Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weddings

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    I don't think there has ever been a Bridesmaids Dress made that a CD wouldn't gladly jump at the chance to at least try on . LOL
    There is an irony here that most of the bridesmaids that I have known well enough to hear their opinions on the matter (wife and her friends and close relatives, sisters, daughter, nieces, cousins, etc.) complain that the outfits (dresses, heels, shapewear, hair...) are expensive, ugly, and uncomfortable. They cannot wait to ditch all of it. Being a bridesmaid usually tries their friendship with the bride more than it enhances their friendship. After the event, the dresses are left in a closet and forgotten or given to charity or to a starry-eyed young girl playing dress up. Yet when these women are not bridesmaids, they expect and demand these wedding customs. Trying to make sense of it all makes my hair hurt.

This all gives me much respect and admiration for my daughter, the most honest woman that I have ever known. She complained mightily about wedding "nonsense" (her word, not mine) and avoided being a bridesmaid whenever she could get away with it. When she became a bride, she rejected the whole wedding falderal and eloped, publicly stating its folly and needless expense as the reason. My wife is still wigged out about that decision a decade later. I cried all the way to the bank and then made the down payment on her house.

Robbiegirl,
    Where do you find these old pictures!!!??

If you have ever seen the seriously hard to watch chick flick “27 dresses” you will see why many women don’t want to be bridesmaids. Although recently, the dresses seem to be ones that the ladies really could wear again.

I was lucky to be a bridesmaid in Mexico and the dresses were handmade and very beautiful. I even had the opportunity to wear it a second time. I guess I was one of the fortunate ones.
    Last edited by char GG; 02-17-2019 at 05:56 AM.

No, but i'd love to attend a wedding en femme. I have a couple great dresses I could wear, as long as I’m not the bride (not bloody likely).
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    Robbiegirl,
    Where do you find these old pictures!!!??

If you have ever seen the seriously hard to watch chick flick “27 dresses” you will see why many women don’t want to be bridesmaids. Although recently, the dresses seem to be ones that the ladies really could wear again.

I was lucky to be a bridesmaid in Mexico and the dresses were handmade and very beautiful. I even had the opportunity to wear it a second time. I guess I was one of the fortunate ones.
    I have seen the movie and found it entertaining enough ! Oh and again it would have been fun to try on one of her 26 dresses. Don't forget in one wedding she wore a tux and the lucky Guys were in dresses ! LOL

Ugly Bridesmaids dresses make great costumes for GUYs ! Lots of bigger gals get a kick out of seeing guys wear what they were stuck in for a day !

old-fashioned-funny-bridesmaids-dresses-17-5ae30414d2c6f__605.jpg
    Last edited by Robbiegirl; 02-17-2019 at 02:55 PM.

A few years back, a local radio station hosted a “Bridesmaid’s Ball”. Everyone was suppose to dress as a bridesmaid. My husband and I went and we had a blast. He wore a beautiful purple, satin gown and won some of the games, ( bouquet toss and something else involving throwing flowers in a bucket). There was music, dancing, fake bridal couple, & fake priest. It was all done as a comedy. All of the other ladies were very complementary to my husband and his presentation. So much fun, I hope they do it again someday.
    Last edited by char GG; 02-18-2019 at 01:48 AM.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I may have posted this before somewhere apologys if so.I was lucky enough to be involved in a charity Transgender fashion show and there was a bridal section,I hadn't really given thought to wearing a wedding dress before,but it turned out to be an incredible experience,and I felt wonderful,my wife was in the audience too and that made it even better

Sophie
    DSC_1033.jpgIMG_20140820_233318.jpgDSC_0302.jpg
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I still get a laugh when I go to a wedding and all the guys are basically wearing the same outfit with slight differences, mainly the tie!
    Women hate it if someone else is wearing the same outfit.
    I wear the same suite to most events but the wife would never!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

It happens to me every time I go to a wedding or other event where ladies are all glammed up. I was at a christening a while ago and one gorgeous woman was wearing a Monsoon maxi dress exactly like one I own. How I envied her seeing her tottering in heels and having to lift her dress up a little to avoid tripping up. I always wish I were dolled up in impractical clothes and shoes. Seeing a glamorous lady having to be helped to totter down the gravel drive of the church made me very much want to be her. Fortunately I can switch at a later date into femme mode and go out dressed up to the nines. I often take inspiration for my clothing purchases from seeing ladies in clothes I find attractive.

Reality Check
    At my age, I spend more time at funerals than weddings!

I don't find myself being jealous of women's clothing. I can buy these things if I want to but I know I won't look the same as them if I do. With an older male body, I have to select my women's clothing to conceal the maleness. That's life and it's best to accept it and move on.
    Krisi

Of course! I can't imagine any of us girls not checking out the bridal party. But like Krisi, too many funerals these days.

One of my favorite memories almost 20 years ago now and am so glad I was able to experience it. One of my best friends wanted to get remarried to her husband they both know and accept me. Anyway I was asked and preformed as her brides maid. I had to wear flats as she’s 5’10 and wore 5” heels and I’m 6’ exact. But the experience was maybe as much or even better for me as her. We both went to David’s bridal for her wedding dress and mine and the other gals too but I was the brides maid some of the other gals were jealous

I have had the distinct opportunity to work with women most of my career. I have always admired the professional but yet sexy manner in which many of them dressed. Yes, I have in many situations wondered how I would look in their clothes and shoes. I have kept this concept in how I crossdress. I always love dressing professionally but always have on that sexy lingerie underneath.