Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wearing heels in public in guy mode

Wearing heels in public in guy mode

lately I have started wearing heels in public in less crowded places, coffee shops etc. It's scary at times.. lot of guys just give a look.. Girls see with disgust.. but 70% of the crowd has neutral reaction. I was wondering if others wear heels in public as well and love that thrill..

Hello Leonal,
    I wear heels driving and even while pumping gas...what a rush, but havent gotten the gull to wear them out and about. My hats off to you for going out! Not an easy task, as my only experience is with wearing sandals and having bright blue toenails in the general population.
    Br,
    Adriana

Yes! I have... gone into boutique lingerie shops; bikini shops. Parking close and walking in. Get some looks but once inside, the SA gets involved, some questions but a thrill for sure

In guy mode, really! Can't see the point in drawing that kind of attention, unless you are looking for rejection.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Well Leona...I have been doing this, going shopping and to the movies. I've only gotten a couple of stares and I am learning not to worry about them. Its not about them, its about me only and as the time is going on, I am getting more and more comfortable just being normal in my heels. I also walk the doggie around the neighborhood both in the day and night....starting to wear heels during the day as well .... yesterday I walked the doggie wearing my Gucci brown stiletto pumps

I wear heels a lot in public, no one notices because I have a nice fgure when wearing a dress and my hair is all done.

Otherwise, what's the point?

The only heels I had were a pair of riding boots with spurs I wore at a rodeo once.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I do it all the time almost daily. I have had 1 poor reaction but many great reactions. I once had a lady run across a parking lot to tell me that she thought it was great then walked another 50 yards for another lady to tell me she wasn’t going to say anything but since the other lady stopped me she thought my Nine West heels looked great and that I walked better in them than most women. We chatted for a while. I’ve come to realize I really don’t care what some one thinks. I like it so I do it.

Leonal,

Can I ask, do you go out fully enfemme at any time and if not is it your intention to do so?

I’ve got a good friend who wears heels all day everyday as it is a big help to his back pain and he does not hesitate to mention that to anyone or everyone. Now if I could only get him to join up here he could post to these types of threads.
    Crissy

I do it as soon as I can. In the streets,travelling. Airports are a really easy place for that. No one cares. And the floor is perfect.
    I generally wear 14/15cm Cuban Oxford.Hidden with flare jeans or very visible with skinny.
    Once I wore 14 cm stilettos Oxford. No trouble.
    The other outfits are totally masculine.
    I great match. Love it!

Banned Read only
    I wore pumps and boots with 3" heels in guy mood in the mall, 20 something women laughed and made fun. Older women like when I wore them in Payless complimented me on how well I walked and saw nothing wrong. Those same sick 20's would wear guy work boots, jeans, flannel shirts, etc. and that would be O.K. As I said, a sick bunch.

Banned Read only
    Scary? For what reason? THE biggest enemy of MOST CDers is the person in the nearest mirror. Proof of this can be seen month after month, year after year in all types of threads. ALL types of CDers reaching the same conclusion.

1)Wear what you want/"present" how you want.

2) Treat people right.

3)"Own it". Translated, don't slink around like you just robbed a bank.

Very simple formula. Ample proof is available in the P&V gallery. Humans wearing what THEY want to, wherever they want to.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    It's just shoes, wear what you like to wear.
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Reality Check
    Whatever floats your boat. It's not something I would do.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by Shely View Post
    In guy mode, really! Can't see the point in drawing that kind of attention, unless you are looking for rejection.
    Oh, come now Shely. I don't know that anybody has ever exactly assessed "the point" in any of this that we do. I do it. I'm aware that heels in male mode makes me subset of an already small minority, but that's OK. I've never had a female look at me with disgust (as the OP has). I probably don't look for reactions as thoroughly as the OP does, just because I've been at this for so long. In the simplest terms, I like high heels, I don't always feel like doing the whole girl thing, and sometimes I specifically want to wear heels in male mode for because it's just fun!

Over decades and decades of going out in public beginning as a young girl and now an "older" woman, it's just not as fun/fulfilling/exciting/rewarding as it used to be. Sometimes it's just not worth all the preparation. I can slip on a pair of heels, boot cut jeans if I want to hide them a little, skinny jeans if I don't, run a few errands or whatever and come back feeling good! I don't know why, and frankly I don't know why more guys don't wear high heels. Not everything has to be so serious, or have a good and logical explanation.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    Very well said, Rhonda Jean!
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Reality Check
    ………….. and frankly I don't know why more guys don't wear high heels.
    Why would they? To look taller? Except for cowboy boots (worn by actual cowboys), high heels serve no useful purpose. A man wearing high heeled women's shoes in public will call attention to himself. Not good attention either.

I posted above "whatever floats your boat", meaning you can do what you want to do. The problem for most of us is that people will think there's something mentally wrong with us. Those of us with jobs or families need to keep this in mind.
    Krisi

I do that sometimes, go to the mall or Walmart wearing heels, usually my 2-inch black or beige pumps with jeans. I have some fun with that
    Stay inspired
    Amy

I agree totally

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Jean View Post
    Oh, come now Shely. I don't know that anybody has ever exactly assessed "the point" in any of this that we do. I do it. I'm aware that heels in male mode makes me subset of an already small minority, but that's OK. I've never had a female look at me with disgust (as the OP has). I probably don't look for reactions as thoroughly as the OP does, just because I've been at this for so long. In the simplest terms, I like high heels, I don't always feel like doing the whole girl thing, and sometimes I specifically want to wear heels in male mode for because it's just fun!

Over decades and decades of going out in public beginning as a young girl and now an "older" woman, it's just not as fun/fulfilling/exciting/rewarding as it used to be. Sometimes it's just not worth all the preparation. I can slip on a pair of heels, boot cut jeans if I want to hide them a little, skinny jeans if I don't, run a few errands or whatever and come back feeling good! I don't know why, and frankly I don't know why more guys don't wear high heels. Not everything has to be so serious, or have a good and logical explanation.
    Totally right. I am 100% ok with you!!

I did this for the first time yesterday. Usually when I go to work I wear a skirt and heels with otherwise male mode. Yesterday I had to drop my kid off at school on the way to work so I had the skirt and heels packed and changed into the heels after dropping the kid off at school and went into work with pants and heels. Didn't want to change into the skirt on the road so waited till I got to my office before changing into the skirt.

Though if I could only pick one thing, I would pick a skirt over heels in otherwise guy mode every time.

I only wear them fully dressed of which is most of the time, never in guy mode

I've not worn heels out in guy mode but I've definitely and happily worn (clearly) women's summer lace up pumps (pink ribbons instead of laces too).
    Never had a comment. Despite the tweed waistcoat, herringbone overcoat, and lipstick.
    Eclectic? Meh. I've had my head kicked in for less. So if I'm enjoying it, who cares?
    I like the SHOES. No matter the perceived gender. Is this 2018?
    I dislike the undercurrent of judgement here that maybe OP is a fetistist because it's just the heels and guy mode.
    Is this a place where crossdressing is only ok if passing fully is the bar?
    Thought not... OP... Enjoy your shoes. In fact I reckon I have the perfect Joe Browns to go with my overcoat. 👍
    (Ok, not 'perfect' the shoes are houndstooth but the colour combo? Yeah. Pretty good)

Abbiedrake,

I think you're lace-up pumps qualify as heels.

Don't be too put off by the "undercurrent". I'm glad we're not all exactly alike, and we ought to be able to express disagreement. I've been dismayed by any number of things on here, and I'm sure that others are equally dismayed at times by me. Doing what we do, we can't shy away from that. We can disagree pretty vigorously and still be friends! There's really quite a sisterhood here. Whatever our differences, we all had a boyhood of one stripe or another, and we've all worn dresses. Gives us an uncommon commonality.

Oh Rhonda it's all good.
    To clarify when I said 'pumps' call it Britishese. They're feminine sneakers, not ladies slip on pumps.
    If I put regular laces in they'd be even less worthy of notice. They came with the ribbons, I like the ribbons.
    Your point was that, for the sake of argument, they're obviously women's shoes, right?
    But I digress. I couldn't agree with the rest of your sentiments more. Leona asked a question which was pretty closed frankly. Yes or no. I was taken aback a little by the occasional 'whys', I guess.
    I don't get a thrill out of those shoes because they're women's. I get a thrill out of those shoes. Same as I still do with my Nike Air Tech Challenge IIs. But maybe that's cos they're in the Hot Lava colorway. Maybe I just like pink. 😇
    Acceptance. Surely. That's why we're all here. Right?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Pics or it didn't happen.lol
    You never said what kind of heels you were wearing in guy mode 3 in heeled boots don't count because cowboy boots fill that category.