Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When was the last time you purged and why?

When was the last time you purged and why?

I know this is something that has happened to me in the past for a number of reasons. One of them was because I started dating a girl and I didn't feel the need to dress anymore, so I threw them away during a spring cleaning, but the feeling came back and regretted getting rid of them. I felt dumb because I really liked a few pieces that were my favorite. After a couple of times of doing this (and a lot of thinking and accepting myself as I am), it just didn't make sense anymore to get rid of my clothes. I knew I would want to do it again and I didn't want to feel that I couldn't. Not to mention, I'm not wasting money in buying basics again and again.

I cut my panty collection from 400+ to just over 200. Some were worn out and others were too large because of weight loss.

Aspiring Member
    2005 was the one and only. I got married and thought I could stop. You can see how well that worked.
    Sara

I gave eight bags and plastic bins, to a thrift store about 14 months ago, and only kept some panties and pantyhose. All my wigs, and size 15, 16 ladies shoes, many dresses, skrts, tops, jewelry and purses gone! Later, i got four more dresses on Ebay, a top, and a skirt, and a few cheapo wigs, and one pair of 5" heels, and a little make up at a dollar store, and some jewelry at a thrift store. Had some hard hits financially lately, so no more, if i can control it.. Not dressing as much anymore, too. I purged out of feeling suicidal, and guilt and shame, and not being the man.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 12-11-2018 at 06:58 PM.

About two years ago after I told my wife about my dressing and she freaked out I purged 80 dresses, 12 bras, 2 pairs of heels, etc.
    Good thing I did, about a week later she dug through the cellar looking for my stuff. She made a mess, it looked like a burglar when through the cellar.
    Oh, the life of a CDer.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I've never purged but I have got rid of items I no longer like. Purging always seems like such a waste of money to me though I can understand why people do it.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I think it was two years ago or a year ago. Why? Guilt, shame and rage.

Oh I did so many purges over the years. The last one (and I do mean last) was about 7 years ago. It was always the same - angst, guilt, get a grip you have to sort your life out, this is just escapism, you're hiding from your "real problems" and you're never going to figure out what they are while you keep hiding so all this stuff has to go. As it turns out, my "real problem" was exactly the opposite - the life I was trying to live was fake and this is the real one. Once I figured that out, life started to work

The only specific item I remember and still miss was a pair of Mary Janes that I "acquired" from my ex - they were almost new but never fit her properly and she was donating them to charity. I volunteered to drop them off at the charity shop and, strangely, they never made it ...

I purged most of my male things last month. to make room for my female things.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

It was about ten years ago. I had met my future wife and naively thought I was "done" crossdressing.

Since my wife now knows about my crossdressing I see no reason to ever purge again.
    Last edited by Elizabeth G; 12-11-2018 at 07:36 AM.

I do a regular purge when my closet is full.

Usually I don't have anything to wear until I buy more.

A ridiculous cycle really.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have purged when I have moved. But that has not happened for a long time. However, editing the collection is more common. I do not
    Need huge bags to edit my coll cation, it is modest.

I've never purged. I guess the packrat in me is still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    About two years ago after I told my wife about my dressing and she freaked out I purged 80 dresses, 12 bras, 2 pairs of heels, etc.

Good thing I did, about a week later she dug through the cellar looking for my stuff. She made a mess, it looked like a burglar when through the cellar.
    Oh, the life of a CDer.
    My wife discovered me packing some lingerie when I was getting ready to go on a business trip. She really had a conniption about it, even though she didn't know more than a tenth of it.

I was concerned that she was going to conduct a search and destroy mission while I was gone. So, I moved most of my stuff to a storage locker, but left enough around the house so she could find them, throw them out and think she got them all.

If she did do a search, she didn't destroy, but better safe than sorry.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

About 15 years ago, when it became clear to me that my prior marriage was in a death spiral. I didn't have a lot to purge. At the time it seemed prudent to dispose of anything that could be used as ammunition against me.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I threw out all my tightie whitie boy undies. Wonderful feeling!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Not the one on TV!
    July 15th, 2011. Really couldn't call it a purge. Someone broke into my storage unit and stole all my "gear". I guess you could call it a forced retirement.....

Guess I'm lucky to say I've never had reason to purge of my own volition. I've just been building up stuff since I started buying it for myself. I do some pruning every now and again, but there hasn't been a purge.

I did this twice when I went to university. I felt like I didn't want anyone to find my clothes and threw it away.
    A few years later I got a scholorship to studay in San Francisco for my MFA (I'm from Germany). That time I also threw everything away.

I'll never do that again.

It was more than 15 years ago when I was extracting myself from my ex-wife. She was the snoopiest person god ever placed on this earth and once I said we are done she would go through the house top to bottom, so got rid of my kit prior to pulling the plug.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

When I met my ex-wife about 18 years ago. I didn't have very much at that time; mostly lingerie. The marriage only lasted 4 years, and once she was out of my life I started a new collection - which now needs to be thinned out.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Purging is a terrible thing and we are almost all guilty of doing it for various reasons. I will never do it again, getting rid of a few old things is not the same and is acceptable.
    Crissy

I did about 8 years ago was the dumbest thing i did but l found out were i really was going with this. Had the talk with the wife .

14 years ago was my last purge just thought yep I’m over ‘this’. I was sorely mistaken, I will never be over it, it’s who I am and I embrace it. I’m glad to be a cd/tv if I get rid of my things now it’s because they are women out.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Perhaps 30 years ago? Yup, a guilt trip.

Well, I got over that and accepted that my feminine alter ego is and will always be a part of me and what I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    80 dresses??!!

Years ago my wife found my one and only panties I had hidden away. I want to know how you managed to hide 80 dresses!