Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A VP CDing question

Banned Read only

A VP CDing question

As in ... a Very Personal question.

Just make your best guess. (Whether you are strictly a "home only" dresser or out in the RW dresser)

About what amount do you spend a year on clothing items? (to include belts, hats and shoes)

My guess is that some of the ladies here spend more or much more on makeup, wigs, shapewear etc.?

Bonus Q. IF you could spend more or perhaps a lot more, would it change how often you dress or maybe even how you dress?

Because I buy mostly used (but not abused) stuff from my fave thrift store, I doubt if I have ever spent more than 200 bucks in a year. Undoubtedly, many here think nothing of dropping that in one store in a single outing?

Are we just talking about clothes here? The clothes aren’t really that expensive. I never do the thrift shop thing, but I rarely spend more than $10 on a garment (queen of the clearance racks here). To be honest I think I spend more on makeup than I do on clothes.

If I include things such as traveling expenses and accommodation then I can spend anything between £500-£800 a year ($600-$950). Take out the costs of staying away from home and those fugues halve.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm a "closet" dresser. Which means no one knows that I dress except for my immediate family.

However, I go out dressed a lot to T friendly venues and events. But, not near where I live. I loath going out dressed to ordinary, vanilla venues dressed!

I spend very little on just clothes. But, I also shop at studio auctions for costumes and props for my stories! Maybe $2,000+ this year? More that for the 2 T weeks in Vegas, tho!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Usually about $500, covers just about anything that needs replacing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    I honestly can't say as I don't keep track.

I can say that my #1 rule when shopping for clothes, shoes, and accessories is never pay full price.

Makeup is a different story, I try to watch for sales, but if I need foundation, then I need foundation sale or not.

But I don't spend nearly as much on everything as my wife does. For instance since she wears makeup every day, she goes through it faster and she buys higher quality stuff than me.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 12-11-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Clothing spend and including shoes, I would estimate at around £300.00 per year. Makeup significantly less, probably around £100.00. But this last year, a new wig at £175.00, and new breast form's at £300.00 have skewed the figures somewhat.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never really sat down and tried to figure it out.
    I'm a thrift store/Goodwill shopper but its not always clothes I buy there and I do buy items at regular clothing stores too.
    Watch for sales and never pay full retail price.

I would suppose that with makeup and clothing combined I am probably in the $500/ year range.
    For a time, some years ago, it was much higher. That was after I came out to my wife and had the freedom to dress at last. I had a sparse wardrobe and of course wanted more.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    I really can't say at the moment , I shop in charity shops and keep my costs down by using reasonably priced retail stores , I always take advantage of their special discount deal . It will be interesting maybe at the end of my first year being totally out what it has cost to dress for most occasions and all types of weather .

About $100 a moth. I don't drink, nor smoke, shopping is my vice.

I probably spend about $400 a month online exclusively for anonymity and to avoid being seen in public while shopping for my gurly things. I don't do my nails or any makeup, but I buy wigs, bras, heels, blouses, lingerie, skirts, dresses and pantyhose (this is where I splurge). I buy new things from WalMart and Ebay, and used things on Ebay and Swap.com. My hosiery is from Dressmylegs.ie mostly. If I had more money, I'd move to a bigger place with a HUGE closet to store and display all of my lovely things! I'd probably buy some mannequins to dress them, too!
    Last edited by Veronica4me; 12-11-2018 at 04:13 PM.
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Off the top of my head, about $1500.00 a year ball park figure.

I probably spend about $75 to 100 a month on my mani and pedi alone.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Also ncludes my eyebrows also

About $100 a month for the past five months. I recently got two store credit cards to take advantage of frequent shopper discounts. I just bought half a dozen PJs so I won't be needing any new ones for a few years. It was a couple years since I last bought PJs. I've always done thrift stores, sales, and discount racks, so I tend to do that even though I can easily afford to pay full retail.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 12-11-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Ya I don't really know because I only came out properly this year and have gone nuts ever since now that I can finally wear whatever I want. I probably don't want to know tbh...

I'm probably in the $500 to $1,000 range. This year was high as it included a wig, new boobs and a couple of pair of shoes along with the more regular purchases of dress/skirt/tops.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Eemz, I'm with you on that! Dropped too much 'start up' money, but things have leveled out more or less

My best guess, 30$ a month

I practically never spend. I have a nice wardrobe already but the main reason is DADT marriage. I get maybe 1 dollar a month on makeup but I use it for effects make as well.
    “Hatred only breeds more hatred.” -The Invid Regis

“We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest... trying to figure itself out”. - Delenn

I am guessing around 4 to 5,000a year. If see something I like I get it. Bras I must have a hundred always getting new ones and throwing out old. Cloths make up and wigs always see something that I think I must have. Get either doesn’t fit right or don’t like it I usually just leave it in my hotel room when I leave. Panthose or tho highs only wear once then throw away. They stretch after one us.

I’ve spent around $600 this past month. New dress and shoes, but annually about $800+.

Last year I spent $600 and this year I've spent something around $400 so far. So I guess my average would be $500 per year.

Aspiring Member
    With the exception on 2016 (which is spent about $1500ish rebuilding my base wardrobe) I would say I spend about $400-500 a year. if I had more to spend I would have more shoe and wigs. when I start thinking about an outing I may drop $50 to $75 on a new dress.
    Sara

Most of my clothing purchases this year have been at thrift stores, with a couple items from Nordstrom. Total is probably somewhere between $300 and $500.

Probably another $100 on shoes (read: heels).

Probably $50 to $100 on makeup (mostly to replace what I used up).

Then another $500 on entertainment (dinners, lunches, etc).

All told, somewhere between $1,000 and $1,500.

P.S. In the last 24 hours since I posted the above, add another $200+ to get some girly eyeglasses from Costco (the SA said those are women's styles, and I simply answered that is what I was looking for).
    Last edited by TheHiddenMe; 12-12-2018 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Add P.S.