I guess this question relates more to members out and about but no restriction on any replies .

It really relates to a conversation with a check out girl in a supermarket . Yesterday I made my mince pies , my painting class always insist I take some in for an informal get together at the end of the last session before Xmas . I had plenty left over but then realised I hadn't accounted for my daughter and son in law's gluten free diet . So I headed off to Sainsbury's this morning to buy some gluten free flour and while I was there I found gluten free stuffing but no gluten free bread sauce ( looks like I'll have to make my own ) because I've invited them to the Xmas Day meal . So I was checking out and chatting to the check out girl about the gluten free problem with my daghter and SIL . I thought after should I have been so open being dressed as Teresa ? I wonder what the check out girl thought about me talking more like the mother/ housewife ? I must admit I didn't give it a second thought but is it unfair on the family to associate them with my TG situation in public or am I just so paranoid still about my wife's volatile reaction ?

So the question is do you talk about you family openly in this way ?