Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little embarrassed and proud at the same time.

Maybe you wife meant Tommi or Tommie.

Google says: The name Tommi is of English and Finnish origin. The meaning of Tommi is "twin". Female version used as "a twin" to the male Tommy, "acting like her 'twin' in action, speech, strong bond".

“Tammy” sounds a heck of a lot like “Tommy”.

Maybe you could use that and get away with it?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Although divorced, I enjoy being referred to as "Roxanne" always. It just makes me feel oh so sweet!
    Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Just being able to go out dressed with your wife is a blessing, baby steps though, I'm sure your wife will become more used to it eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    “Tammy” sounds a heck of a lot like “Tommy”.

Maybe you could use that and get away with it?
    I love the name "Tammy" - however I have a very dear old friend (whom I haven't seen in years) named Tammy and I don't want to steal her name!

Thank you to all for your comments! I have gotten a few ideas to help me in the future.

your wife is a great support and the name is not at all important.

My femme name has been Tammy Lynn for 40 years even my wife slips and calls me when we are shopping. It is funny watching the look on her face when she realizes what she said. she has called me her Knight In Rusty Armor since we have been together so in public she can call me Kira and nobody is the wiser. It always brings a smile to my face.

Aspiring Member
    In Scotland it would be rare for a woman to be called Jamie - I have never heard of one. Men called James are almost always addressed as Jim or Jamie - and male Jamie is VERY common.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    The very FIRST time I ever went out as 'all-woman' (something I call the full Daisy) I was with my wife and in the very first shop there was only me and her and the shopkeeper and she shouted my male name loudly to get my attention and then, realising the error, she quickly corrected herself.
    I go to a neuro-psych doctor, sometime in fully femme. Most of the staff have seen me en femme, but whenever I go en femme, I pass a note to the receptionist to call me by Steffi. If someone from the staff calls for [boy name], I just ignore it because it's not my "nom de jour". Eventually, they figure out their "mistake" and call for Steffi.

I'm also kind of fussy about my girl name. When I'm out with the girls, someone may call me Stephanie. I do respond to Stephanie, but also tell them that my name is Steffi.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.