Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A VP CDing question

Okay, so after adding up some order totals on Amazon, between clothes, shoes, makeup, wigs, and accessories, I've spent just shy of $1000, which tbh, is a lot more than I thought. And that doesn't even take in to account the shoes I've bought from Payless.

As for whether I'd dress more if I had more money to spend, probably not. New things to wear and the money to afford them isn't really the limiting factor for me, time is. Between work and other stuff, I've only got so much time home alone to partake.

I throw away most receipts so I don't keep a record. Wigs are the most expensive items I buy. I don't buy expensive makeup and I don't go thru it very fast. Most of my clothes are from thrift stores but over the last few years I've been going for clearance racks at retail stores. I'm guessing $300 per year?

If I could spend a lot more (without guilt) I surely would. How about a makeover? Quality makeup? Human hair wig? Boots made of real leather? A weekend shopping trip in a big city? So many choices if you have the bucks but just a fantasy for me.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Very good question. I would say I spend about 400-500 year on everything and like most I never pay full price. I'm sure if you asked my wife she would say I spend twice that .

My experience van be far different for many because I'm now a trasgender. But in the days of crossdressing before outing to wife I carried all my girly stuff in market plastic bags in hidden compartments on my car. When I told her, I start buying more stuff. It was kind of sicologic relief for my dysphoria, I didn't know it. In those days I got several bras, a lot of panties, dresses, shoes, pits and of course I could experiment more with make up and the variety of stuff grew up.
    When I began on therapy I begin to understand myself more to reach the point to decide transition. Now to dress is something really more rational and normal as any woman. I try dresses or shoes or whatever before buy them and of course I shop around for prices, deals and quality. At the same time I upgrade for girly, sexy and sensual stuff for more elegance and practicity.
    Now I probably spend more than $1000 a year but our closet with wife is so full that we keep just season things and others in boxes. Whe we organize things, usually find new, never wearied things even with the label...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I came out to my wife in January. Before that I had one hand me down skirt (free). Typically my budget is $20 twice a month for extracurriculars including my dressing and drinks during GNOs and books and beer. I also got birthday money and gift cards I used for girl clothes, And when my wife makes Torrid orders sometime I get an item or two with her order. So overall it was around $600 this year (but remember that is going from an empty girl closet to 30+ skirts mostly from thrift stores, several heels, and a few other things).

I am already buying less now that I have a great selection of skirts and a handful of options for everything else. So I plan to stick to my $20 twice monthly and foresee coming years to be much closer to $300 to $400. Compared to my wife who easily spends at least $2000 on clothes a year (not to mention her mother easily spends over $500 for clothes for my wife). Makes my clothes shopping seem tame and never get in trouble for price

I would say a few hundred a year for maintenance stuff...i shop Thrift stores and eBay for clothes...makeup is the biggest expense because I like MAC. If had to replace my forms or wigs then the spending would be a lot higher. Thanks for the interesting topic. Cheers
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

IF I'm being honest, I would say I've spent around three hundred dollars this year on bras, panties, yoga or gym type pants and shorts. I don't think I bought a new dress, skirt, or blouse in about in about three or four years. Just seems to be getting more difficult to find my "right" outfit anymore. Guess my tastes are changing a bit with age.

If I had had a much higher budget, and learned a few things a bit sooner, my wardrobe would be quite a bit more full than it is now. And I would have looked for a place with A LOT, LOT MORE closet and storage space. I also think my said wardrobe would include quite a few more dresses, skirts and blouses. As well as a various lingerie and bodysuits or leotards for whatever mood I be in at the moment. Breastforms of all sizes, shoes, makeup and various wigs would probably fill an entire room.

As it is, I enjoy what I have and am happy to have it.

I have over 300 Tops down from 400, over 75 Dresses, Over 75 Skirts a bunch of jeans. I used to buy stuff all the time at a thrift store $.50 - $5.00 not much more than that. I still buy things if I happen to see something I like. It's really hard to say how much I really do buy in a year. I am a Lover of Bras and since I grew my own 38Cs, with the help of Hormones and Testosterone Blockers, I like to buy nice ones now. I am a full fledged Female inside and My Body is my female than anything else.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I cant imagine the money Ive spent all the years in crossdressing, with purges, then starting over once again. But shopping for femm things is a true enjoyment, I must say!

I have never kept track of how much I spend.
    I have been dressing since I was young. After the military I began purchasing items and now I have a full wardrobe. Once I had everything the cost dropped tremendously.
    I will only purchase clothing online on clearance and my wife will purchase clothes for me when they are on sale at Kohls. If I had a bigger closet I would purchase more.
    Mostly it is just makeup, false nails and a pair of shoes every year.
    2019 will be expensive as I will need new breast forms and I am thinking about hip pads.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Not counting forms or quality wigs I do a lot of clothes shopping online and would guess that I spend about £300 a year.Make-up is usually about £100 mostly on foundation and I buy 2 or 3 cheap wigs a year for wearing around the house,probably another £40/50 I never spend more than I can afford,and only after bills are paid etc.

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 12-14-2018 at 01:29 PM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

It used tro be about $1500.00 a year on average. Now it is down to just under $500.00 a year and that includes make up. I need to go out and do a major shopping spree, but that is not going to ahppen. (see earlier post in dressing and weight)

I find that I spend alot, the wigs are real hair and I love new shoes and dresses. I do a lot of on line shopping. I think the cost is high not only because of my stuff but I shop with my wife and that gets costly. I would say it’s about 500 a month just for me.

Probably about $500 a year, plus another $200 or so for makeup.

I am limited by storage space not $... as others have said Becky is my vice, I spend less on her than my friends do on alcohol or golf or whatever their hobbies and vices are. I love to indulge in makeovers which can be quite expensive, but worth every cent.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Definitely ebbs and flows through the year but can peak with a good pink fog and/or if I’m going to Diva’s or Wildside in Las Vegas! I would guess $800-1,500/yr.

If I kept track of my crossdressing expenditures I would probably be horrified, so to keep my sanity, I choose not to pay attention except to my overall bank balance. But I can tell from the number of retailers who have offered me rewards programs and "gold" or "platinum" customer status that it is probably in the low four-figure range annually, varying with my level of activity and other interests and expenses that year. I have an unfortunate attraction to elegant and expensive shoes ...

- Diane

As funds allow. With Amazon, I can track down what I want in the comfort of my jammies, anytime of the day or night.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

It's just been a couple of days. 60 for 2 wigs. 50 on clothing. Next will be makeup, then shoes.

It's my first year and I reckon about £600 total. That's from scratch except for a few knickers. And that includes forms but not hip pads or wigs...yet.
    I shop eBay a lot but have bought new too. Most expensive single item? My green velvet damask kitten heel Joe Browns. They were £38. That's not mental for a pair of heels you SIMPLY HAD TO HAVE, right? 😬

I know I'm not saving really saving any money, as rewards programs encourage overspending, but I signed up for two awards programs on account of my spending.

You don't want to know how much effort it took to figure out VS's program so I can stack three coupons to maximize my "savings."
    But, like anything else, there is a code.

Clearance ends in 0.99 and doesn't count, so you want to buy that last as it doesn't factor into coupons.
    Their premium Fashion show stuff doesn't count for rewards dollars. But, it does count for free merchandise. This stuff has quantity limits.
    Buy a bra and wipe shipping charges off if you have an Angel card.
    Buy one/two get one counts for both reward dollars and free merchandise.

If you don't like the deals come back later for another one. But you risk stuff going out of stock.

And if you visit the Mall, the modestly sized bras can be found in the Pink Store, while the higher priced stuff is in the Victoria's Secret store.
    They double your rewards points if you pay off your CC bill in cash at one of their stores.

I like VS because their XS and S stuff really is small enough to fit me.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 12-15-2018 at 08:12 AM.

I'm going to say about $1000. It really is my only hobby so doesn't seem unreasonable.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

For me it varies from year to year, as it's difficult to find things that fit my princess Fiona sized body; and when I DO find something, I often buy every color of it available, sometimes 2 or more of the same color. That said, I have most of the outfits that I want, and as I don't shop current fashions, none of my stuff ever really goes 'out of style'.
    So. I go through about ten pairs of stockings a year. Price varies between 8 and 12 dollars American. So let's say $100 for those. Maybe one new dress a year, usually also just a little over $100 from a Chinese merchant who will custom make a huge sized cute dress.

So maybe counting everything $300 a year at this point? Though, I probably have somewhere between 10 and 20 thousand dollars in assorted women's clothing purchases over the years.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.