Thread: Crossdressing Book Suggestions

Crossdressing Book Suggestions

I am going on vacation and I want to read a good book about crossdressing. I am not into punishment for dressing by a disgruntled mate. What I would like to read is a story about a couple Man and Wife where crossdressing is welcomed and enjoyed not punished. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    It's Okay to feel like a girl some times

The best I'd read is Alice in genderland by Richard J. Novic. It's warm to read it but.not exempt of some science facts behind because he's a psychiatrist.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Fiction or non fiction? You can just go to Amazon and see what you can find. There are all sorts of CD fantasy and non fiction books available, and of course, lots of CD fiction online for free as well. Google is your friend. https://www.fictionmania.tv/ and many more. Just google 'crossdressing fiction' for that type.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Crossdressing with Dignity is interesting.

I forgot to say that Alice in Genderland is a true story.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

My first choice would be "My Husband Betty" by Helen Boyd. I consider this the best non-fiction book out there on the subject. If I had to pick one book for my wife to read about the topic, this is it!

Another good choice after this is "Head Over Heels, Wives who stay with Cross-Dressers and Transsexuals" by Virginia Erhardt. This is a series of chapters about many different couples and how they are coping with this burden.

One comment listed "Crossdressing with Dignity". This is one of a series of books written by Peggy J. Rudd. Other titles by her include; "Crossdressers: and those who share their lives" and "My Husband Wears My Clothes." Any of them are a good read but not in the same league as the two listed above.

Thank You
    It's Okay to feel like a girl some times

Silver Member
    Hey, Femmy. Check Transhealth.com.

One word of caution regarding Linda’s post (#6) is that although My Husband Betty is a good book to read for yourself, I wouldn’t recommend it for your SO/Wife necessarily.

A CD wife’s two most common & biggest fears are that her husband is (1) gay and/or (2) will transition to become a woman. There’s a sequel book to My Husband Betty, and CD Betty transitions to become a woman full time.

I haven’t read the book (disclaimer) but high level if you’re already working with your wife to explain that you are just a straight man who likes to crossdress (nothing more) and you’re looking for a book to affirm that, I don’t think My Husband Betty still qualifies b/c of part 2. If you think you may transition from CD to TS then I’m sure the series is a must read for both.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Vinova View Post
    There’s a sequel book to My Husband Betty, and CD Betty transitions to become a woman full time.
    No. 'She's Not The Man I Married' is about the prospect of transition and whether or not their marraige could survive. Betty made it clear that transition was theoretically possible but not on the cards if the marraige was at risk. Better than 'My Husband Betty' but both worth a read in the correct order

Thanks for correcting me Daisy and good to know the sequel isn’t what I thought! Sorry for misleading, hopefully my disclaimer helped my mistake!

There is another website where the Author was interviewed and stated :
    “She transitioned and has been living in the world as a woman for a few years now.

Does this mean hormones and surgery, or something short of that? Legal gender change?

I mean she lives as a woman now. I’m not being coy, but how she transitioned doesn’t make much of a difference for me. My husband is now my wife.”

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I think that interview came after the second book, the books are quite old now. If Betty has transitioned since the two books and they have stayed together I think a third book is needed to complete the trilogy.