows. When I left, I enjoyed looking like a women with good looking legs. I enjoyed walking around in a dress and heels. The party was a 7:30 requiring a drive of 20 miles. On the way to the party I stopped at a shoe store and got higher heels. The sales lady was happy to help me and I enjoyed getting higher heels. I then drove the to the party in my stockings and parked in an underground parking garage.
    After I parked, I put on my high heels and walked into the lobby and signed in. Then I walked across the lobby and took an esculator up to the second floor. Not all the men were in dresses but there were quite a few with their girl friends. One man was dressed as a Bishop. For me the party was a blast. After I drove home I had enjoyed being in a dress and heels for thirteen hours.

The third time I put on a dress and went to a Halloween party with my wife. The party was being held by one of my wife's co-workers. This was the first time I was seen made up as a women in a dress and heels by women who knew me. No one teased me or my wife about me looking like a women.
    I have dressed up at home, when my wife was away.
    The only record of my feelings wearing a dress and heels is on this crossdressing cite.
    At age 82 I have completely purged but have wonderful memories about my cross dressing. Also my wife had been great to me over 50 years. I have so much to b grateful for.

Last edited by cyndyw; 12-21-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Well.. I purged back in 2014 when my son began High School and started staying up late. Well as a budding teenager, my son started staying up later and later, which unfortunately started creeping into the time I had available to get a few hours as Leigh. I always found a few hours to put my fem clothes on to let Leigh out from 2:00 - 5:00 am while everyone slept. As I found my son staying up later and later into the night, I decided it was time for me to get rid of my girly things (panties, dresses, bras, shoes, wigs, make-up, etc.) So I did not chance my son stumbling upon Leigh some night while he was going to bed or on his way to the bathroom.

That seems like a lifetime away now since it happened in Nov. 2014. Though since that time, just recently I was able to reincorporate low rise briefs into my men's sports bikini underwear. You can get rid of your female self's clothes, but it is near impossible to rid yourself of your female-self.
    Last edited by Leigh_n_il; 12-25-2018 at 04:26 AM.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    I last did a full "scorched earth" purge about 30 years ago. Shortly thereafter I did some soul searching and decided never again to purge as dressing was part of my personality. Have only engaged in a couple of paring down sessions since as I simply had too much for the space I have to keep it all. Some items were quite new (just did not work out for me) so it felt fine to donate them before Christmas. Somebody - maybe another dresser or spouse thereof? - hopefully found some rather nice bargains.

Yes, the money part hurts but those who have done it should not feel bad for doing so. Purging is a common quandary and is part of the process sometimes. We just continue to navigate our way, to evolve into the nest version of ourselves. If a purge or two gets us there then so be it; a seemingly small price in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by Veronica Lacey; 12-29-2018 at 11:10 PM.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I've never purged but I have got rid of items I no longer like. Purging always seems like such a waste of money to me though I can understand why people do it.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....