Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When was the last time you purged and why?

Ah-May-Lee
    I never purged things like clothes or make up. I did try and purge from life but I failed.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Quote Originally Posted by sara66 View Post
    2005 was the one and only. I got married and thought I could stop. You can see how well that worked.
    Sara
    Why did you get married? I'm always curious why people who dressed before marriage ever took the plunge.

I've purged several times over the course of 16 years and I've regretted it each time

I have to echo many of the comments already been made. Purging to me is one of the reasons that drives me crazy. As a famous philosopher named Popeye once said, "I am what I am." I do try to live that way and enjoy every day that I am given.

Thats actually great advice, and I agree I will probably never purge again, life is to short to not be yourself!!

The most recent (and last time) was about 4 years ago. Why? I felt that 70 Hanes nylon hi cut panties were too many. And of course, within a few months I was buying and wearing again. Only I decided I was done wearing cheap panties. My first foray took me to VS. As I left the mail with my pink bag in hand, I passed a Soma boutique. I am now an advocate for all things Soma.
    (And if 70 panties were too many, I have more than 150 now, and more than 25 bras. Ì won't purge again)

A little over a year ago I purged and tossed everything. Wife and I had marriage troubles and among all the problems one was my dressing. I haven't bought anything since. There were other factors and between therapy and hard work our marriage is getting better. I don't know if she'll ever be supportive...
    I haven't lost the desire to dress at all but I haven't been dressing since the purge. I hope maybe one day she'll feel comfortable enough in our relationship to accept some amount of dressing. For now I'm simply male me.
    I don't think I will buy anything again unless I feel confident I can just be me. I don't want to spend the money to toss out again. I had what I felt was a collection that represented a decent amount of my hard earned money I gave up and I don't want to waste that much again.

Lacey, I feel so bad you purged all of your nice things, I wish you had mentioned it here before so we could have tried to get you to put everything in storage bins. There is not one cross dresser that I am aware of that thinks back on purging and believes it was a good idea. You know that you are who you are and your feminine side is not going to go away ever. I suppressed it for years but am so much happier now.
    Kelli, I get what you are saying about Soma, it is becoming one of my favorites.
    Crissy

When and why?

Why was due to duress and overwhelming stress driven by my wife!
    When, was about a month back!

" The positive here though is that I ridded myself of who I am not now "

As long as you keep your soul, your essence and mind. Ok and your favourites, the world keeps turning!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

[SIZE=5]My complete purge was about two years ago at age 8O. [/SIZE]We were moving out of our home of 45 years for a retirement home. I didn't want my kids to find my dresses, wig, lingerie etc when they helped clean for the move . My wife told my kids a few years ago I was a cross dresser but didn't make an issue of it. She was not very supportive of my cross dressing but sure took good care of me over the past 52 years. I have had some womens clothes and cross dressed over the last 60 years. I have only been our in public completely cross dressed four times, once with my wife at Halloween party at a home of one of her coworkers. The first time I went to a restaurant party completely dressed as a women in a knee length dress with a wig, high heels and pantyhose. I got my dress the day before at a consignment store. I asked the owner if she had a dress that fit me. She thought for a while and said she had a dress that was made for someone who was in early pregnancy. The dress fit like a glove and really gave me a female shape. It really felt good when i walked from my car to the party. I sat at the bar and stayed three hours and when I left, the hostess said I looked like a women except when she heard me speak.

I went to a Halloween party t a hotel near Philadelphia. To look more like a women for the party, I made an appointment at a saloon for make up application at two in the afternoon. Before I walked into the saloon, I was a little uncomfortable because I looked like a man in a dress. The beautician thought my dress was short, a couple of inches above my knees. but she did a great job making up my face including shaping my eyebrows. When I left, I enjoyed looking like a women with good looking legs. I enjoyed walking around in a dress and heels. The party was a 7:30 requiring a drive of 20 miles. On the way to the party I stopped at a shoe store and got higher heels. The sales lady was happy to help me and I enjoyed getting higher heels. I then drove the to the party in my stockings and parked in an underground parking garage.
    After I parked, I put on my high heels and walked into the lobby and signed in. Then I walked across the lobby and took an esculator up to the second floor. Not all the men were in dresses but there were quite a few with their girl friends. One man was dressed as a Bishop. For me the party was a blast. After I drove home I had enjoyed being in a dress and heels for thirteen hours.

The third time I put on a dress and went to a Halloween party with my wife. The party was being held by one of my wife's co-workers. This was the first time I was seen made up as a women in a dress and heels by women who knew me. No one teased me or my wife about me looking like a women.
    I have dressed up at home, when my wife was away.
    The only record of my feelings wearing a dress and heels is on this crossdressing cite.
    At age 82 I have completely purged but have wonderful memories about my cross dressing. Also my wife had been great to me over 50 years. I have so much to b grateful for.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]My complete purge was about two years ago at age 8O. [/SIZE]We were moving out of our home of 45 years for a retirement home. I didn't want my kids to find my dresses, wig, lingerie etc when they helped clean for the move . My wife told my kids a few years ago I was a cross dresser but didn't make an issue of it. She was not very supportive of my cross dressing but sure took good care of me over the past 52 years. I have had some womens clothes and cross dressed over the last 60 years. I have only been our in public completely cross dressed four times, once with my wife at Halloween party at a home of one of her coworkers. The first time I went to a restaurant party completely dressed as a women in a knee length dress with a wig, high heels and pantyhose. I got my dress the day before at a consignment store. I asked the owner if she had a dress that fit me. She thought for a while and said she had a dress that was made for someone who was in early pregnancy. The dress fit like a glove and really gave me a female shape. It really felt good when i walked from my car to the party. I sat at the bar and stayed three hours and when I left, the hostess said I looked like a women except when she heard me speak.

Show original message
    To look more like a women for the party, I made an appointment at a saloon for make up application at two in the afternoon. Before I walked into the saloon, I was a little uncomfortable because I looked like a man in a dress. The beautician thought my dress was short, a couple of inches above my knees. but she did a great job making up my face including shaping my eyebrows. When I left, I enjoyed looking like a women with good looking legs. I enjoyed walking around in a dress and heels. The party was a 7:30 requiring a drive of 20 miles. On the way to the party I stopped at a shoe store and got higher heels. The sales lady was happy to help me and I enjoyed getting higher heels. I then drove the to the party in my stockings and parked in an underground parking garage.
    After I parked, I put on my high heels and walked into the lobby and signed in. Then I walked across the lobby and took an esculator up to the second floor. Not all the men were in dresses but there were quite a few with their girl friends. One man was dressed as a Bishop. For me the party was a blast. After I drove home I had enjoyed being in a dress and heels for thirteen hours.

The third time I put on a dress and went to a Halloween party with my wife. The party was being held by one of my wife's co-workers. This was the first time I was seen made up as a women in a dress and heels by women who knew me. No one teased me or my wife about me looking like a women.
    I have dressed up at home, when my wife was away.
    The only record of my feelings wearing a dress and heels is on this crossdressing cite.
    At age 82 I have completely purged but have wonderful memories about my cross dressing. Also my wife had been great to me over 50 years. I have so much to b grateful for.

Last edited by cyndyw; 12-21-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Well.. I purged back in 2014 when my son began High School and started staying up late. Well as a budding teenager, my son started staying up later and later, which unfortunately started creeping into the time I had available to get a few hours as Leigh. I always found a few hours to put my fem clothes on to let Leigh out from 2:00 - 5:00 am while everyone slept. As I found my son staying up later and later into the night, I decided it was time for me to get rid of my girly things (panties, dresses, bras, shoes, wigs, make-up, etc.) So I did not chance my son stumbling upon Leigh some night while he was going to bed or on his way to the bathroom.

That seems like a lifetime away now since it happened in Nov. 2014. Though since that time, just recently I was able to reincorporate low rise briefs into my men's sports bikini underwear. You can get rid of your female self's clothes, but it is near impossible to rid yourself of your female-self.
    Last edited by Leigh_n_il; 12-25-2018 at 04:26 AM.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Don't ever recall purging completely. Obviously I get rid of old clothes, male and female, from time to time. But there are always more in the closest.

At 10 months into HRT, I really don't care if I dress or not. There are weeks that I don't even look at my wardrobe. My normal Florida daily outfit is shorts and Tee shirt, which are all women's clothing. So, is that purging?

I got rid of some not so nice stuff I've had for years last week. The stuff that made the cut no longer fit as I'm officially out of plus size and comfortably into a size 12/14! Smaller panties and hose too. So nice to have more access to clothing that fits now. Even my feet are smaller and I can wear regular size heels. A friend has lost weight as well and she dropped off a bag of dresses and shoes for me that all fit great. Leesa looks great and is having so much fun! Can't wait until I get some time alone!

Thankfully I tend to keep virtually anything I think I might need again. And that includes my female wardrobe, so I've never purged.
    There have been a few times over the years I felt like I was being silly wanting to dress, or because my wife wasn't supportive, or whatever, but I still kept it all.
    I actually find it hard to get rid of things I should get rid of - doesn't fit, etc... 😀

I purged......my ex wife. I dressed pretty regular for about a year after, then I stopped for a while. I was comfortable, but I didn't dispose of one thing. I knew I'd go back, and I have. After dating for a time, I decided my freedom to do what I wish is best. So, I guess I purged women instead. Why drag them into something that most won't like anyway?
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Have any of you considered how much money was ultimately lost by purging? if it was done because of domestic pressure and it was a total purge and the urge to dress came back again I wonder how much would have to be spent to bring that wardrobe back up to speed again, quite a lot I would think, but a partial purge of things that are no longer worn or felt to be not right and are given to a charity shop then fare do's a good thing.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

lover of hosiery wantstocrossdress's Avatar
    I was going to the Middle East for a month-long vacation and in case I find a job there, my stay there would have been greatly extended so I had to purge all my heels, dresses, hosiery, wigs, gloves, etc. I threw out a total of 3 large garbage bags of my femme stuff. I've totally recovered all and surpassed what I use to have but I miss my heels. Its not easy to find size 11 heels and if and when I do find a lady selling hers, they always turn out to be too small when we meet for the transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    I cut my panty collection from 400+ to just over 200. Some were worn out and others were too large because of weight loss.
    Wow!! 400+

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I remember purging once in late 20's, once again in my 30's and once more in more in my early 40's in 2009. Hopefully there will not be any further occurrences.

I do not purge though the wardrobe is getting a little crowded. I should probably remove a few dresses and skirts that do not quite fit at present, but some are too nice to chuck and I keep promising to lose a few(14)lbs.

I purged between high school and college so I wouldn't be found out. I purged again near the end of my first year of college due to the dorm mate finding out. I purged again when finishing up an internship where I lived alone and returning to college since I would have roommates again at college.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    I last did a full "scorched earth" purge about 30 years ago. Shortly thereafter I did some soul searching and decided never again to purge as dressing was part of my personality. Have only engaged in a couple of paring down sessions since as I simply had too much for the space I have to keep it all. Some items were quite new (just did not work out for me) so it felt fine to donate them before Christmas. Somebody - maybe another dresser or spouse thereof? - hopefully found some rather nice bargains.

Yes, the money part hurts but those who have done it should not feel bad for doing so. Purging is a common quandary and is part of the process sometimes. We just continue to navigate our way, to evolve into the nest version of ourselves. If a purge or two gets us there then so be it; a seemingly small price in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by Veronica Lacey; 12-29-2018 at 11:10 PM.