Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdress Bucket List

I think that for me it would be to come out fully to my family and be accepted.
    I have a cousin who is gay and I am seriously thinking about telling/showing him and his partner. I think they would be accepting (at least I hope so).
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

> I am seriously thinking about telling/showing him and his partner.
    > I think they would be accepting (at least I hope so).

Oh I really hope you get to do that Cheryl. It sounds like they have some level of acceptance in the family so they should be able to understand what that means. You're probably not going to be the first trans person they've ever met either. And even if it doesn't work, I would think it very unlikely that they'll "out" you. They'll know what that's like, either from personal experience or friends.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Getting back on topic... I don't really have a list. I just want to go and be myself now and live my life.

At this point I think loosing enough weight to wear a really tight dress.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Cheryl T most gay men in my small circle think I am weird because I dress.
    They really don't understand trans people all that well.
    They are just like the regular people in society so to think your gay friends will be accepting who knows for sure? Maybe drop hints before actually coming out.

A final and definitive purge out of shame.

Since being married to my wife of ten years I have been able to cross a lot off of my list. Not too many left at this point ....but my hair is long and I would like to get it "done" while dressed. I too would like to do a week long Cruise in fem. The wedding dress has some interest for me too.

I've doen almost anything a woman would do in daily life.

One thing I want to do is taking a 'grachten tour' on a tourist boat in Amsterdam next year when it's warm and nice. I've been to Amsterdam dressed a few times already, but have not done that part yet.

Other than that I seem to be running out of things I've not done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Getting my ears pierced, one day.....
    Yes, this is my next CDing wish as well. I might raise the subject with my wife after the holiday season.

Other small things would include painting my toenails, buying some nice ankle boots.
    A real big thing would be going out in public in MIAD mode. (perhaps somewhere more LGBT-friendly like Brighton)
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Krea.

Pierce the ears. They are only ears, we all have them.

I saw two gay men on TV telling their story about how they were nearly beaten to death in Brighten by some homophobic idiots. The point is that nowhere is safe late at night after men have been drinking. The real LGBT friendly places are the counrtyside, the rural idylls like where I live. People may not like a MIAD but they sure as hell aren't to to be rude to one that's for sure.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krea View Post
    ...A real big thing would be going out in public in MIAD mode. (perhaps somewhere more LGBT-friendly like Brighton)
    Krea, I'll let you into a secret, something that I don't think is very well known, you can do it absolutely anywhere, any place and (within reason) anytime.

We all go on here about passing and blending, but something that is seldom mentioned is good old fashioned 'hiding in plain sight' or just being you, being you. I'm never going to be anythinhg other than me, being me, but that's the important thing, I'm me, being me.

The thing about it is, that you can be on a busy high street, or as I was yesterday, in one of the country's grandest cathedrals, you can be standing right next to someone and they won't see you, they won't notice you, they won't care about you.

Have you ever noticed that when you're out and about in the town how everyone is wrapped up in their own concerns, how, when people are walking along taliking about a problem with the dog or such like, they don't keep stopping what they're saying, to talk about people that they're seeing on the other side of the road, because they don't, they're just concerned with the little bit of pavement that they happen to be on.

And, even if you're at a crossing waiting for the green man to appear and there are twenty other people waiting, they're not bothered by anyone else that happens to be waiting, all that bothers them is whether or not the green man will appear before the approaching bus goes past.

I know all of this because I've seen it and I've done it, no I do it.

And what's the worst that can happen? Someone will say to their friend "Look that's a man". And then what? They'll move on. And then what? They'll forget all about you? But possibly not, they may say to someone that evening "I saw a man dressed as a woman today". And then what? They'll have their tea and forget all about it.

And you know what, for all those who wear full makeup, and there's nothing wrong in that, everyone should do everything they want and can do to be happy, exactly the same will happen to them, the same people will say "Look there's a man in a skirt" and everyone will move on and the universe will continue to decay at a very slow rate.

Never thought of it as a bucket list but there are a number of feminine things I would like to do, including - having my nails done properly, wearing false eyelashes (tried and failed once), shaving my arms so I could wear sleeveless dresses (my upper body for that matter) and getting my ears pierced. None of that will happen unless the wife experiences some kind of "road to Damascus" style epiphany.

One goal I did achieve this year was buying a leather skirt - always wanted one and this year found one online.
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

Reality Check
    I don't think of having a "bucket list" but I do have goals. The biggest as far as crossdressing is concerned is to get my wife to go out in public with me as Krisi. Not just once, now and then. And another would be to have her call me Krisi when I'm dressed.
    Krisi

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have a question for the over the pond ladies and it has to do with CDing.
    You all talk about a "high street" what exactly is that?
    I get the city center thing that I assume it used to be in the US we say we are going down town.
    We have shopping areas all over town but not many shops actually down town anymore just bars and eating establishments.
    I was just curious about high street.
    I just go anywhere I want anytime I want girl mode or a 50/50 mix and it makes little difference to the people around me. They are in their own world on their cell phones.

Aspiring Member
    Tracii, it's the main street in a town centre where all the shops are

Hers's an example for you of a typical High Street: https://previews.123rf.com/images/ir...t-passing-.jpg

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Oo Oo pick me pick me. Charlotte, that is Rochester in Kent. Good choice, lovely place and typical English town. Tracii, how lovely is an old English High Street?

Ah-May-Lee
    I think the US "Main Street" is similar to the UK's High Street.

I been to the UK some years ago. A friend had business in Canterbury and I went with him. I could only find a few photos I took of the high streets I visited. Canterbury, Whitstable, Herne Bay.
    I always felt a connection with the UK, especially after visiting. So, recently I did a DNA test and while I'm not English, I am 64% Irish/Scotish with the rest being French and Scandinavian. I thought I had more French in me than what the test said. So, I do have a connection to the UK and hope to someday visit Scotland and Northern Ireland where some relatives live. That would be a bucket list thing.img567.jpgimg563.jpgimg584.jpg
    Last edited by Amelie; 12-17-2018 at 04:42 PM. Reason: added stuff
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Traci,

This may help.

High street (Old English heahstræte) was the word before 17c. applied to highways and main roads, whether in the country or town, especially one of the Roman roads. In more recent usage, it generally is the proper name of the street of a town which is built upon a highway and was the principal street of the place.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

When my time comes I want to go dressed as Bobbi and the final peice of music would have to be by Queen " I want to break free" also I think that would be a fitting epitaph for my headstone.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Through the years, and the last three years in particular, I have had so many experiences that would probably be on a CD bucket list if I sat down and thought about it.not finished yet doing new and exciting things

PS The high street, USED to be where there were lots of shops,the high street where I live is a ghost town, most are dying
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 12-17-2018 at 07:35 PM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I have a question for the over the pond ladies and it has to do with CDing.
    You all talk about a "high street" what exactly is that?
    I get the city center thing that I assume it used to be in the US we say we are going down town.
    High Street: A collection of buildings where one can examine merchandise, before actually buying it for half the price on amazon.

Daisy - Yes, i'm just a little bit cautious as i want to do this with my wife's blessing.

Charlotte - It's mostly about respecting my wife's feelings. She has been very supportive about my CDing, far more than i could have possibly hoped for. I don't think she would object to me going out as Miad, provided i show a certain amount of discretion. She does not want her relatives or work colleagues to know about this (a position which i understand absolutely) so the best time would be when we go away for a break, where the chance of seeing anyone we know are as small as poss.

The point about avoiding certain places is good advice. I always avoid the most likely trouble spots: football grounds, late-night venues etc anyway, but as you say nowhere is 100% safe.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Reality Check
    We have very few of those "high street" areas left in the USA. Shopping malls took over the individual shops on a downtown street and now they are falling out of favor as Walmart and the Internet become more prevalent. Some small towns have attempted to restore "main street" but it's usually just restaurants and maybe antique shops.
    Krisi

Go out shopping with a girl friend, loved to do my makeup and get dressed with another CD friend like any other girls would do!!

Julie

I had a very good year crossing things off my list. Went to the beach (even got nice tan lines) when to a play all dressed up.This year like Darla I would love to going golfing.

Connie

Mine would be go to a transformation studio to get a makeover and then a boudoir photography session. Maybe afterwards go to a night club

I don't really have anything. I do keep sort of a wishlist of items I want (since I have only been building a CD closet for about a year now, still have things I wish to have).