I have been posting on another sub-forum that only members have access to because there have been some interesting topics but I noticed on this forum there are 29 guests and - me.

It has been 2 1/2 years since I joined this site and when I joined I was just beginning to see a transgender therapist and in a few months came out to friends and family. In March 2017 I went full time and began my legal and medical transition.

There is a reason I give you my story. This site was a big help for me back then. First I read, then became a member - started asking questions, got some good insight and eventually a group of 11 other TS members asked me to join a small group of theirs and I made friends some of which are still my friends today.

All types of support are important - a gender therapist - local support groups - forums such as this and of course understanding friends.

In the 2 1/2 yrs I have been on this site it has had peaks and valleys. There have been fascinating conversations - sometimes arguments unfortunately - but it has been an education. Right now it has gotten kind of quiet. I have not been posting here much either because I have been very active on a members only sub-forum.

My message to all of you that read as guests is a couple of things. You are of course welcome here. I am not a moderator or have any authority but as a member I know you are welcome.

I know there are reasons some people don't join. They are afraid that someone will search their computer and they will be found out. Or they are afraid they will say the wrong thing, or they are shy, or they are confused about how they feel about their gender.

Well those are all understandable but I got so much out of joining and I hope some of you will. Those of us on this journey are here to help. We were once where you are now.

The best advice I ever got from one of those early friends I mentioned is - 'the first trans-phobe that you have to conquer is yourself'. I use it often but I am merely quoting it.

Glad you are here. Hope to hear from you.