Thread: Insult or compliment?

Insult or compliment?

So I was checking into a hotel today as Ingrid. As I was unloading the car a 20 something young man approached with a question. He proceeded to ask me if I wanted to “have some fun”? I proceeded to answer “you could not afford me”! He replied “how much“? I could not hold in my laughter and told the truth that I was “not a working girl“. He had a very disappointed look as he walked away.

This is how I was dressed:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I’d say that’s a sincere though unintended compliment. Gotta feel a little bad for the poor frustrated boy.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    20 somethings are just so confused they don't know what they want sometimes.

PS I said this in jest with a smile on my face so don't get offended please.
    I really shouldn't have to post a PS but in this day and age you never know because there is an SJW behind every wood pile.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 12-12-2018 at 08:32 PM.

You were dressed appropriately and maybe he had had too many knock backs already for one day. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Tracii....I rarley get offended and i loved your comment! Sarcasm is one of the joys of my life.....

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I think he was blind.....

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Looks more soccer mom than hooker but then again, men are pigs😄

Take it as compliment I'd say

Sounds like a cop? Probably not but just do the risk assessment. Wouldn't that ruin a crossdressers day.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Gold Member
    Compliment. I say take it as such.

By "have some fun", if that is really how he put it, maybe he wanted you to play Call of Duty.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I'm an optimist by nature so I would say take it as a compliment.

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    Sounds to me as if he's a male prostitute looking for a John or johnna
    She's figured out all her doubts were someone else's point of view (She greenday)

Let's think about this. A male comes up to you at a hotel willing to pay "to be with you". The way I see it one of several things is going on: he thinks you are a female and a prostitute; he thinks you are a male and a prostitute; he's a police officer and thinks you are a prostitute; or he's a "chaser" and is willing to pay for a good time. Maybe I'm being to negative but personally none of these views seem complimentary to me.

I would only "not be insulted" if he did not offer to pay me anything, except a sweet compliment.
    His "maybe" Roxanne

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I would adore to be behind that woodpile, looking for embers.
    Roxanne
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Oh, to be 20 again!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Assuming, for the moment, he genuinely believed you to be female, the temptation is to take it as an unwitting compliment on one's presentation. Would a cis woman take it that way? You were assessed as something, some... thing, worth money. A compliment from a pig isn't, really.

Personnaly, I think Paula's cop theory is the most likely.

Jfem it was a cute story AND so is the outfit, so keep rocking on and be safe.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 12-14-2018 at 12:15 PM. Reason: quoted post deleted
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Jfem,

In the great scheme of things it's an insult, an insult to women that a male can walk up to a female who's going about her lawful business and solicit sex.

Sex workers make it plain what it is they're doing. If they didn't trade could be slow.

Yes you can argue that's it's a complement to your presentation that he mistook you for a female. Alternatively he was Gay, saw you were Trans and again mistakenly thought you were to.

It's easy for us to look for complements in this but as I alluded to earlier this is a form of harassment. If a guy said it to your SO or sister would you see it as a complement, I think not.

Reality Check
    Yep, it's an insult and it's a bit creepy as well. No woman would feel good about that incident and some would go so far as to call the police. Think about it; On your horniest day ever, would you have walked up to a female total stranger and said something like that? I hope not.

And jfem, your response was not very ladylike. A lady would have either ignored him or said something like "No! Now get out of here before I call the police!"
    Krisi

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmeen12 View Post
    Sounds like a cop? Probably not but just do the risk assessment. Wouldn't that ruin a crossdressers day.
    Exactly my thought. It has been known in my area that an undercover police officer will "entrap" a person with exactly that banter back and forth. When it comes to mentioning a dollar amount, then the handcuffs come out. When traveling you really do not know if the hotel strip has been having a problem with "working girls."

You have gotta love it

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Its an insult no question,and he's a cheeky b*****d

Tracii,I'm probably being dense here,but what's SJW?

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Social Justice Warrior, Sophie. Right-leaning peeps use it as a pejorative. Me? I own it. 😜

OP, I'd just chalk it up as a funny day. Neither compliment nor insult. Kid was off the mark to be sure, whatever his assumptions.

Hey Ingrid! If I had heard that, I would have gotten back into my car on Friday night and left. Its a good thing that didn't happen to me, because I would not have met you there then...

No to bruise feelings. Prepositions can be flattering but think this would fall into unwanted encounters of the third kind. I would wonder if I was checking into wrong hotel.

That is too funny, your response. Sad that he asked.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".