Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any such thing as a "lucky" CDder? Maybe...YOU are one?

I think you have to make your own luck. Do a little research before you venture out. Use common sense. If you think you're having problems with being noticed work on your presentation.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I live on the outskirts of Seattle in a smaller town that has more pickups as vehicles than most else, but it does give you motivation to work on your presentation!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Luck is a possibility. But what if one intentionally moves to a more accepting area? The first place I dressed in front of others is in a resort town 40 miles away from my home town. This resort town has been known for having a gay population for decades.

I guess I'm lucky that I live so close to a place that draws transgender people from different parts of the country. Always a safe and accepting place to be en fem as far as the locals go. There is the possibility that some tourists might be surprised but they'll most likely get used to it.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Aspiring Member
    I know that I'm only out of the front door for a short time, but I'd have to say that I've found England, yes, all of it, is very accepting. I'm lucky to live here.

Ah-May-Lee
    A question for the UK people. Is all of the UK really safe? Has anyone here walked around east London or know if it is safe to do so?
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    The risk factor is related to the time of day Amelie. In the early hours of the morning in big cities when the clubs and bars are chucking out drunk individuals then it may not be safe, but to be perfectly honest it probably isn't safe for anyone at that time, and definitely not for women. In fact young men, dressed as young men, are statistically the most at risk of unwarranted violence. During the day I would consider all but the most no-go areas of the Uk to be crossdressers friendly yes.

Ah-May-Lee
    Daisy thanks. What you say is true for most places. But is it safe to walk as a cd in the day time in East London? Areas that have a large immigrant population?

Edit-Sorry, I just read your no go areas.

Banned Read only
    MickiFinn, your words not mind. Considerable amount of time. Why wouldn't we want to see how you have progressed and gotten better. If you have gotten better so you feel comfortable going out we would like to see how close you are to passing. Reasonable request, requested in a positive way, not meant to be negative at all.

Amelie, big area East London. If I lived there I'm sure I would know the areas to avoid although I'm sure the ethnicity of the area is probably unconnected. Point is, if it were not safe for a crossdresser during the day I would reccomend ALL to avoid the area whoever they are. In other words, the crossdressing per se is unlikely to increase your risk factor in the vast majority of the UK. Anyone from east London want to chip in?
    Last edited by DaisyLawrence; 12-17-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Ah-May-Lee
    Daisy you're from Northern England. How about parts of Birmingham? Is Birmingham near you?

Sorry only been to Birmingham once.

Ah-May-Lee
    OK. Sorry for the questions. It's just I read a lot of posts on how accepting the UK is and then I watch television and see parts of the UK look worse than where I lived in Baltimore. Also I know people from Northern Ireland who are part of the Uk tell me that CDs are not always accepted there. I seem to get conflicting ideas of what life in the UK really is. Because I live in the US, I generally know how things are. Thanks for replying.

Aspiring Member
    As a cross dresser in England, the one place I wouldn't go at any time of day is the London Underground. I'm sure that there are many people here who may say that they've been on the underground and had no trouble. But it's the one place I wouldn't go. Also, I wouldn't go to town centres and night. I know a lot here like to go to pubs, clubs and bars but to my mind they have to be the least safest places to go - you have young men, you have alcohol, you have limited exits. Also, you may be in a LGBT friendly venue but you have to get there and back. To me, it's one thing that isnt worth the risk. The rest, if you're happy enough walking around somewhere in drab then the same will apply when dressed. And I would include the east of London in that.

The only other thing that I would add to what you see on the TV is that just because one famous tweeter believes everything he sees on the news (when it's not about him), then it doesn't mean that it's true. As I say, with a little bit of common sense, the UK is a safe enough place.

Nothern Ireland though, that is a place apart. There, certain C17th and C18th attitude do persist.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Amelie I wouldnt hold Northern Ireland as a beacon of tolerance of any minority,same goes for Parts of the Scottish Highlands (17th century attitudes is actually being kind) .maybe im contradicting myself a little but we can't all stay in beautiful areas,don't write off people on that basis

Charlotte,I can't speak for London,as I've never been.but I'm sure it's like any other place,as you say use commom sense you should be fine.Not everywhere is a hive of villiany

An amazing thing has happened on this site,No one has put in question this time my assertion that things are getting much better in my neck of the woods anyway,its early yet I suppose

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 12-18-2018 at 04:36 AM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Banned Read only
    A "lucky" CDer = Any CDer of any flavor who simply OWNS IT. No matter what city or town they live in. The evidence for this exists in hundreds of threads over the years at this Forum.

I feel I’m pretty lucky. The fact I go out dressed regularly has a lot to do with where I live. Having a strong LGBT presence helps a lot too.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Fortunately, most people are quite self absorbed and won't notice you unless you are dressed like a drag queen or prostitute. Those who do notice could care less for the most part.