Thread: Wow, it has been a while.

Wow, it has been a while.

Hey all!

I know it's deen quite a while since I was last on here.

Things have taken some interesting turns over the past year, since I moved to New York and went full time at the same time.

First of all, every time I think I have my health under control. Something seems to come up.

I had a bit of a scare with my heart. I'd been having some issues with vertego. So, I mentioned it to my GP and she set me up with a cardiologist and a few tests.

One of them was a Nuclear Stress Test. That produced a result that suggested an issue with a part of my heart. The Cardiologist did inform me that that particular area in that test does produce false positives.

Then I went in for a contrast cat scan and the results from that were perfect. I have nothing wrong.

I am on more meds to take care of my cholesterol and a couple more minor issues.

Now, on to the most important things on my mind.

First, I have some things in the works and hopefully by this summer I will have a date for my GRS and BA.

Yeah me!

This spring things also get serious with two of my legal aspects. My name change and divorce.

Blessed freedom from my ex. and I have one less step in my transition.

Now for my favorite news.

I have been seeing a Gender Therapist for the past three Months.

I got to talking durring one of my session and I had him crying with laughter. He couldn't stop laughing, and all I was talking about was a discussion with my GP and my humorous take on some of my meds.

At the end of the session, he suggested I try Stand-Up.

So, I have been taking some notes and jotting down thoughts in preparation to this new adventure that is my life.

Once I am able to give my first performance, I will share it with everyone I know.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Emma, I've been a musician for 50 years. I have lots of stage time, but the idea of doing standup is terrifying, especially as I transition. I have lots of great stories and have thought about weaving them into an act, but can't get the nerve to do so. I suppose that if one is going to live the life, one needs to own it!

I suggest you watch some videos by Monique Marvez, a comedian I am very familiar with. She has a great way of weaving real life in to comedy and object lessons.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...vez+full+show+

Anne, I've been doing a lot of research to get myself up to snuff for a performance.

The one thing I need more of is the absolute one thing it looks like I have to just jump in to learn. And that is what to do when bombing.

Hecklers, no problem. I have a nice large prop and quite a few come backs to deal with them.

I have to do a lot of networking first as well.

This is something In going to approach in the right way.

I have even considered approaching it from a completely different angle to improve the performance as well. Perhaps even see if I can't figure out how to pull off street performances in Manhattan.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Emma, that is so cool! Kudos to you and your new chapter in life!
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.