Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weddings

Question Weddings

Hey all,
    I was sitting at my table at a wedding this weekend observing all of the beautifule women in various dresses, skirts, on other assorted outfits. It was a casual wedding so it went from semi formal to downright sat afternoon in the backyard casual. Most of thr women however were well dressed....

Anyway to my point I found myself very jelous of these women in what they were wearing. Even one of the bridesmaids had changed into uggs for comfort about halfway through.

Has anyone found themselves in a similar situation.

Thank you!
    Jenn

Banned Read only
    Jenn,
    I've told this story many times before but as a professional photographer for thirty years I went through these emations almost continually . Maybe I should add it to the bucket list thread but I never wanted to be the bride but always wanted to join the bridesmaids . Their dresses were easier to wear , came in some lovely colours and they always had the most fun at weddings .

The big bonus for me was I got to handle the dresses hundreds if not thousands of time over the years and occasionally got to wear them when they were left at my studio .

On one occasion a guest asked me to pose with the lineup of bridesmaids , I stood in the middle and had my arms tight round the girls either side and they did the same , I really did feel like one of the girls even if I was wearing a male suit . OK I admit I did photoshop that image afterwards and did become one of them !

In case you're wondering I never tired of feeling as I did , was I jealous ? Not really because it happened so many times .

I feel that way every time I go to a wedding or some such event where more formal dress is the norm.

Nothing wrong with wishing you were wearing what they are. It can happen at the mall, a park or anywhere else women go.

My wife and I own a bartending company. We bartend a lot of weddings. My wife will catch me looking at the ladies, she will say she is too young for you. I tell her yes she is pretty but her dress and shoes are prettier.

Oh gosh yes! Weddings, formals and even Xmas/New Years parties are always the best and worst situations for me. I enjoy watching all the beautiful ladies glammed up and it's so exciting but then yes there is that hole inside me that is a little bit sad I can't join them.

One of my ex-girlfriends was bridesmaid at a wedding we went to so atleast I got to wear her bridesmaid dress after and knew how it felt to wear.

Ioften look at women and wish I was wearing the clothes they have on.

It's just a past time I enjoy and so do a lot of others.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    ...and occasionally got to wear them when they were left at my studio..
    That's not a nice thing to do

As for the OP, yes weddings can be fun.

Banned Read only
    Charlotte,
    I should have added owned by a local bridal shop and not the brides, my dear friend Margaret who owned the shop knew about my CDing and didn't have a problem , she told me that she had male customers she supplied bridal wear to . Her assistant gave me a lovely gown when the business closed down I have worn it several times to special events in my social group.

Aspiring Member
    That's some friend you had there Teresa, lending you things to wear like that. Would that we could all be as lucky as you You really have lived the dream when it comes to weddings!!

Jenn, only every wedding I go to.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    I feel that way at almost social occasions i go to - weddings, dinner dances, Xmas parties, drinks dos etc. Always envious of the ladies.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

I had a very similar experience Friday night at a neighborhood Christmas party! For some reason the party was about 3:1 girls to boys, all enjoying the night and having a great time. I couldn't look around without thinking what it would be like to some day be dressed just as pretty and enjoying a fun night with friends.

The urge (PINK FOG!) got so strong that I did figure out a way to dress on Sat and drove around for a few hours before stopping in at Glamour Boutique for a self purchased present or two. As usual it was a very rewarding event but I skipped stopping in the nearby mall due to the absolute madness, with lines of cars trying just to get into the parking lot. I hate to think how strong the feelings will be at the next wedding, might have to plan for a "J-day" that weekend, hope it's sooner rather than later!

Gold Member
    About a week ago, I was at a formal Legion Meeting when people where given awards for certain accomplishments.
    Now all the men where dressed in their normal suit and tie. How ever most of the Ladies had on dresses.
    The younger ones had knee or slightly above dress, the older ones where ankle length.
    But you are correct; I wish I could have been wearing any dress.
    Rader

I thought my feelings were fairly common. It woyld be nice if we could have a fancy dress society where one could dress in whatever formal manner they wish.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jean , Weddings & funerals seams to bring out the finery in pretty outfits. >Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I get the same way at weddings. The men are all dressed in suits or more casual drab clothes. Even the more casual weddings the women mostly wear dresses. I sit there thinking, I wonder if that dress comes in my sized or what it would look like on me, because it really looks good on them.

My wife will often need a new dress for a wedding. I love going shopping with her. I just wish she would let me try some on with her.

One of my daughters is getting married next spring. I expressed that I have no desire to wear a tuxedo. She said the suit I have will be fine.Wanted to ask if I could wear a dress, but knew better than that. But did ask if I could wear a Kilt. She laughed and said wear any thing you want Dad.
    Joan58

Being jealous is a human response that we cannot fight it once we desire something that comes from our core. With that being said, I too am jailed into these feelings of torture as I see all the beauty in front of my eyes freely walking about while I keep aging and soon my time will come as we all age. Sadly I will have an ocean of regrets on why I couldn’t be free and beautiful.

- “All will pass, time will come”

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Happens to me all the time,thankfully though I can usually cure it by dressing glam later on,or next day

At a funeral for a works colleague,my friend was wearing the most gorgeous outfit,I felt a wee bit out of order thinking that at the time tbh,though I did tell her that evening At work how lovely her outfit was

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 02-15-2019 at 11:46 PM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I don't think there has ever been a Bridesmaids Dress made that a CD wouldn't gladly jump at the chance to at least try on . LOL

Even these ! LOL

maids.jpg

Junior Member lynn.crossdresser's Avatar
    For the last 10 year we have cruised for holidays, how i wished I could glam up for the formal dinners nights in something feminine instead of the boring suits and bow ties.

Lynn I agree 100% I cruise a lot and would kill to get to put on a lovely dress and not my suit but when at a wedding I always look around and dream about wearing some of the stunning dresses & shoes

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Interesting article you might be interested in Lynn and Jeanettew

https://www.outtraveler.com/cruises/...g-center-stage
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Junior Member lynn.crossdresser's Avatar
    Thanks Sophie, interesting website.