Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing sanctuary.

Crossdressing sanctuary.

Hello ladies,

So I am going to school two hours from my home. I ultimately decided that the commute was too time and gas consuming. I ended up building a small camper trailer to stay in during the week while i attend school and work a part time job. This camper build has served the dual purpose of housing all of my girly things and giving me a private space where I can present as female. It has solar power. A bathroom and shower. I have a heater for the winter and will install an ac for the summer. The thing is I’ve only spent about $2000 so far and it’s not the prettiest but it is safe, comfortable and effective. It’s also very small and light so i pull it with my small suv. I wonder if anyone else has done this or thought of doing it. This camper was a rushed project for me to get by in my busy schedule but i have considered making more (and taking my time to make them look more attractive) to sell. Is it crazy to think that some crossdressers would be interested in something like that? My main market approach is for traveling contractors or hobbyists but it occurred to me that some CDs may like the private separate space. Anyway if you’re more curious about it you can message me for my YouTube channel about it. I finish school in June and I’m still brain storming what type of work I’d like to go into. So I’m feeling out all sorts of ideas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ashley,

I love you're ingenuity. Will you have somewhere to park it that's safe from the attention of ne'er-do-wells.

I have a touring caravan and I've holidayed enfemme in that and while it was OK you certainly can't go overboard on how much clothing you take. Oh and make sure you've a good mirror for makeup.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

That's how people succeed, with crackpot ideas like yours.... :-)

As a start it is a great idea and when you tidy it up and make it look like a trailer home of sorts, I think you are on a winner.

The idea is good, just a bit of polish on the finished product.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No offense, Ashley, but I think u r missing something. For under $2,000 u can buy one of these used.
    I don't see why anyone would want to buy one of your campers, (or why you'd build one), when they can buy one of these!

1080101.jpg

used-coleman-pop-up-campers-for-sale-001.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sherry, sorry but heating that pop up in southern Maryland would be close to impossible. There are some hard sided pop ups that could work but more costly.

Banned Read only
    I have to agree with Laura on this one. Pop-ups are just a tent on wheels. Fine for a few nights camping in the summer but living in it for a week at a time in the winter would suck.

Ashley, you have a good idea there. For many years I have used my caravan as a good place for girly dressing. And before that I had a camper van, only sold that when it became clear that it was too small for me, my new wife and the dog.
    However I would say that with so many caravans and camper vans available you will need to improve your design and appearance if you want to sell them.
    Don't get me wrong, the market is definitely there, and good conversions can be achieved at a reasonable cost. My son took a standard VW van and converted it to a camper for around £2000.00, not sure what that is in dollars, but let's just say that after 7 years use he sold it for a handsome profit.
    I hope your plan succeeds, good luck.
    Kaye

Sherry
    Yes. There are pop ups but one of the keys to this design is it’s meant for longer durations of habitation. Most pop ups aren’t easily temperature controlled bc of the canvas sides and many don’t have showers/toilets. So being in one days or weeks on end is a difficult task. The pop up also doesn’t feel secure to me in that some one with a pocket knife could cut the canvas open. Not to mention the hassle of popping up the roof when you park. The reason I’ve been able to stay in this long term is by down sizing all of the appliances which has usually meant to build them myself.

Hellen yes. I have found a great parking spot that I rent. The trailer stays there. It’s safe.

And everyone. Absolutely. This is a very rough prototype. Much much polish is needed. Thanks for the feedback.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The problem with a pop up is where you park it and the laws in that city and state.
    I think you have a great idea and I think it could be a marketable item to contractors that move around.
    The thing is IMO to not make it look too much like a living space on the outside to keep the law or any criminal element away.
    Make it nice on the inside yes indeed.

Ah-May-Lee
    Very nice. Some contractors near me use a similar trailer.

I used the same foam board in a cat house I made.

And hello from a one time fellow Marylander(Baltimore)
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Banned Read only
    Tracii makes a very good point. Once you pop up a pop-up you are officially "camping".

But a non pop-up you can argue that since you didn't unhitch it or set up any leveling or stabilizer jacks you aren't "camping", you are just sleeping in your trailer.

BTW: I have seen this exact scenario play out just as I said at a parking lot my astronomy club uses for observation up near one of the local ski resorts in the summer
    Last edited by Robertacd; 12-11-2018 at 05:44 PM.

I think a normal van made into a small camper is the best way to go for crossdressers to have private place to change before going for a walk. It's less noticeable when parked somewhere than home made camping trailer. And you can use it for every day driving as well.

I am in the process of turning an 8.5 x 20 cargo trailer into a toyhauler. I am insulating and adding power but no plumbing.

Do the walls fold out on it?

The basic idea of a portable "closet" is solid. What I use is a truck camper in the bed of my 1/2 ton pick up. First, it will go, and park, anywhere a P/u can go. And, since mine is hard sided, not pop up, I can stop and jump in the back to change clothes, (in either direction) on a whim. During the summer of 2018, I spent a month traveling the east coast in pretty reasonable comfort. I have used it on my trips to the Rainbow Resort in PA, and was able to change clothes several times, as the mood and situation warranted, by simply stepping out to the parking lot.

There is a growing list of places to park over night for free around the country. (Walmart is probably the most well known.) You can easily drive enfem, and then change clothes easily, if necessary, to pump gas or go to dinner. Mine was brand new, with multiple bells and whistles, for around $20k, but you can get a good used one for much less. Regardless the FREEDOM is priceless!
    Last edited by VtVicky; 12-11-2018 at 08:59 PM. Reason: wrong date

Where do you hang all your clothes?

Platinum Member
    Tiny homes are all the rage. Go with your ideas, not just for CDrs....lots of folks like mobile living
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Watched a few of your videos and enjoyed them.
    Lots of great ideas.
    If I had some land somewhere I would go off grid and build a partially underground "Hobbit House".
    I'm a saving energy type person and I use several candle heaters around the house in the coldest part of the winter just so my heat pump doesn't have to work as hard.
    I do seal some windows with bubble wrap (look it up its a very cheap way to insulate windows to a higher R value).
    All about using LED lights wherever I can in the house.
    Basically I like to live as simply as possible.

Hell-o Ashley,
    I think your idea may be marketable, with a bit more finishing touches of course.
    People living in motor homes is becoming more popular out here.
    On a recent trip past Stanford University the curb was lined up with them for about a mile.
    It’s even common to see many near, and around the Google and Facebook campuses.
    Most of them are old, kinda dirty looking vehicles, so something new, and fresh might be appealing?
    Good luck, and enjoy your “Sanctuary” (BTW...that’s a great product name!)
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 12-11-2018 at 11:22 PM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Sorry, I still think building your own trailer makes no sense!

Forget the popup tent trailer. Buy a used hard sided travel trailer like this! Or, a bigger one if u can afford it.

Forest-River-RPod-Travel-Trailer-1024x768.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Ashley, Interesting idea but I think contractors will usually buy a factory built trailer, expensive right off. If yours works for you then great, but myself, I prefer my 30 ft hauler. Has room for my bike, all the amenities and was custom built to all Canadian and U.S. codes for under 12000 dollars.

Great DIY project! Looks well put together, better than something you could buy, and satisfaction of doing yourself. Your local friends are all going to be jealous.
    Good luck in school and happy cross dressing.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    I have one... but it hooks to the bed of my F-350, is 40' long, and has four slide outs...
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Reality Check
    As others have said, it's pretty easy to buy a used trailer already setup for camping.

You didn't mention any way to shower, poop and cook and eat. Camping trailers are set up for that.

Another thing, where can you legally park it and where do you get electricity and water and where do you dump your sewage and waste water? Campgrounds or a private residence would be your only options.

The idea of having a mobile box where you can walk in a male and walk out a female is great but you've got a lot of obstacles to overcome.
    Krisi

I have used public restrooms in restaurants for that, Krissi. A couple of very dramatic transformations that took 1/2 hour+, a duffle bag of gear, and a bed sheet placed on the stall floor.

I ate there first. Entered the women's rest room during a non busy time of day, and used the large handicap stall. I got some looks after one transformation. As my outfit was a bedroom lingerie look for a private, T, costume event in Hollywood!